🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2014 March Basho (Osaka)

I don't think they'll change up Osunaarashi's schedule until the second week if he's still undefeated.

Agreed, I think they will let him get his 8 wins, then start throwing the sink at him.

Well, not only did his winning streak end abruptly when he started getting tougher competition, but he got himself injured badly enough that he had to go kyujo and pull out of the tournament all together. A real shame, considering the boost he was due owing to his performance to that point.

I don't think they'll change up Osunaarashi's schedule until the second week if he's still undefeated.

Agreed, I think they will let him get his 8 wins, then start throwing the sink at him.

Well, not only did his winning streak end abruptly when he started getting tougher competition, but he got himself injured badly enough that he had to go kyujo and pull out of the tournament all together. A real shame, considering the boost he was due owing to his performance to that point.

He will be back for day 12, so he still has a shot at 8 wins. Lets see if he is healed up enough.

Kootuoshu on the other hand has withdrawn, I expect a retirement notice from him. His sumo wasn't exactly earthshattering, but he hung in there as an Ozeki for a long time.

And the Yokozuna's continue on unchallenged.

Well, you called Kotooshu right. He has just announced his retirement. Tears and all that. He had a good, long run but it was pretty clear he had lost his fighting edge.

Well, you called Kotooshu right. He has just announced his retirement. Tears and all that. He had a good, long run but it was pretty clear he had lost his fighting edge.

Has there ever been a European stable master? I have a feeling he may try to be the first if there hasn't been one.

Has there ever been a European stable master? I have a feeling he may try to be the first if there hasn't been one.

He wouldn't necessarily have to be in reality. Because of his rank and time in the upper division he is due the pay (and title) of an oyakata for a certain number of years.

First loss yesterday for Harumafuji puts Hakuho in the driver's seat for the yusho yet again.

Well, Osunaarashi did indeed come back from kyujo but one wonders if he should have. He did not look good. He's young and has a long career ahead of him if he doesn't let pride exacerbate injury now that comes back to haunt him later.

So things have mixed up a bit. No one is undefeated, Hakuho looks hurt, and the next two days should be fun. Karkuryu is hungry for yokozuna rank, and Goeido is trying to be the first " non K" Ozeki since Baruto.

Wow, things have really gotten interesting! Going into the last day, it looks like Kakuryu's tournament to lose. This would propel him to the rank of Yokozuna. That situation would pose some interesting 'issues.'

What an exciting finish to what turned out to be an exciting basho! Kakuryu takes the yusho and secures his likely promotion to Yokozuna. That would make for three Yokozuna, all of whom are Mongolian. The Japanese fans are clamoring for a home-grown champion.

What an exciting finish to what turned out to be an exciting basho! Kakuryu takes the yusho and secures his likely promotion to Yokozuna. That would make for three Yokozuna, all of whom are Mongolian. The Japanese fans are clamoring for a home-grown champion.

A very good basho.

Questions for the next Banzuke:

Does Tochinoshin go from Makushita #55 back into the ranks of the Juryo with his 7-0 victory? It would be an impressive comeback from injury. (id say yes)

Does Goeido make Ozeki? (I'd say yes)

How far does Endo Drop? (I'd say Mag#5) How far up does Osunaarashi go up? (I'd Say Mag 8)

Too soon for Goedo yet. He's just the sort of rikishi who could be ruined by pushing him up too fast.

Considering who they threw Endo in there with, he won't take much of a hit for going makekoshi.

Forum List

Back