2016 Republican primary

Eye on 2016

July 16, 2013 By Ryan Mauro

130626_hillary_clinton_rand_paul_martin_omalley_ap_328.jpg

The early stages of the 2016 presidential campaign are already underway. Hillary Clinton has held a steady, arguably insurmountable lead for the Democratic nomination, while the Republican nomination is much more fluid. Senator Rand Paul is the frontrunner, thanks to a drop in support for Senator Marco Rubio in Iowa over immigration reform.

At this point, Clinton can essentially walk in and take the Democratic nomination. In Iowa, wins an incredible 71% of the vote. Of course, pundits will argue that Clinton seemed inevitable in 2008, but that was only because it was assumed that then-Senator Obama would not run. Today, there is no one with the super-stardom of Obama on the Democratic Party stage at all.

If Clinton decides not to run, the race (and the general election) becomes more interesting.

Eye on 2016 | FrontPage Magazine

Three years away before we really know who the candidates will be.

Rand Paul will have to move further to the center if he wants to nominated. I suspect HRC will be the Dems.

But who really knows.

Three years away before we really know who the candidates will be.

Rand Paul will have to move further to the center if he wants to nominated. I suspect HRC will be the Dems.

But who really knows.

Agree, Paul would have to rebrand himself to be a serious candidate. Otherwise he will just lay back and steal delegates like his father did

Are democrats making up a republican primary this early??????

Here is who I have

Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Rand Paul
Paul Ryan
Assorted conservative nutjobs

Did I leave anyone out?

Are democrats making up a republican primary this early??????

Here is who I have

Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Rand Paul
Paul Ryan
Assorted conservative nutjobs

Did I leave anyone out?

Nope, unless some governor through a great emergency rises like a shining star.

Oh. :lol:

There will be a few rising stars who will enter the arena in the next few years. The ones I listed will be the major GOP fundraisers in 2016 and will be hard to beat in the primaries

One thing about Republicans is that they are predictable. While Democrats will run a candidate who shows up out of the blue (Obama, Clinton, Carter), Republicans, by definition are conservative and stick with the familiar

Hillary will be savaged by Biden in the primary. Crazy Uncle Joe wants to be POTUS and he's going to unload on Hillary.

The Conservatives will pick a candidate for the Republicans. The RINOS gave us McCain and Romney and 2 big, unnecessary country-killing losses

Hillary will be savaged by Biden in the primary. Crazy Uncle Joe wants to be POTUS and he's going to unload on Hillary.

The Conservatives will pick a candidate for the Republicans. The RINOS gave us McCain and Romney and 2 big, unnecessary country-killing losses

The crazy reactionary RINOs will no more pick a Republican candidate that they did in 2008 and 2012. The reactionaries' time has end for a good while. The Republican mainstream will pick the candidate.

The crazy reactionary RINOs will no more pick a Republican candidate that they did in 2008 and 2012. The reactionaries' time has end for a good while. The Republican mainstream will pick the candidate.

RINOs are currently the Republican mainstream. It is the Conservative reactionaries who are the true RINOs

Chris Christie, popular only among democrats.
Marco Rubio, ruined himself with amnesty
Ted Cruz, not eligible due to citizenship
Rand Paul the only one listed who might be a contender
Paul Ryan, became unpopular due to being in the gang of 8 and supports amnesty.

We have to wait and see who emerges, otherwise it will be Stand With Rand. I would bet that some others come forward.

We have to wait and see who emerges, otherwise it will be Stand With Rand. I would bet that some others come forward.

If Republicans use opposition to immigration reform as their bellwether issue in 2016 they will not only lose the White House but the Senate, House and Supreme Court

Christie very popular with mainstream GOP, very unpopular with reactionaries.

Christie does not need the Conservatives to win the nomination. In fact, he is better off without them

Christie does not need the Conservatives to win the nomination. In fact, he is better off without them

He will need the responsible conservatives but cannot afford the reactionaries, for the latter will terrify the centrists and independents with their hatred and fauxrage.

He will need the responsible conservatives but cannot afford the reactionaries, for the latter will terrify the centrists and independents with their hatred and fauxrage.

The reactionaries will split among Paul, Cruz and various conservative nutjob cases. Christie will prevail among moderate Republicans and will sweep the major Blue States like California, New England, NJ, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New York

There are too few moderate republicans like there are very few moderate democrats. obama gave Christie the kiss of political death and Christie kissed him back.

None of the big money will back Christie. They've seen what happens when they back a Moderate: they lose whatever money they donate and then their business gets crushed or if they're really lucky just treads water

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

None of the big money will back Christie. They've seen what happens when they back a Moderate: they lose whatever money they donate and then their business gets crushed or if they're really lucky just treads water

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Christie will draw the big money.......money has a way of following candidates who can actually win

There are too few moderate republicans like there are very few moderate democrats. obama gave Christie the kiss of political death and Christie kissed him back.

Nope, Christie says he won't put up with you folks, Katzndogz, he says you folks have nothing to say of worth and have no political power. Your time is over.

Forum List

Back