2017 Co2 watch thread--How high will it go?

And that is why most of the world believes in global warming! Not only the scientist...But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

Says a lot about this country. Maybe the American people are generally really stupid?

But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

From your base in reality, how many trillions do we have to spend on windmills to ensure the climate never, ever changes?
Now Todd, we spend many billions, not trillions, on wind turbines because they produce electricity at a profit. The ultra-liberal state of Texas has the most wind power, and is installing a lot more as we post. It is economics that is driving the boom times for wind and solar.
They only produce at a profit if you include the government subsidies.

And that is why most of the world believes in global warming! Not only the scientist...But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

Says a lot about this country. Maybe the American people are generally really stupid?

But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

From your base in reality, how many trillions do we have to spend on windmills to ensure the climate never, ever changes?
Now Todd, we spend many billions, not trillions, on wind turbines because they produce electricity at a profit. The ultra-liberal state of Texas has the most wind power, and is installing a lot more as we post. It is economics that is driving the boom times for wind and solar.

Now Todd, we spend many billions, not trillions, on wind turbines because they produce electricity at a profit.

Would that be the case if all subsidies and mandates were removed?

Week beginning on November 13, 2016: 403.74 ppm

Some predictions
1. We'll have a daily high of >= 412ppm
2. Weekly high of over 411ppm

ftp://aftp.cmdl.noaa.gov/products/trends/co2/co2_weekly_mlo.txt

3. Peak Monthly around 409.75-410.25ppm

This thread is for data and the discussion of such...I aint replying to you if you make a remark outside of this...
If more liberals would stop breathing, it would go way down.

Matthew posted two pairs of values, each pair exactly one year apart. Your criticism is in error and unwarranted.

Certainly NOT in the post above that I replied to.. Do you not use the quote function -- so you can get these little digs in without alerting me to a response? Or are you lazy?

There are no "pairs" of data in Post #4 that I responded to.
In other words, I don't want to face the reality of the increasing CO2 that we are putting into the atmosphere. I would rather pretend like nothing is happening, and go along with the orange clown and shut down science in the USA.

Knowing that the yearly NATURAL variance is 3 times the yearly trend -- NO.. I don't want "daily updates". It would assinine to even check.

And WHY is the natural variance that high? Because TEMPERATURE drives CO2, just as much as CO2 drives temperature..

Matthew posted two pairs of values, each pair exactly one year apart. Your criticism is in error and unwarranted.

Certainly NOT in the post above that I replied to.. Do you not use the quote function -- so you can get these little digs in without alerting me to a response? Or are you lazy?

In other words, I don't want to face the reality of the increasing CO2 that we are putting into the atmosphere. I would rather pretend like nothing is happening, and go along with the orange clown and shut down science in the USA.

BTW -- My bet is the orange clown will actually PROMOTE debate and open discussion of the GW science. A good start would be replacing Gavin Schmidt with Judith Curry. I recommended that the LParty pledge to conduct a series of high level lightly moderated debates at the Whitehouse. HIGHLY advertised and televised. I'd be thrilled if that happened.

Consensus doesn't happen without DEFENDING theories and practices. 'Bout time for that to happen.

You'd be in favor of letting the cards play out --- wouldn't you?

You have confidence what the results of open public debate would be --- DON'T YOU??

Gavin Schmidt ADMITTED he lost he ass in the ONLY public debate he was a part of. You wouldn't be worried or anything right???? :badgrin:

Sunday’s snow sets record in several locations | WJBC AM 1230
Snow records are precipitation events. Was it record cold?

It's so warm in the midwest right now

Check out the 12-hour snowfall totals across Northeast Ohio

BTW -- My bet is the orange clown will actually PROMOTE debate and open discussion of the GW science. A good start would be replacing Gavin Schmidt with Judith Curry. I recommended that the LParty pledge to conduct a series of high level lightly moderated debates at the Whitehouse. HIGHLY advertised and televised. I'd be thrilled if that happened.

Consensus doesn't happen without DEFENDING theories and practices. 'Bout time for that to happen.

You have confidence what the results of open public debate would be --- DON'T YOU??

Gavin Schmidt ADMITTED he lost he ass in the ONLY public debate he was a part of. You wouldn't be worried or anything right???? :badgrin:
GSA Position Statement
Adopted in October 2006
Please let us know how you used this GSA Position Statement.
Click on the questionnaire link at www.geosociety.org/aboutus/position.htm.

Global Climate Change

Contributors:

Mark Peters — Chair Sally Benson, Thure Cerling, Judith Curry, Yehouda Enzel, Jim Finley, Alan Gillespie, Mickey Glantz, Lynn Soreghan

Position Statement

The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries. Furthermore, the potential implications of global climate change and the time scale over which such changes will likely occur require active, effective, long-term planning. GSA also supports statements on the global climate change issue made by the joint national academies of science (June, 2005), American Geophysical Union (December, 2003), and American Chemical Society (2004). GSA strongly encourages that the following efforts be undertaken internationally: (1) adequately research climate change at all time scales, (2) develop thoughtful, science-based policy appropriate for the multifaceted issues of global climate change, (3) organize global planning to recognize, prepare for, and adapt to the causes and consequences of global climate change, and (4) organize and develop comprehensive, long-term strategies for sustainable energy, particularly focused on minimizing impacts on global climate.

Background

The geologic record provides a direct measure of the frequency, range, and duration of significant global climate changes throughout Earth’s history. Natural phenomena and processes have caused significant alterations of Earth’s climate. Of significance to the issue of modern global climate change are the interpretations of the geologic record showing that the rate of change in atmospheric composition, especially with respect to carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, is unprecedented in Earth’s recent history. Specifically, the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere is higher than at any time in the past 650,000 years, and probably higher than at any time in the past 30 million years. In addition, the geologic record shows that global climate change can have significant consequences to Earth’s life systems, with effects ranging from global modification of ecosystem distribution to large-scale extinctions. Because the geologic record provides the important archive of the consequences of global climate changes and harbors examples of icehouse-greenhouse transitions potentially analogous to modern climate change, the current nature and magnitude of global climate change should be evaluated in the context of Earth’s full geologic record.

Many earth-science disciplines contribute to the scientific and public understanding of the complex, global climate change issue, including sedimentary geology, Quaternary geology, geochemistry, paleontology, and paleohydrology, in addition to oceanography and atmospheric sciences. The understanding of the full spectrum of magnitudes and rates of climate change over geologic time provides boundary conditions for evaluating any human impacts on climate and for producing more reliable predictions of the extent of future climate change. In addition, understanding of active geologic processes provides invaluable information to better understand and monitor ongoing climate change and to develop approaches for adapting to the consequences of climate change. Earth scientists also contribute to research on carbon capture and storage — potential methods for preventing atmospheric carbon dioxide from building up as a result of the burning of fossil fuels and biomass and the production of cement and lime.

Current predictions of the consequences of global climate change include: (1) rising sea level, (2) significant alteration of global and regional climatic patterns with an impact on water availability, (3) fundamental changes in global temperature distribution, (4) melting of polar ice, and (5) major changes in the distribution of plant and animal species. While the precise magnitude and rate of climate change cannot be predicted with absolute certainty, significant change will affect the planet and stress its inhabitants. GSA Position Statement Adopted in October 2006 Please let us know how you used this GSA Position Statement. Click on the questionnaire link at www.geosociety.org/aboutus/position.htm. co

Mr. Flaccaltenn, Dr. Curry's position is that AGW is real. She just objects to scientists participating in the political fights that are inevitable in preventing the worst of the damage that will cause. She thinks that the scientists should be little virginal adolescents when it comes to politics. Unfortunetly for her, most scientists have children and grandchildren, and worry about the world they will inherit.

GSA Position Statement
Adopted in October 2006

Global Climate Change

Contributors:

Mark Peters — Chair Sally Benson, Thure Cerling, Judith Curry, Yehouda Enzel, Jim Finley, Alan Gillespie, Mickey Glantz, Lynn Soreghan

Position Statement

The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries. Furthermore, the potential implications of global climate change and the time scale over which such changes will likely occur require active, effective, long-term planning. GSA also supports statements on the global climate change issue made by the joint national academies of science (June, 2005), American Geophysical Union (December, 2003), and American Chemical Society (2004). GSA strongly encourages that the following efforts be undertaken internationally: (1) adequately research climate change at all time scales, (2) develop thoughtful, science-based policy appropriate for the multifaceted issues of global climate change, (3) organize global planning to recognize, prepare for, and adapt to the causes and consequences of global climate change, and (4) organize and develop comprehensive, long-term strategies for sustainable energy, particularly focused on minimizing impacts on global climate.

Background

The geologic record provides a direct measure of the frequency, range, and duration of significant global climate changes throughout Earth’s history. Natural phenomena and processes have caused significant alterations of Earth’s climate. Of significance to the issue of modern global climate change are the interpretations of the geologic record showing that the rate of change in atmospheric composition, especially with respect to carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, is unprecedented in Earth’s recent history. Specifically, the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere is higher than at any time in the past 650,000 years, and probably higher than at any time in the past 30 million years. In addition, the geologic record shows that global climate change can have significant consequences to Earth’s life systems, with effects ranging from global modification of ecosystem distribution to large-scale extinctions. Because the geologic record provides the important archive of the consequences of global climate changes and harbors examples of icehouse-greenhouse transitions potentially analogous to modern climate change, the current nature and magnitude of global climate change should be evaluated in the context of Earth’s full geologic record.

Many earth-science disciplines contribute to the scientific and public understanding of the complex, global climate change issue, including sedimentary geology, Quaternary geology, geochemistry, paleontology, and paleohydrology, in addition to oceanography and atmospheric sciences. The understanding of the full spectrum of magnitudes and rates of climate change over geologic time provides boundary conditions for evaluating any human impacts on climate and for producing more reliable predictions of the extent of future climate change. In addition, understanding of active geologic processes provides invaluable information to better understand and monitor ongoing climate change and to develop approaches for adapting to the consequences of climate change. Earth scientists also contribute to research on carbon capture and storage — potential methods for preventing atmospheric carbon dioxide from building up as a result of the burning of fossil fuels and biomass and the production of cement and lime.

Current predictions of the consequences of global climate change include: (1) rising sea level, (2) significant alteration of global and regional climatic patterns with an impact on water availability, (3) fundamental changes in global temperature distribution, (4) melting of polar ice, and (5) major changes in the distribution of plant and animal species. While the precise magnitude and rate of climate change cannot be predicted with absolute certainty, significant change will affect the planet and stress its inhabitants. GSA Position Statement Adopted in October 2006 Please let us know how you used this GSA Position Statement. Click on the questionnaire link at www.geosociety.org/aboutus/position.htm. co

Mr. Flaccaltenn, Dr. Curry's position is that AGW is real. She just objects to scientists participating in the political fights that are inevitable in preventing the worst of the damage that will cause. She thinks that the scientists should be little virginal adolescents when it comes to politics. Unfortunetly for her, most scientists have children and grandchildren, and worry about the world they will inherit.

The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries.

How much will it cost to eliminate the portion of climate change due to human activities?
How much will it cost to eliminate the portion of climate change not due to human activities?
How much will it cost to ensure the climate never changes?

GSA Position Statement
Adopted in October 2006

Global Climate Change

Contributors:

Position Statement

Background

Then she and I agree. And she'd be the perfect person to put a REALISTIC public policy position on the SCIENCE. Note -- that there were hysterics, no real projections in that statement. AND -- that statement is TEN years old. It was BEFORE Judith Curry was FORCEFULLY PURGED from her profession.

Why don't you ask her TODAY -- what climate change REALISTS believe??? And how POLITICAL POWER has abused the science?? She'll tell you. And so will the respondents to the Bray/von Storch polls. Where OVER HALF of the folks in the field of climate science say that politics has TOO MUCH influence on the work..

GSA Position Statement
Adopted in October 2006

Global Climate Change

Contributors:

Position Statement

Background

"The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities;"

Committee statements are not science. They are political propaganda. Truth isn't determined by majority vote. End of story.

As always, you employ logical fallacies rather than logic and science.

The fact that you want to shut it all down tells me that you're the ones that aims to end all debate..YOU don't like the reality of the results and so you want everyone silenced to forcefully shut everyone up...

Well, guess what mother fuckers, You won't silence me. You'll have to roll tanks down my street to do it. You fucking assholes can take your backwards dark age anti-science trash and stick it up your retarded goddamn asses.

I'll stand with scientist that have earned my respect through their decades of education.

Last edited:

GSA Position Statement
Adopted in October 2006

Global Climate Change

Contributors:

Position Statement

Background

Then she and I agree. And she'd be the perfect person to put a REALISTIC public policy position on the SCIENCE. Note -- that there were hysterics, no real projections in that statement. AND -- that statement is TEN years old. It was BEFORE Judith Curry was FORCEFULLY PURGED from her profession.

Why don't you ask her TODAY -- what climate change REALISTS believe??? And how POLITICAL POWER has abused the science?? She'll tell you. And so will the respondents to the Bray/von Storch polls. Where OVER HALF of the folks in the field of climate science say that politics has TOO MUCH influence on the work..
GSA Position Statement

Adopted in October 2006; revised April 2010; March 2013; April 2015

Climate Change

Position Statement.

Decades of scientific research have shown that climate can change from both natural and anthropogenic causes. The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2011), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2013) and the U.S. Global Change Research Program (Melillo et al., 2014) that global climate has warmed in response to increasing concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases. The concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are now higher than they have been for many thousands of years. Human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) are the dominant cause of the rapid warming since the middle 1900s (IPCC, 2013). If the upward trend in greenhouse‐gas concentrations continues, the projected global climate change by the end of the twenty‐first century will result in significant impacts on humans and other species. The tangible effects of climate change are already occurring. Addressing the challenges posed by climate change will require a combination of adaptation to the changes that are likely to occur and global reductions of CO2 emissions from anthropogenic sources.

Purpose.

This position statement (1) summarizes the scientific basis for the conclusion that human activities are the primary cause of recent global warming; (2) describes the significant effects on humans and ecosystems as greenhouse‐gas concentrations and global climate reach projected levels; and (3) provides information for policy decisions guiding mitigation and adaptation strategies designed to address the current and future impacts of anthropogenic warming.

RATIONALE

Scientific advances have greatly reduced previous uncertainties about recent global warming. Ground‐station measurements have shown a warming trend of ~0.85 °C since 1880, a trend consistent with (1) retreat of northern hemisphere snow and Arctic sea ice; (2) greater heat storage in the ocean; (3) retreat of most mountain glaciers; (4) an ongoing rise in global sea level; and (5) proxy reconstructions of temperature change over past centuries from archives that include ice cores, tree rings, lake sediments, boreholes, cave deposits, and corals. Both instrumental records and proxy indices from geologic sources show that global mean surface temperature was higher during the last few decades of the 20th century and the first decade of the 21st than during any comparable period during the preceding four centuries (National Research Council, 2006). Earth’s surface has been successively warmer in each of the last three decades and each of those has been warmer than any decade since 1850. The period from 1983 to 2012 is likely the warmest 30 years in the northern hemisphere during the last 1,400 years (IPCC, 2013). This recent warming of Earth’s surface is now consistently supported by a wide range of measurements and proxies, including land‐ and satellite‐based measurements.

OK, there is the present statement. Has Dr. Curry disavowed this statement? It is just an update of the 2006 statement.,

GSA Position Statement
Adopted in October 2006

Global Climate Change

Contributors:

Position Statement

Background

Why yes, they are correct. Politics has far too much influence on their work. They find themselves threatened with lawsuits for publishing the results of their research in scientific journals. They get personal threats from the locos influenced by the wackos that are saying that the scientists are in the employ of people seeking the destruction of our nation. They are pilloried in Congress by whores like Senator Inhofe of Oklahoma. In fact, what we need now is a massive push back from the people are honest enough, and smart enough, to realize the meaning of the events we are seeing right now due to AGW.

GSA Position Statement
Adopted in October 2006

Global Climate Change

Contributors:

Position Statement

Background

GSA Position Statement

Adopted in October 2006; revised April 2010; March 2013; April 2015

Climate Change

Position Statement.

Decades of scientific research have shown that climate can change from both natural and anthropogenic causes. The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2011), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2013) and the U.S. Global Change Research Program (Melillo et al., 2014) that global climate has warmed in response to increasing concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases. The concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are now higher than they have been for many thousands of years. Human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) are the dominant cause of the rapid warming since the middle 1900s (IPCC, 2013). If the upward trend in greenhouse‐gas concentrations continues, the projected global climate change by the end of the twenty‐first century will result in significant impacts on humans and other species. The tangible effects of climate change are already occurring. Addressing the challenges posed by climate change will require a combination of adaptation to the changes that are likely to occur and global reductions of CO2 emissions from anthropogenic sources.

Purpose.

This position statement (1) summarizes the scientific basis for the conclusion that human activities are the primary cause of recent global warming; (2) describes the significant effects on humans and ecosystems as greenhouse‐gas concentrations and global climate reach projected levels; and (3) provides information for policy decisions guiding mitigation and adaptation strategies designed to address the current and future impacts of anthropogenic warming.

RATIONALE

Scientific advances have greatly reduced previous uncertainties about recent global warming. Ground‐station measurements have shown a warming trend of ~0.85 °C since 1880, a trend consistent with (1) retreat of northern hemisphere snow and Arctic sea ice; (2) greater heat storage in the ocean; (3) retreat of most mountain glaciers; (4) an ongoing rise in global sea level; and (5) proxy reconstructions of temperature change over past centuries from archives that include ice cores, tree rings, lake sediments, boreholes, cave deposits, and corals. Both instrumental records and proxy indices from geologic sources show that global mean surface temperature was higher during the last few decades of the 20th century and the first decade of the 21st than during any comparable period during the preceding four centuries (National Research Council, 2006). Earth’s surface has been successively warmer in each of the last three decades and each of those has been warmer than any decade since 1850. The period from 1983 to 2012 is likely the warmest 30 years in the northern hemisphere during the last 1,400 years (IPCC, 2013). This recent warming of Earth’s surface is now consistently supported by a wide range of measurements and proxies, including land‐ and satellite‐based measurements.

OK, there is the present statement. Has Dr. Curry disavowed this statement? It is just an update of the 2006 statement.,

Won't know til someone gives her a new job. The Climate Change mafia destroyed her old one. You need to read this ENTIRE article to understand why she probably WOULD disavow that POLITICAL statement you're selling.

Climate heretic: Judith Curry turns on her colleagues : Nature News

Forum List

Back