25 Shot, 7 Killed, During First Half of Labor Day Weekend in Chicago

What's happening in Texas, so far from Chicago?
Shit happens... Don’t worry about it bedwetter
Someone who is anti-mass murder is a bed wetter? WTF is wrong with you child?
Lol
It’s like you put a Band-Aid on a broken arm thinking that will fix it… More frivolous gun control laws will not save a single soul you fucking moron
Wow! Not only can you spell retard but you can spell moron too? Who ties your shoes in the morning and gets you on the bus for special ed?

Every weekend it is MASS MURDER CHICAGO STYLE and the DemonRATS who make so much noise about guns let the Neanderthals run a mock....... so Leftist, you OWN the town, what you going to do about it?.....NOT A FUCKING THING AS USUAL!!!

Mayor "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, WHERE IS MY PAYCHECK looks shocked!!!!!!

F8LRNXo.png

At least 25 people were shot, seven fatally, during the first half of Labor Day Weekend in Democrat-controlled Chicago.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that the fatalities began around 12:22 a.m. Saturday, when 42-year-old Willie Coker was shot to death while standing outside. The shooting occurred on South Burley Avenue.

Roughly three hours later 18-year-old Angel Perez was shot and killed on West Le Moyne Street.

A 26-year-old man and a 32-year-old man were shot to death about an hour later in the 7100 block of South Paulina Street. The Chicago Tribune reports that three other adults were wounded in the South Paulina shooting.

A 15-year-old boy was shot and killed Sunday morning around 2:19 a.m. and a man was shot and killed at a party in Woodlawn about 20 minutes later. Another man was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting around 3:54 a.m. “in the 5100 block of South Pulaski Road.”

Breitbart News reported at least 29 were shot, six fatally, over the weekend of August 23-25, 2019, in Democrat-controlled Chicago.

At least 28 were shot, five fatally, in Chicago over the weekend of August 16-18. Forty-seven individuals were shot, four fatality, in Chicago over the weekend of August 9-11, and 53 individuals were shot, seven killed, in Democrat-controlled Chicago during the first weekend of August.

(Excerpt) Read more at conservativemedia.com .
No, we don't need gun control. Not at all.
No dummy we don't....we need PEOPLE CONTROL...guns just don't get up and shoot people!!!....pathetic!

Every weekend it is MASS MURDER CHICAGO STYLE and the DemonRATS who make so much noise about guns let the Neanderthals run a mock....... so Leftist, you OWN the town, what you going to do about it?.....NOT A FUCKING THING AS USUAL!!!

F8LRNXo.png

At least 25 people were shot, seven fatally, during the first half of Labor Day Weekend in Democrat-controlled Chicago.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that the fatalities began around 12:22 a.m. Saturday, when 42-year-old Willie Coker was shot to death while standing outside. The shooting occurred on South Burley Avenue.

Roughly three hours later 18-year-old Angel Perez was shot and killed on West Le Moyne Street.

A 26-year-old man and a 32-year-old man were shot to death about an hour later in the 7100 block of South Paulina Street. The Chicago Tribune reports that three other adults were wounded in the South Paulina shooting.

A 15-year-old boy was shot and killed Sunday morning around 2:19 a.m. and a man was shot and killed at a party in Woodlawn about 20 minutes later. Another man was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting around 3:54 a.m. “in the 5100 block of South Pulaski Road.”

Breitbart News reported at least 29 were shot, six fatally, over the weekend of August 23-25, 2019, in Democrat-controlled Chicago.

At least 28 were shot, five fatally, in Chicago over the weekend of August 16-18. Forty-seven individuals were shot, four fatality, in Chicago over the weekend of August 9-11, and 53 individuals were shot, seven killed, in Democrat-controlled Chicago during the first weekend of August.

And it's not even the worse city......Southern cities like St. Louis and Birmingham and Montgomery and Houston are worse......
How many of those are controlled by the Party of INFANTICIDE?.....Almost too easy!

Get rid of assault weapons. Wait, McConnell won't bring it to a vote. But wait, he's a Republican. Now we know why.

I seriously doubt that any of those people were shot with what you call "assault weapons." Pistols are the tools of the trade among the ghetto goblins.

Yes, I agree, Let's outlaw those too.

Sure, go right ahead. As long as you're the one who gets to go door to door, trying to take them away.

I will leave that up to the professionals. Shouldn't be hard to ID the criminals based on their past swipes at Walmart at Bob's Gun-A-Roma.

Your little wet dream about gun-confiscation is only a wet dream, yet you've already criminalized law-abiding gun owners?

So who are these "professionals"? Do you really think they're going to risk getting shot in the fact while going door to door? Local law-enforcement sure as hell isn't going to get involved in a clusterfuck like that. You probably don't know this, but the BATF has no idea what kind of gun was sold in a firearms transaction from a dealer, only that it's a pistol or a rifle.

How about those firearms that weren't purchased from a dealer, such as gun shows, garage sales, and other face to face transactions? That have no paperwork associated with them. I can tell you this: Out of all the firearms I own (and I do own quite a few), only one was purchased from a dealer. Only one was bought through the channels, with paperwork and a background check.

Lay off the crack pipe already, dude. You're making yourself sound pretty ignorant.

Get rid of assault weapons. Wait, McConnell won't bring it to a vote. But wait, he's a Republican. Now we know why.

I seriously doubt that any of those people were shot with what you call "assault weapons." Pistols are the tools of the trade among the ghetto goblins.

Sure, go right ahead. As long as you're the one who gets to go door to door, trying to take them away.

I will leave that up to the professionals. Shouldn't be hard to ID the criminals based on their past swipes at Walmart at Bob's Gun-A-Roma.

Your little wet dream about gun-confiscation is only a wet dream, yet you've already criminalized law-abiding gun owners?

So who are these "professionals"? Do you really think they're going to risk getting shot in the fact while going door to door? Local law-enforcement sure as hell isn't going to get involved in a clusterfuck like that. You probably don't know this, but the BATF has no idea what kind of gun was sold in a firearms transaction from a dealer, only that it's a pistol or a rifle.

How about those firearms that weren't purchased from a dealer, such as gun shows, garage sales, and other face to face transactions? That have no paperwork associated with them. I can tell you this: Out of all the firearms I own (and I do own quite a few), only one was purchased from a dealer. Only one was bought through the channels, with paperwork and a background check.

Lay off the crack pipe already, dude. You're making yourself sound pretty ignorant.

People will do anything for money. Just ask your Orange God's many mistresses and ex-wives.

People will do anything for money. Just ask your Orange God's many mistresses and ex-wives.

I'm on a first-name basis with half the law-enforcement officers in my county. Every one of them believes that concealed carry is a good thing and that getting shot in the face while going door to door, is not part of their job description.

It ain't gonna happen, no way, no how. You can dream about it all you want to but in the end, you're going to be disappointed.

F8LRNXo.png

Were all 25 shot in the same location at the same time?

F8LRNXo.png

Lol
Boy,
That’s irrelevant.
67893608_3090728487635565_6420598103153311744_o.jpg

F8LRNXo.png

The people in Texas were shot up to 20 miles apart over more than 8 hours... Try buying a white , unbiased but truthful brain!

What has military rifles got to do with chicago?

And why do we have to get rid of Assault weapons....since very few people in the country actually have them and not one has been used in a mass public shooting?

How are things in New Orleans?
Only thing for sure-too many damn illegals
I`d swap our NRA members for illegals any day of the week. Illegals aren`t the ones that are arming our crazies, criminals and domestic terrorists. See the difference?

What do you mean.....the Mexican Drug cartels are building gun factories right across the border....and the illegals are the ones who also murder Americans in this country you doofus.

The NRA isn't arming anyone you shitstain...in fact, they train the police and military who actually arrest illegal alien criminals and terrorists.....you dumb ass.

F8LRNXo.png

No, we don't need gun control. Not at all.

No, we don't.....chicago needs actual criminal control....the democrat judges keep letting violent gun offenders out on bail, they are the ones shooting people...what about that do you not understand...

Please...explain to us gun owners why the democrats keep letting out violent, repeat gun offenders who go on to use illegal guns to murder people.....and then blame normal gun owners who didn't use any of their legal guns to shoot anyone....please...explain how that freaking works...

CWB Chicago: Man fatally shot one victim, wounded another while free on recognizance bond and electronic monitoring, prosecutors say

It’s been 18 months since Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart warned that he was “alarmed” by the number of accused gun offenders who were being released on their own recognizance, sometimes with electronic monitoring.

“This needs to get fixed quick,” Dart told the Sun-Times in Feb. 2018.

It hasn’t been fixed.

Yesterday, 18-year-old Antwane Lashley was in bond court, accused of shooting a man to death on Aug. 23. Prosecutors say he also shot and seriously wounded a woman at the same time. Lashley has been free on his own recognizance with electronic monitoring since prosecutors charged him with possessing a handgun illegally this spring.

Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle wasted no time criticizing Dart’s concerns last year.

“I believe it is our responsibility to keep these matters in context and not contribute to sensationalizing them,” Preckwinkle told Dart in a letter days later.

As recently as Friday, Preckwinkle called concerns about people committing violent crimes while free on affordable bail, a “fear tactic.” She has also defended easy bail conditions for gun possession. Some people who live in less-safe neighborhoods feel the need to carry guns for their own protection, she says.

A gun, freedom, then a murder
Around 7:30 p.m. on May 20th, cops in Humboldt Park saw Antwane Lashley walking quickly on the 3800 block of West Chicago. He saw police nearby and began running, holding his right pocket as he fled, a police spokesperson said last night.

Lashley took a handgun out of his pocket, threw it, and kept running, the spokesperson said. Officers caught him nearby while other cops retrieved the gun he allegedly threw.

Prosecutors charged Lashley with felony aggravated unlawful use of a weapon. He appeared in court the next afternoon and was set free on his own recognizance with an order to go onto electronic monitoring, according to court records.

Then, last Friday, Neal Sumrell and a woman were sitting in a car on the 4200 block of West Iowa in Humboldt Park. Around 8:15 p.m., someone walked up to their vehicle and opened fire. Sumrell, 34, was shot seven times in the upper body. He died. The woman tried to run away, police said. She was shot three times throughout her body, but managed to survive.

Lashley—on juvenile probation for aggravated battery causing great bodily harm—was arrested at his home Thursday evening, just one block from the murder scene. Police say he’s the gunman who killed Sumrell and injured the 28-year-old woman who tried to run away.

Prosecutors yesterday charged Lashley with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, and aggravated battery by discharging a firearm. Judge Mary Marubio ordered him held without bail.

“Victims deserve better,” said Anthony Guglielmi, the police department’s chief communications officer early Sunday. “We are going to continue to be the voice for those who have been silenced by gun violence.”

Not the first
Lashley is hardly the first person to be accused of killing or trying to kill someone while free on the county's affordable bail program. Among similar cases reported by CWBChicago:

In May 2018, Daryl Williams was charged with fatally shooting a man in the back of the head. He was free on a recognizance bond at the time while awaiting trial for allegedly possessing a stolen firearm the previous November.

In June of last year, Carnell Morris was charged with being an armed habitual criminal after police said they found a gun in his car. He posted a $1,000 bond. Six months later, while awaiting trial for the gun case, Morris was charged with attempted murder after he allegedly shot a 51-year-old man.

Just three months ago, repeat gun offender Antawan Smith was charged with murdering a 15-year-old. He was free on a $6,000 deposit bond while awaiting trial for allegedly being an armed habitual criminal.

In Delaware, 71% of gun charges are dropped

From 2012 to 2014, more than 11,700 felony weapon charges were filed in Delaware, and in most cases, the weapon was a gun. Yet, 71 percent of those charges disappeared before trials began.

==========

Top cop laments violence as 66 shot, 5 fatally, over long Fourth of July weekend

Between last Wednesday and Friday, 42 people were charged with felony gun-related offenses, he said, but only 15 remain in custody.

That lack of accountability for gun offenders has damaged the Police Department’s relationship with the communities most beset by violence, Johnson said, making victims of crimes less likely to cooperate with officers.
-----
“It’s not about mass incarceration. It’s not about having quotas. But when somebody has a demonstrated track record of being a violent gun offender, that should say something to the judges who are making decisions about bail. They shouldn’t be out on the street,” Lightfoot said. “We can’t keep our communities safe if people just keep cycling through the system because what that says to them is, I can do whatever I want, I can carry whatever I want, I can shoot up a crowd and I’m going to be back on the street. How does that make sense? It doesn’t.”
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/criminal_justice_reform_comes_home_to_roost.html
=======

CWB Chicago: You Be The Judge: We give you the case details. You try to guess their bail amount.

McKay was sentenced to four years for robbery in 2008; two years for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon (firearm) in 2010; seven years for being a felon in possession of a weapon (firearm) in 2012; and three years for possession of fentanyl in 2016.
-----
For McKay, who has two gun convictions and a robbery conviction, Willis set bail at….$5,000. McKay will need to put down a 10% deposit of $500 to go free. Willis also ordered him to go on electronic monitoring if he is released.

Some details that Willis did not know:
• McKay’s 2008 robbery conviction involved an armed carjacking. Prosecutors reduced the charge to “ordinary” robbery as part of a plea deal.• In 2012, McKay’s second gun case also included allegations that he fired the weapon. Prosecutors dropped the weapon discharge count and seven other weapons charges in a plea deal.• The 2016 drug possession charge started as allegations of manufacture-delivery of fentanyl, but, again, prosecutors pleaded that down to possession.

========

F8LRNXo.png

And it's not even the worse city......Southern cities like St. Louis and Birmingham and Montgomery and Houston are worse......

Democrats in charge of St. Louis and Birmingham ( since 1963).

Houston has a lower gun murder number than Chicago...even though it has gun stores all over the place, open and concealed carry, and is right on the border with the Narco state of Mexico...

Meanwhile, Chicago has no gun stores or gun ranges and getting a concealed carry permit is a real hassle...

I'm on a first-name basis with half the law-enforcement officers in my county. Every one of them believes that concealed carry is a good thing and that getting shot in the face while going door to door, is not part of their job description.

It ain't gonna happen, no way, no how. You can dream about it all you want to but in the end, you're going to be disappointed.

Federal law won't be enforced by Andy and Barney.

Federal law won't be enforced by Andy and Barney.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue just how many firearms there really are are in this country.

F8LRNXo.png

Lol
Boy,
That’s irrelevant.
67893608_3090728487635565_6420598103153311744_o.jpg

It's very relevant. You are trying to use Chicago to take away from a white man who killed 22 folks at one time.

Forum List

Back