3,700,000 AR-15s in private hands...and now the current stock just sold out...

The M1 Garand is cool. When you shoot an AR-15 it sounds like a cannon if you are used to firing .22's and small caliber weapons.

The AK-47 is the most popular assault rifle ever I think because it was purposely built to be used anywhere, mud, sand, dirt, and keep working. And it has stood the passing of time.
My neighbor was among the Marines in Vietnam when the real fighting got started. His T/O weapon when he got there was the M-14, which he really liked. Little by little they began transitioning to the M-16, which he said nobody liked. He said it was comparatively flimsy and too complicated. He said they called it a "Buck Rogers" gun and a "toy."

He said the M-16 started malfunctioning during familiarization and qualification. Later, when his unit moved "in country" they were ambushed by NVA troops and two Marines he knew were killed when their M-16s malfunctioned. He said it wasn't widely known but there nearly was a mutiny by Marines who demanded to have the M-14s returned -- which they were. About a year later the cause of the M-16 failures was corrected and they were re-issued.

Since he told me that I have read something that confirms it. But even without that information I've never liked the M-16 or the Ar-15, neither of which I've ever seen or handled. I just don't like anything about them. I was spoiled by the M-1, which I was very proficient with and although I've never handled an M-14 it looks good to me and I've heard nothing but good about it.

Everything I've ever read and heard about the AK-47 makes me wonder why the U.S. didn't adopt it as the military standard -- mainly because its most outstanding characteristic, reliability under harsh conditions, is the most important consideration in a combat weapon. The only negative feature I've read about is accuracy compared with the M-16. But that can easily be improved with tighter machining standards and better steel barrels. The bottom line is our troops would have an easier-to-maintain, more reliable weapon at one-third the cost.

The loose tolerances on the AK is the reason they can still fire when dirty.
Tighten up the tolerances and you lose that.

And like I said the vast majority of guns in this country will never be used to kill anyone so I guess they are all being used incorectly
That is correct, and they also have no reason to exist then. If you never kill anything, you never needed a gun.

I can come up with a list a mile long of shit you don't need and I need my guns for my hobbies of target and skeet shooting

And if my house ever gets broken into I have the option of protecting myself, my wife, my dogs and my property

You won't have that option will you?
Guns are not toys, for hobbies.

Not toys but perfectly suited for the hobbies of target and skeet shooting
That is not what a gun was designed for. You treat them as toys, hence the problem.

And like I said the vast majority of guns in this country will never be used to kill anyone so I guess they are all being used incorectly
That is correct, and they also have no reason to exist then. If you never kill anything, you never needed a gun.

I can come up with a list a mile long of shit you don't need and I need my guns for my hobbies of target and skeet shooting

And if my house ever gets broken into I have the option of protecting myself, my wife, my dogs and my property

Not toys but perfectly suited for the hobbies of target and skeet shooting
That is not what a gun was designed for. You treat them as toys, hence the problem.

I am using them for the exact purpose for which they were designed: to fire a projectile at a target

That would be your opinion, not a fact.

The loose tolerances on the AK is the reason they can still fire when dirty.
Tighten up the tolerances and you lose that.
Okay. That makes sense. But how important is it to tighten up those tolerances where an infantry weapon is concerned?

Accuracy.
Aimed fire kills far more enemies than full auto. With that in mind accuracy is a big deal.
The AK does what it's designed to do. Give the poor masses a rifle that is easy to use and maintain.
When a country has money they dont arm their soldiers with AKs because when they go to war they have supply lines and the ability to maintain higher tech equipment such as more accurate weapons.

Personally if I wanted a larger caliber than the 5.56 I'd probably get it in the AR platform in a .308.

gun sales went sky high when big ears stole the office

Please explain how he "stole" it.

the libtard media for one. ever hear of ACORN ??? they rigged the machines even writing in Donald duck

Harry Reid. said he wanted a light skinned "negro" without the heavy "negro" accent. the DNC stinks like a whorehouse at low tide

That's hilarious! ACORN rigged the machines? Thanks for the deep belly laugh I just finished. Damn, you're really fucking stupid. Really.

the libtard media for one. ever hear of ACORN ??? they rigged the machines even writing in Donald duck

Harry Reid. said he wanted a light skinned "negro" without the heavy "negro" accent. the DNC stinks like a whorehouse at low tide

That's hilarious! ACORN rigged the machines? Thanks for the deep belly laugh I just finished. Damn, you're really fucking stupid. Really.

its public record numb nuts

You mean it's public record that Donald Duck's vote was officially counted? Really...?

You mean it's public record that Donald Duck's vote was officially counted? Really...?

almost forgot mickey Mouse to. I think it was down in Fla. ACORN was mainly dumb fuck blacks so they didn't know the diff. they got caught dealing in prostitution, drugs and physical intimidation of bankers to force free home loans. all for the DNC. real low life scum. you'd like em

almost forgot mickey Mouse to. I think it was down in Fla. ACORN was mainly dumb fuck blacks so they didn't know the diff. they got caught dealing in prostitution, drugs and physical intimidation of bankers to force free home loans. all for the DNC. real low life scum. you'd like em

Well, if you actually fought in Nam, I guess you've earned the right to be so fucking dumb.

That's a lie. Most guns are, in fact, purchased and used for hobbies.

Well, if you actually fought in Nam, I guess you've earned the right to be so fucking dumb.

how old are child ???

how old are child ???

If you're asking my age - I'm 69.

Yes...Americans understand that the anti gun extremists are nuts.....so...after San Bernadino..where 14 unarmed people in a gun free zone were killed by 2 muslims with guns....in a gun free zone....Americans bought out the entire stock of AR-15s...

Post San Bernardino Gun Sales Surge Drains U.S. AR Supply - The Truth About Guns

TTAG’s reached out to some of this country’s largest firearms wholesalers and learned that the sales channel is dry. AR’s they ain’t got. And no wonder. IWI US’s VP of Sales & Marketing, Michael Kassner, tells TTAG that IWI’s sold thousands of Tavors over the weekend. Folks, that’s a $2k rifle. You can imagine how many low-end AR’s are finding new homes in the rush to tool-up against terrorism, further fueled by the assault media’s decision to come out of the gun confiscation closet, ahead of Hillary Clinton’s potential election. There’s a lag between wholesaler supply and what you see at your local gun store. That means . . .

you’ll still see guns on the shelves for the time being. But for how long?
I reckon they've been bought up by the domestic terrorists.

how old are child ???

If you're asking my age - I'm 69.

whats nam got to do with the price a milk?? you never heard a ACORN?? look who the dumb fucktard is now

The M1 Garand is cool. When you shoot an AR-15 it sounds like a cannon if you are used to firing .22's and small caliber weapons.

The AK-47 is the most popular assault rifle ever I think because it was purposely built to be used anywhere, mud, sand, dirt, and keep working. And it has stood the passing of time.
My neighbor was among the Marines in Vietnam when the real fighting got started. His T/O weapon when he got there was the M-14, which he really liked. Little by little they began transitioning to the M-16, which he said nobody liked. He said it was comparatively flimsy and too complicated. He said they called it a "Buck Rogers" gun and a "toy."

He said the M-16 started malfunctioning during familiarization and qualification. Later, when his unit moved "in country" they were ambushed by NVA troops and two Marines he knew were killed when their M-16s malfunctioned. He said it wasn't widely known but there nearly was a mutiny by Marines who demanded to have the M-14s returned -- which they were. About a year later the cause of the M-16 failures was corrected and they were re-issued.

Since he told me that I have read something that confirms it. But even without that information I've never liked the M-16 or the Ar-15, neither of which I've ever seen or handled. I just don't like anything about them. I was spoiled by the M-1, which I was very proficient with and although I've never handled an M-14 it looks good to me and I've heard nothing but good about it.

Everything I've ever read and heard about the AK-47 makes me wonder why the U.S. didn't adopt it as the military standard -- mainly because its most outstanding characteristic, reliability under harsh conditions, is the most important consideration in a combat weapon. The only negative feature I've read about is accuracy compared with the M-16. But that can easily be improved with tighter machining standards and better steel barrels. The bottom line is our troops would have an easier-to-maintain, more reliable weapon at one-third the cost.

Yes there was a bad problem with the M-16 early on. They issued a cleaning kit and cleaning guide if I remember correctly because it easily jammed and stopped working in the field. From what I've read most troops that it like a toy because it was made of plastic and was so light.

The M-14 gets high marks from everyone I've read about that used it. And it had a lot of stopping power. As for the AK-47 there is no way the US could ever adopt the infantry weapon of choice of an enemy no matter how good it is. Of course every rag tag bunch of freaks around the world have adopted it and the Toyota pickup as their go to tools!

Forum List

Back