+30.5B: Federal Spending Up, Not Down, in First 5 Months of FY13

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Hey, I thought the debt was caused by the Iraq war that we won. Ending the war on Bush's time table sure does not seem like it curbed federal spending. What's up with that?

+30.5B: Federal Spending Up, Not Down, in First 5 Months of FY13 | CNS News

(CNSNews.com) - Federal spending was up $30.5 billion in the first five months of fiscal 2013 compared to the first five months of fiscal 2012, according to newly released data from the U.S. Treasury.

The federal fiscal year begins on Oct. 1 and runs through Sept. 30. In the first five months of fiscal 2012 (October through February), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement, total federal spending was approximately $1,473,999,000,000.00. In the first five months of fiscal 2013, total federal spending was $1,504,547,000,000.00.

Thus, federal spending was $30,548,000,000.00 more in the first five months of fiscal 2013 than it was during the first five months of fiscal 2012.

The federal government is also spending at a much faster pace this year than it did before President Barack Obama took office.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you really think that the day the war ended is the same day all our war debts were paid?

Really?

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you really think that the day the war ended is the same day all our war debts were paid?

Really?

Does anyone really believe that Democrats give a rats ass about cutting spending?
We are approaching $20 trillion in debt and Obama says it's perfectly fine.

Are you friggin kidding me.
And the press gives him a free pass on that. :cuckoo:

Really?

Ah yes. Maybe the problem is that you don't understand the difference between spending, deficit and debt.

Really?

Does anyone really believe that Democrats give a rats ass about cutting spending?
We are approaching $20 trillion in debt and Obama says it's perfectly fine.

Are you friggin kidding me.
And the press gives him a free pass on that. :cuckoo:

You're greedy for not wanted them to spend your money.

Forum List

Back