4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

as many have said, take away 1 tool, another will be used.

BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

england has banned guns, and now knives cause the gun ban didn't work.

we live in a very angry time. we see it daily in here with people anxious to get a jab in or associate all the worlds problems with *the other side*. our "leadership" makes threats on each other daily and the media makes everyone an extreme version of whatever side they may be on.

the "tools" are not the issue. we are.

Yep. It reminds me of how really young kids that listen to whatever entertainment posing as a newsy program on the television with whatever fear based crap filters down. Also, the paralyzing effect of the Cold War crap. That purveying sense of hopelessness.

We live in a society where people are actually fighting for or against corporate owned media.

Yep. It reminds me of how really young kids that listen to whatever entertainment posing as a newsy program on the television with whatever fear based crap filters down. Also, the paralyzing effect of the Cold War crap. That purveying sense of hopelessness.

We live in a society where people are actually fighting for or against corporate owned media.
both sides have their extremes wanting death to the other side. we only seem to "wake up" even if for a moment when someone actually goes out and does it. but even then we want so bad to label that person as a rep from the OTHER side when they are in fact, just a crazy ass mofo in a class of their own regardless of their politics.

maybe this is how our "civil war" is being fought today.

we live in a very angry time. we see it daily in here with people anxious to get a jab in or associate all the worlds problems with *the other side*. our "leadership" makes threats on each other daily and the media makes everyone an extreme version of whatever side they may be on.

From what I heard it was an Assault Knife, that killed those innocent people.

both sides have their extremes wanting death to the other side. we only seem to "wake up" even if for a moment when someone actually goes out and does it. but even then we want so bad to label that person as a rep from the OTHER side when they are in fact, just a crazy ass mofo in a class of their own regardless of their politics.

I think this is an attempt to sow division and has been going on for a good 15 years and we have an entire generation that thinks this is how it's done. So, it's reactive. Not sure if that qualifies as a civil war.

I think this is an attempt to sow division and has been going on for a good 15 years and we have an entire generation that thinks this is how it's done. So, it's reactive. Not sure if that qualifies as a civil war.

i don't think we have an entire generation that things this is how it's done. none of my nephews or nieces would ever think this is appropriate. i would agree "civil war" in the traditional line up and take turns firing at the other side simply isn't happening. but i don't think we'll get to that point. but we sure are NOT being "civil" to each other these days.

500 hours of sensationalized, sobbing, tear jerking "let's get those evil guns!" coverage of the two shootings on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN etc........
This won't get 30 seconds coverage.
The media is clearly a threat to the Constitution.

If good Americans really cared, they take note of advertisers on those networks and boycott those advertisers like their lives depended on it (it might if they get their way)

People have in their possession the ability to make changes....but they refuse to use it.

The tools make a difference.
The attacks on more than a half-dozen places took place over about two hours in Garden Grove and neighboring Santa Ana.

It took this rampaging guy two hours, moving to six different places, to kill 4 and wound 2. As opposed to the Dayton shooter with his long gun and 100 round drum killing nine and injuring 27 in less than one minute.

That is EXACTLY what I mean by "harm reduction."

Not to minimize the horror of what happened to those stabbing victims.

The attacks on more than a half-dozen places took place over about two hours in Garden Grove and neighboring Santa Ana.

It took this rampaging guy two hours, moving to six different places, to kill 4 and wound 2. As opposed to the Dayton shooter with his long gun and 100 round drum killing nine and injuring 27 in less than one minute.

of course they do - but again, the violence is causing this - not the gun. when you ban guns and the violence is still here, do we then ban knives? is that our path / direction for the future? banning guns really hasn't worked. some of our cities with the strictest gun laws have the worst crime. who do we blame that on so we can pretend gun bans work?

as for knife victims:
China knife attack leaves 29 dead
An attack by knife-wielding men at a railway station in Kunming in south-west China has left at least 29 dead, the state news agency Xinhua says.

Idaho mass stabbing: Suspect accused of targeting 3-year-old's birthday party

Sagamihara stabbings - Wikipedia
The Sagamihara stabbings were committed on 26 July 2016 in Midori Ward, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan. Nineteen people were killed and twenty-six others were injured, thirteen severely, at a care home for disabled people.[1][3] The suspect was a 26-year-old man, identified as Satoshi Uematsu (植松 聖 Uematsu Satoshi), a former employee of the care facility.[4] Uematsu surrendered at a nearby police station with a bag of knives and was subsequently arrested.[2][3][5] The attack was described as one of the worst crimes committed on Japanese soil in modern history.[4]

Category:Mass stabbings - Wikipedia
hell, this is a wiki page full of mass stabbing attacks.

we need to focus on the problem, not the outcome.

of course they do - but again, the violence is causing this - not the gun. when you ban guns and the violence is still here, do we then ban knives? is that our path / direction for the future? banning guns really hasn't worked. some of our cities with the strictest gun laws have the worst crime. who do we blame that on so we can pretend gun bans work?

as for knife victims:
An attack by knife-wielding men at a railway station in Kunming in south-west China has left at least 29 dead, the state news agency Xinhua says.

The Sagamihara stabbings were committed on 26 July 2016 in Midori Ward, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan. Nineteen people were killed and twenty-six others were injured, thirteen severely, at a care home for disabled people.[1][3] The suspect was a 26-year-old man, identified as Satoshi Uematsu (植松 聖 Uematsu Satoshi), a former employee of the care facility.[4] Uematsu surrendered at a nearby police station with a bag of knives and was subsequently arrested.[2][3][5] The attack was described as one of the worst crimes committed on Japanese soil in modern history.[4]

when you ban guns and the violence is still here, do we then ban knives? is that our path / direction for the future?
Please don't imagine "slippery slopes" that don't exist. Banning assault rifles, for instance, does NOT mean that next we will ban ALL guns. It is a scare tactic. Although, as a matter of fact, for a time when I was a lass, NY state (thanks to NYC) banned switchblades and other kinds of knives that were frequently used in stabblings. But then the gang kids all got handguns and voila.

as for knife victims:

when you ban guns and the violence is still here, do we then ban knives? is that our path / direction for the future?
Please don't imagine "slippery slopes" that don't exist. Banning assault rifles, for instance, does NOT mean that next we will ban ALL guns. It is a scare tactic. Although, as a matter of fact, for a time when I was a lass, NY state (thanks to NYC) banned switchblades and other kinds of knives that were frequently used in stabblings. But then the gang kids all got handguns and voila.
who's imaging this? i pointed out where this is an action Great Britian is taking. Is that my imagination also? Did i not see that story? Also, you just made my point for me - you ban one weapon they take another. so a gun ban, when it doesn't stop the violence and they shift to another weapon, do we ban that also?

when do we look for WHY people are so violence and work on that?

when your mindset is taking away something will fix a problem, then when the problem isn't fixed, you'll just take next tool away. we need a different mindset than this in charge if we're ever to get past this.

as for knife victims:

who's imaging this? i pointed out where this is an action Great Britian is taking. Is that my imagination also? Did i not see that story? Also, you just made my point for me - you ban one weapon they take another. so a gun ban, when it doesn't stop the violence and they shift to another weapon, do we ban that also?

when your mindset is taking away something will fix a problem, then when the problem isn't fixed, you'll just take next tool away. we need a different mindset than this in charge if we're ever to get past this.
then when the problem isn't fixed, you'll just take next tool away.
Actually, you just said it again. And my reply remains the same.

as for knife victims:

then when the problem isn't fixed, you'll just take next tool away.
Actually, you just said it again. And my reply remains the same.
good. but you're the one who said i was imaging slippery slopes that don't exist and then turned around and gave me an example of where they do - take away knives, go for guns.

so that slope must therefor, exist.

What's causing all this terror? Why are these men so angry? If this is domestic terrorism, then are they related? Usually, bad things happening like this are not by coincidence. There is something they share in common even though they may be isolated cases.

What's causing all this terror? Why are these men so angry? If this is domestic terrorism, then are they related? Usually, bad things happening like this are not by coincidence. There is something they share in common even though they may be isolated cases.
and that is exactly what i think we need to look into. taking away one tool of "expression" is only going to make them go for another.

as for knife victims:

I have a .22 semi-auto rifle. Nice looking, wood stock, etc. Do you consider that an 'assault rifle?'

as for knife victims:

I have a .22 semi-auto rifle. Nice looking, wood stock, etc. Do you consider that an 'assault rifle?'
And many 22's can be made to look like an assault rifle. Put a kit on is it now a weapon of war?

Forum List

Back