40 million fire extinguishers recalled! WOW! How many do you own?

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
More than 40 million fire extinguishers recalled after car fire death.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of more than 40 million Kidde disposable fire extinguishers Thursday, saying they may malfunction during an emergency.

The recall covers 134 models of Kidde plastic-handle fire extinguishers manufactured between 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were recalled in 2009 and 2015. It also includes eight push-button models manufactured between 1995 and September 22, 2017.
The extinguishers are sold online and at The Home Depot, Walmart, Sears and other stores.

DNn2S4MX0AAo71j.jpg

DANG! Back to 1973!

• Banned
Seems the handles (some) were made in China.

• Banned
They only malfunction if you have to use one to put out the fire that wants to consume your house.

Well, the inspector should catch them.
I like how Gobmint helps protect us.
Gobmint GOOD!

Kiddie is your home style extinguisher, no inspectors will see it.

Many are in private elder care homes. They do get checked.

I do know NJ inspects home smoke alarms, like every 5 years or so.
per extended family member.

• Banned
FFS! Most after 1980 are

80-12796-9x8-hecho-en-mexico-3-color-ebay.jpg

Whitey Translations below!

27169383-illustration-of-grunge-rubber-stamp-with-the-text-made-in-Mexico-written-inside-Stock-Vector.jpg

MAGA! All the way! Like how the Great Douche and Family does!

041216_TrumpMadeInMexico_GRAY.jpg

Yes! Your replacement will be from Mexico!

Thanks... Great Orange Douche! Why are you not slapping Kidde with a 35% import tax?

Gee? You learned you can't?

Last edited:
one the smaller kitchen one is recalled...the larger one in the basement is good..they are sending a replacement 10 to 15 days...

thanks for posting this

one the smaller kitchen one is recalled...the larger one in the basement is good..they are sending a replacement 10 to 15 days...

thanks for posting this

Welcome! :banana::eusa_dance::happy-1::rolleyes-41:

I want a 35% import tax on them!

Some poor most die!

Do you think this import tax will sour some?

FYI: Great link to all that are bad.

Description:

This recall involves two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers: plastic handle fire extinguishers and push-button Pindicator fire extinguishers.

Plastic handle fire extinguishers: The recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between January 1, 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015. The extinguishers were sold in red, white and silver, and are either ABC- or BC-rated. The model number is printed on the fire extinguisher label. For units produced in 2007 and beyond, the date of manufacture is a 10-digit date code printed on the side of the cylinder, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture in DDDYY format. Date codes for recalled models manufactured from January 2, 2012 through August 15, 2017 are 00212 through 22717. For units produced before 2007, a date code is not printed on the fire extinguisher.

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachment: One Death Reported

Last edited:
Is there anything that won't ever be recalled?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
My Toenail clippings? If you're not in Italy, as MOB Boss Soprano.
Eaten foods?
All items that were made and the manufacturers went out business, as they knew were defective for profits?
So to keep the money!

Did I win a prize?

More than 40 million fire extinguishers recalled after car fire death.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of more than 40 million Kidde disposable fire extinguishers Thursday, saying they may malfunction during an emergency.

The recall covers 134 models of Kidde plastic-handle fire extinguishers manufactured between 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were recalled in 2009 and 2015. It also includes eight push-button models manufactured between 1995 and September 22, 2017.
The extinguishers are sold online and at The Home Depot, Walmart, Sears and other stores.

DNn2S4MX0AAo71j.jpg

DANG! Back to 1973!
I used to own the small one for my vehicle.

But not in a long time.

Guess I should get a new one just not this brand.

Forum List

Back