🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

you just called the bible a scientifically accurate book. the same book that talks about Moses parting the red sea and jesus walking on water. all of which are scientifically impossible. you cant pick and choose random passages out of a book and claim that as scientifically accurate while ignoring everything else. lets also talk about how jesus was resurrected, how about how he turned water into wine.

biblical translations can mean whatever they want to whomever they want. people have been doing it for thousands of years.

educate yourself on the laws of nature. i guess they really do grown them big and dumb in Tex-ASS!

Florida State oceanographer Doron Nof set out to investigate whether the parting of the Red Sea is "plausible from a physical point of view." Using a common phenomenon called wind set-down effect, he found that "a northwesterly wind of 20 m/s blowing for 10-14 h is sufficient to cause a sea level drop of about 2.5m." Such a drop in sea level, Nof speculates, might have exposed an underwater ridge, which the Israelites crossed as if it were dry land. Although the event is plausible, Nof estimated that the likelihood of such a storm occurring in that particular place and time of year is less than once every 2,400 years.

While scientists agree that wind set-down effect could have caused the Red Sea to part as described in the Bible, most biblical scholars and archeologists insist that the Israelites' crossing did not take place at the Red Sea at all. The original Hebrew (yam suph), they contend, should be translated as Sea of Reeds, not Red Sea. So where's the Sea of Reeds? It depends whom you ask. In the somewhat specious History Channel documentary Exodus Decoded, Simcha Jacobovici (aka the Naked Archaeologist) places the Israelites' crossing in the Bitter Lakes, a reedy marshland north of the Gulf of Suez that was subsumed during the construction of the Suez Canal. For his part, Walking the Bible author Bruce Feiler concludes that the Sea of Reeds is Lake Timsah, located halfway between Port Said and Suez. But The Miracles of Exodus author Humphreys argues that while the translation of "the Red Sea" may be incorrect, the Sea of Reeds nevertheless refers to the Red Sea, concluding that "there can be little doubt that the Red Sea crossing was made possible by wind setdown at the head of the Gulf of Aqaba."

Scientific explanations for the parting of the Red Sea, the 10 plagues, and the burning bush. - By Michael Lukas - Slate Magazine

You're free to believe whatever you choose, as I am. Fact: there are statements in the Bible that are scientifially accurate.

Fact: Secular history supports the Bible. (The Antiquities of the Jews by famous historian Flavius Josephus )

Fact: Archeologist findings support the history of events recorded in the Bible.

Yep there ar scientifically accurate statements in the bible. so and so beget so and so who beget so and so, etc.

And the wedding guests were the first Kool Aid drinkers?

you just called the bible a scientifically accurate book. the same book that talks about Moses parting the red sea and jesus walking on water. all of which are scientifically impossible. you cant pick and choose random passages out of a book and claim that as scientifically accurate while ignoring everything else. lets also talk about how jesus was resurrected, how about how he turned water into wine.

biblical translations can mean whatever they want to whomever they want. people have been doing it for thousands of years.

educate yourself on the laws of nature. i guess they really do grown them big and dumb in Tex-ASS!

its not impossible if they had help from...Ahem...."visitors" from afar....:eusa_whistle:

its not impossible if they had help from...Ahem...."visitors" from afar....:eusa_whistle:

Firemen?

Firemen?

Visitors from afar are "Firemen?.....:eusa_eh:

All primitive species such as humans abandon their supersticious beliefs as they mature.

I wonder what formerly primitive species' superstitious beliefs you are comparing to humanity's? :eek:

Yes.

Like disease is caused by evil spirits?

We have mostly now gotten away from the multiple gods down to just one for each religion now.

It time that one will not be needed, if we make it that long.

New Gallup poll.
Americans sure are dubasses, ignorant and robots.

No link? Figures, you probably made it up.

I'm curious. As much time as you spend in front of the computer, why don't you ever spend 30 seconds to look something up? I went to "www.google.com" and typed in:

"gallup poll 40% of americans believe earth is 10,000 years old"

and page after page of sites referring to that poll came up with lots of links to the poll itself. Instead, you slandered someone's integrity. I understand this is pretty expected behavior for the right, but why don't you guys ever explain the "motivation"?

40% of Americans Still Believe in Creationism | Religion Dispatches

A small minority of Americans hold the “secular evolution” view that humans evolved with no influence from God—but the number has risen from 9% in 1982 to 16% today. At the same time, the 40% of Americans who hold the “creationist” view that God created humans as is 10,000 years ago is the lowest in Gallup’s history of asking this question, and down from a high point of 47% in 1993 and 1999. There has been little change over the years in the percentage holding the “theistic evolution” view that humans evolved under God’s guidance.

New Gallup poll.
Americans sure are dubasses, ignorant and robots.

I can provide a link that Elvis is alive and serving waffles in Hahira, Ga.
Who provides a link that contradicts or offers a different opinion than their own?
Links are all biased.

Hardly. They only seem biased if they are contrary to your personal position.
If you post a link that showing seashells on mountaintops because of plate techtonics, then is that link "biased" or do you believe the seashells got there from "Noah's Flood"?

fossils.jpg

I can provide a link that Elvis is alive and serving waffles in Hahira, Ga.
Who provides a link that contradicts or offers a different opinion than their own?
Links are all biased.

Hardly. They only seem biased if they are contrary to your personal position.
If you post a link that showing seashells on mountaintops because of plate techtonics, then is that link "biased" or do you believe the seashells got there from "Noah's Flood"?

fossils.jpg

If we were on the seashells board then you would be exactly right.

All primitive species such as humans abandon their supersticious beliefs as they mature.

I wonder what formerly primitive species' superstitious beliefs you are comparing to humanity's? :eek:

Yes.

Like disease is caused by evil spirits?

We have mostly now gotten away from the multiple gods down to just one for each religion now.

It time that one will not be needed, if we make it that long.

Lol, did you miss the humor of your first statement? You said primitive species such as humans...which seems to say you think there are other species that have abandoned superstitious beliefs. I want to know which species those were! :lol:

Your faith in god does not seem to be as strong as you faith in you nerver being wrong ;)
Yes you are a stereotypical right wing Texican.

And you're a stereotypical left winger that assumes too much. Oh and it's Texan or Texian not Texican.

Ahh but you see I have spent quite a bit of time in TX and have relatives there.
I do understand Texicans.

As others on here can verify I am certainly not a stereotypical left winger.
So you are wrong again.

You're a left winger, so I'm not wrong.

Forum List

Back