40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

What else do they teach in 99% of the university science classes in America other than evolution that is not fact Lonestar?

I have no idea what junk science they teach in the unversities. But I do know that dating methods are flawed and shouldn't be relied on and I do know that scientist nit-pick their findings to fit their desired conclusion. It should be noted that I'm strictly speaking about the science in regards to dating methods and so-called evolution. Not all sciences are corrupt.

Faith is not the same as trust. When i go to get a shave i trust that the barber will not cut me, i dont sit there and pray that he wont cut me.

same thing with driving, i trust that the other drivers wont run into me. i dont pray that they dont run into me.

and actually 83% of american claim to be religious, 78% say they are Christian. but how many different faiths make up Christianity?

Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Pentecostal, Methodists.........
all of these different faiths pull from the bible. so which religion has the correct interpretation of the bible?

faith   /feɪθ/ Show Spelled
[feyth] Show IPA

–noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability. 2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
8. Christian Theology . the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.

Faith is not the same as trust. When i go to get a shave i trust that the barber will not cut me, i dont sit there and pray that he wont cut me.

same thing with driving, i trust that the other drivers wont run into me. i dont pray that they dont run into me.

and actually 83% of american claim to be religious, 78% say they are Christian. but how many different faiths make up Christianity?

Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Pentecostal, Methodists.........
all of these different faiths pull from the bible. so which religion has the correct interpretation of the bible?

[feyth] Show IPA

–noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability. 2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
8. Christian Theology . the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.

Trust - Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
2. Custody; care.
3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
4a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one: violated a public trust.
4 b. One in which confidence is placed.
5. Reliance on something in the future; hope.
6. Reliance on the intention and ability of a purchaser to pay in the future; credit.
7. Law
a. A legal title to property held by one party for the benefit of another.
b. The confidence reposed in a trustee when giving the trustee legal title to property to administer for another, together with the trustee's obligation regarding that property and the beneficiary.
c. The property so held.
8. A combination of firms or corporations for the purpose of reducing competition and controlling prices throughout a business or an industry.

Nope, dont see faith anywhere in the definition of trust. Faith may require trust, but trust does not require faith.

[feyth] Show IPA

–noun

Trust - Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
2. Custody; care.
3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
4a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one: violated a public trust.
4 b. One in which confidence is placed.
5. Reliance on something in the future; hope.
6. Reliance on the intention and ability of a purchaser to pay in the future; credit.
7. Law
a. A legal title to property held by one party for the benefit of another.
b. The confidence reposed in a trustee when giving the trustee legal title to property to administer for another, together with the trustee's obligation regarding that property and the beneficiary.
c. The property so held.
8. A combination of firms or corporations for the purpose of reducing competition and controlling prices throughout a business or an industry.

Nope, dont see faith anywhere in the definition of trust. Faith may require trust, but trust does not require faith.

—Synonyms
1. certainty, belief, faith. Trust, assurance, confidence imply a feeling of security. Trust implies instinctive unquestioning belief in and reliance upon something: to have trust in one's parents. Confidence implies conscious trust because of good reasons, definite evidence, or past experience: to have confidence in the outcome of events. Assurance implies absolute confidence and certainty: to feel an assurance of victory. 8. commitment, commission. 17. credit. 19. entrust.

Typical liberal, when you got nothing else, argue semantics.

—Synonyms
1. certainty, belief, faith. Trust, assurance, confidence imply a feeling of security. Trust implies instinctive unquestioning belief in and reliance upon something: to have trust in one's parents. Confidence implies conscious trust because of good reasons, definite evidence, or past experience: to have confidence in the outcome of events. Assurance implies absolute confidence and certainty: to feel an assurance of victory. 8. commitment, commission. 17. credit. 19. entrust.

you just fail to see that having trust does not require faith. but having faith requires trust. you have faith and you put all of your trust in believing something blindly.

i trust in facts and reasoning, not stories and myths. many atheists have trust in many things of life. we trust the constitution, the law, physics, medicine etc etc. we do not require faith to have trust in these ideas.

i trust what i can see, hear, smell, taste and feel. not what a book of unproven stories says. by that logic i should believe in wizards and dragons.

Last edited:
CommonSense...why do you waste your breath. Lonestar won't give in. We all know he's wrong.

This thread's outlived its usefulness.

i like pwning him. he just represents why debate based on fact is so difficult in the country. people do not understand reason and logic these days. they believe blindly in things unproven and false all the time.

—Synonyms

you just fail to see that having trust does not require faith. but having faith requires trust. you have faith and you put all of your trust in believing something blindly.

i trust in facts and reasoning, not stories and myths. many atheists have trust in many things of life. we trust the constitution, the law, physics, medicine etc etc. we do not require faith to have trust in these ideas.

i trust what i can see, hear, smell, taste and feel. not what a book of unproven stories says. by that logic i should believe in wizards and dragons.

You fail to understand that trust and faith are synonymous with each other.

What else do they teach in 99% of the university science classes in America other than evolution that is not fact Lonestar?

I have no idea what junk science they teach in the unversities. But I do know that dating methods are flawed and shouldn't be relied on and I do know that scientist nit-pick their findings to fit their desired conclusion. It should be noted that I'm strictly speaking about the science in regards to dating methods and so-called evolution. Not all sciences are corrupt.

"I have no idea"
"But I do know"
Respectfully Lonestar, you are closed minded.

—Synonyms

i dont fail to see this, i disagree that you need faith in order to have trust. do i need faith to show that 1 + 1 = 2? or do i trust through science and reasoning that 1 + 1=2?

"I have no idea"
"But I do know"

Why? Because I don't believe in the evolution of man? Or because I know that the dating methods are flawed? To paraphrase Blaise Pascal, " God either exists or he does not. If we believe in God and he exists, we will be rewarded with eternal bliss in heaven. If we believe in God and he does not exist then at worst all we have forgone is a few sinful pleasures.". By the same token if we do not believe in God and he does exist we may enjoy a few sinful pleasures, but we may face eternal damnation. If we do not believe in God and he does not exist then our sins will not be punished.

"I have no idea"
"But I do know"

Why? Because I don't believe in the evolution of man? Or because I know that the dating methods are flawed? To paraphrase Blaise Pascal, " God either exists or he does not. If we believe in God and he exists, we will be rewarded with eternal bliss in heaven. If we believe in God and he does not exist then at worst all we have forgone is a few sinful pleasures.". By the same token if we do not believe in God and he does exist we may enjoy a few sinful pleasures, but we may face eternal damnation. If we do not believe in God and he does not exist then our sins will not be punished.

can you prove heaven or hell exists?

i dont fail to see this, i disagree that you need faith in order to have trust. do i need faith to show that 1 + 1 = 2? or do i trust through science and reasoning that 1 + 1=2?

Faith and trust are synonymous, but I'll concede that it depends on the context of the two words.

"I have no idea"
"But I do know"

I don't really need proof, I have faith.

I don't really need proof, I have faith.

and what is the definition of faith again?

oh that right, that which can not be proven. thank you.

you simply believe in things that can not be proven. so since faith can not be proven, how can creationism be proven?

You dont seem to grasp logic, which is weird for someone who named themselves logical4u...but whatever.

This isn't a fight between faiths...its one person believing what a religious text and the people who teach the text say...and people who believe in repeatable phenomena. That's it. End of story.

You want to believe shit you haven't seen or that no one can prove. We believe shit that people can reproduce and have peer-tested.

Believe the hocus pocus...but science isn't a religion.

If you believe scientists versions of evolution and creation, it is you (also) that "believe shit you haven't seen or that no one can prove". There is no concrete proof of how, when and why creation happened. As for evolution: there is no "proof" only conjecture.

Why is it that you want to "believe" science and you consider yourself to be wiser than those that "believe" the Creator? You accuse me of being illogical, but yet you, "believe" without real evidence, without real proof, "a story". I do not accuse you of being less intelligent or "superstitious" for believing what you have been "told", not what can be proven by scientific experiment or witnesses. Your "story" that you "believe" just happens to be different from "the story" that I "believe.
Why is it that we are preached about having diversity, but if you disagree with the "liberal" school of thought, that is not celebrated as diversity, but something to be ridiculed?

If the Lord created "Light", and it took a very, very long time and that was "HIS" first day. HIS second day would have been similar in length, the time it took HIM to make the heavens and the earth (a very, very long time), etc, etc, etc. I am trying to point out to you that if "you" had an open mind, you might see the two are compatible for the creation of the earth.
I get that you want to put "your" faith in science. It is okay if you want it to be your religion. Judgement day, you will have more answers than you are ready to know. You cannot convince me that "scientists" know more than the Creator. You can try if you want to, but there are to many things that science cannot answer to give them any credibility for being "wise".

what if you do not believe that god created the light? and the the universe created itself? there is more overwhelming evidence of the big bang, than of creationism.

again, when does "time" start? at the moment you believe god created light? or when you believe that god created man? no matter which time that you choose, you need to have a reference point with which to start. religious scholars point out that bible suggests that the earth was created approx. 6,000 years ago. what other evidence besides the bible points to this conclusion?

youre too ignorant to look at anything outside of your religion that points to your beliefs being false. this in essence is faith. you believe in something blindly without ever questioning it.

science is not my or a religion. is a process of determining the truth objectively. if science proved that the earth was only 10,000 years old, i would accept that based on the evidence. if you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that something exists, or has existed then you pass the scientific process. (remember its not called the religious process, there is not a set series of tests that something must pass to be determined to be religiously true)

What caused the big bang?

"determining the truth objectively" would take into consideration all possibilities.

You do not believe in the Creator. That is okay. I do not believe that science has the answers for creation or "evolution" at this point. There may come a time, when there is a lot more evidence that can "prove" how the earth was formed. At this time, it is not there. I am using my "open mind" to see other possibilities.
Because someone has a "bad answer" does not mean that you have to accept that as the only solution. You learn it, you observe and draw conclusions for yourself. You want to accept that there is "just" science, I get it.

Forum List

Back