🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

You dont seem to grasp logic, which is weird for someone who named themselves logical4u...but whatever.

This isn't a fight between faiths...its one person believing what a religious text and the people who teach the text say...and people who believe in repeatable phenomena. That's it. End of story.

You want to believe shit you haven't seen or that no one can prove. We believe shit that people can reproduce and have peer-tested.

Believe the hocus pocus...but science isn't a religion.

If you believe scientists versions of evolution and creation, it is you (also) that "believe shit you haven't seen or that no one can prove". There is no concrete proof of how, when and why creation happened. As for evolution: there is no "proof" only conjecture.

Why is it that you want to "believe" science and you consider yourself to be wiser than those that "believe" the Creator? You accuse me of being illogical, but yet you, "believe" without real evidence, without real proof, "a story". I do not accuse you of being less intelligent or "superstitious" for believing what you have been "told", not what can be proven by scientific experiment or witnesses. Your "story" that you "believe" just happens to be different from "the story" that I "believe.
Why is it that we are preached about having diversity, but if you disagree with the "liberal" school of thought, that is not celebrated as diversity, but something to be ridiculed?

1 - science has no basis for creation
2 - just because you have only some of the pieces to the puzzle, does not mean that you can not make logic assumptions based on facts and evidence. things such DNA that show much of the common genome allow scientists to prove that humans and chimpanzees share 97.5% of the same genetic make up.
3 - there is a process of steps to be taken when you have a theory, in which you test that theory. does religion have the same process by which they are to test a theory? can you apply this creationism?
4 - can we use the scientific process to test events from the bible? when an event from the bible is shown to be false does that not cause reason for suspicion?
5 - science has never claimed or will it ever claim to know everything all at once. it is an ever changing process. religion on the other is not suppose to be question, as it is the world of god.
6 - science is not a story, the bible is a story.
7 - scientists work independently and come to the same conclusions with different methods. can the same be said about religion?

You dont seem to grasp logic, which is weird for someone who named themselves logical4u...but whatever.

This isn't a fight between faiths...its one person believing what a religious text and the people who teach the text say...and people who believe in repeatable phenomena. That's it. End of story.

You want to believe shit you haven't seen or that no one can prove. We believe shit that people can reproduce and have peer-tested.

Believe the hocus pocus...but science isn't a religion.

If you believe scientists versions of evolution and creation, it is you (also) that "believe shit you haven't seen or that no one can prove". There is no concrete proof of how, when and why creation happened. As for evolution: there is no "proof" only conjecture.

Why is it that you want to "believe" science and you consider yourself to be wiser than those that "believe" the Creator? You accuse me of being illogical, but yet you, "believe" without real evidence, without real proof, "a story". I do not accuse you of being less intelligent or "superstitious" for believing what you have been "told", not what can be proven by scientific experiment or witnesses. Your "story" that you "believe" just happens to be different from "the story" that I "believe.
Why is it that we are preached about having diversity, but if you disagree with the "liberal" school of thought, that is not celebrated as diversity, but something to be ridiculed?

1 - science has no basis for creation
2 - just because you have only some of the pieces to the puzzle, does not mean that you can not make logic assumptions based on facts and evidence. things such DNA that show much of the common genome allow scientists to prove that humans and chimpanzees share 97.5% of the same genetic make up.
3 - there is a process of steps to be taken when you have a theory, in which you test that theory. does religion have the same process by which they are to test a theory? can you apply this creationism?
4 - can we use the scientific process to test events from the bible? when an event from the bible is shown to be false does that not cause reason for suspicion?
5 - science has never claimed or will it ever claim to know everything all at once. it is an ever changing process. religion on the other is not suppose to be question, as it is the world of god.
6 - science is not a story, the bible is a story.
7 - scientists work independently and come to the same conclusions with different methods. can the same be said about religion?

Science's versions of "creation" and "evolution" are stories. There are no witnesses to document what happened in the formation of the light, plantnets, earth, oceans, fresh water, etc. There are no witnesses that documented one animal slowly changing into another animal. There is not enough evidence documented to this day that gives the full picture for fossils and sediments. That would make it "a story".

"Assumptions" are not facts, nor evidence, they are "stories" of the human mind.

You might want to read "Enoch". The fallen angels thought they were really smart, and started to claim "glory" for themselves (thru knowledge). When the Lord sent Enoch to tell them their fate, the Lord also gave them a message: you thought you were intelligent because you learned my secrets, but I did not let you know ALL my secrets. And then, after that, the really bad stuff started happening to them.

My faith allows me to accept that I cannot know everything. I am very comfortable knowing that the Lord has the weather and the climate under control. I have no problem learning about the little physical things with science: electricity, light, sound, force, etc. I am under no feelings of grandure to tell others to believe as I believe.

This thread was started with the basic question of why people believe the Bible. I answered it to the best of my ability. I believe, that you also, have answered the "science questions" to the best of your ability. IMHO, I see equally vague answers to to events that happened before there was written history. You believe that scientists explain it well. I believe that the Lord explained it well. Isn't that what you call diversity?

Science's versions of "creation" and "evolution" are stories. There are no witnesses to document what happened in the formation of the light, plantnets, earth, oceans, fresh water, etc. There are no witnesses that documented one animal slowly changing into another animal. There is not enough evidence documented to this day that gives the full picture for fossils and sediments. That would make it "a story".

"Assumptions" are not facts, nor evidence, they are "stories" of the human mind. :lol::lol::lol:

You might want to read "Enoch". The fallen angels thought they were really smart, and started to claim "glory" for themselves (thru knowledge). When the Lord sent Enoch to tell them their fate, the Lord also gave them a message: you thought you were intelligent because you learned my secrets, but I did not let you know ALL my secrets. And then, after that, the really bad stuff started happening to them.

My faith allows me to accept that I cannot know everything. I am very comfortable knowing that the Lord has the weather and the climate under control. I have no problem learning about the little physical things with science: electricity, light, sound, force, etc. I am under no feelings of grandure to tell others to believe as I believe.

This thread was started with the basic question of why people believe the Bible. I answered it to the best of my ability. I believe, that you also, have answered the "science questions" to the best of your ability. IMHO, I see equally vague answers to to events that happened before there was written history. You believe that scientists explain it well. I believe that the Lord explained it well. Isn't that what you call diversity?

science does not claim creation, that is simply a bible story. and science does not create stories, science exists to find answers through an objective process.

assumptions that can be tested and proven then do not become assumptions anymore. they are not "stories" that were written down thousands of years ago and interpreted to be fact. that might be the funniest thing ive heard in years.

weather is not caused by god. yet another ignorant line. maybe you should read up on what causes different weather patterns before you look even dumber on this board. NASA - Weather

and yes you have answered that you believe blindly in that which can not be proven. you believe in the stories written by man. why is your version of the bible the only one that should be taught? why do we have Buddhism? Judaism? Islam? the book of Mormon? Scientology? what about the ancient Aztecs? or the Trojans? or the Sumerians? they all believe in a different god(s).

why would i want to read a story that is not and can not be proven to be true and believe it?

why not read The collection of Sanskrit Hymns which form the Hindu religious text Rig-Veda describes astronomical occurrences with a very high degree of accuracy that have been dated earlier than 4000BC (Playfair, 1790). and believe that this is any truer than the bible? and how do you know that the bible is true? have you seen the original from which all copies are made? do you know of any other books the verify the events of the bible? how do you know that the devil didnt write the bible to confuse you?

The two of you...with all your huffing and puffing...still havent proven your faith to be more valid in answering life's questions. In fact, Lonestupid said he/she doesn't need proof, since he/she has faith.

Game.Set.Match.

The op was posting how stupid people who believe that the Earth is less than 10k or 5k years are. You disagree...and have no proof that it's any different than scientists claim it is.

End of story. Q.E.D.

at least im not from texas. that would be retarded

If you were from Texas you wouldn't be near as fucking stupid.

Texas is a global economic powerhouse, forging an economy that, if it stood alone, would be the 12th largest in the world. The Lone Star state has one of the lowest tax burdens in the United States, including no personal income tax. Numbering nearly 25 million residents and an 11.5 million-member civilian workforce that is second-largest in the nation, Texas is home to 64 Fortune 500 corporate headquarters, the most in the nation. The cost of living composite index for most metro areas in Texas is lower than the national average, and the state boasts more than 800 golf courses, 600 miles of coastline, 19 wildlife refuges, 13 national parks and 123 state parks, historic sites and natural areas.

Forbes magazine's Chief Executive ranked the state as No. 1 in its list of the Best States for Business in 2010. Forbes magazine also placed Texas at No. 1 in its list of growth prospects. What's more, the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council recently ranked Texas at No. 3 in its list of the most entrepreneurial-friendly states.

"Our state offers companies an unparalleled competitive edge, with the lowest per capita tax rates in the nation, no personal income tax, close proximity to strategic markets, cutting-edge infrastructure, excellent schools and a skilled workforce,"
~Gov. Rick Perry~

"Assumptions" are not facts, nor evidence, they are "stories" of the human mind. :lol::lol::lol:

science does not claim creation, that is simply a bible story. and science does not create stories, science exists to find answers through an objective process.

assumptions that can be tested and proven then do not become assumptions anymore. they are not "stories" that were written down thousands of years ago and interpreted to be fact. that might be the funniest thing ive heard in years.

weather is not caused by god. yet another ignorant line. maybe you should read up on what causes different weather patterns before you look even dumber on this board. NASA - Weather

and yes you have answered that you believe blindly in that which can not be proven. you believe in the stories written by man. why is your version of the bible the only one that should be taught? why do we have Buddhism? Judaism? Islam? the book of Mormon? Scientology? what about the ancient Aztecs? or the Trojans? or the Sumerians? they all believe in a different god(s).

why would i want to read a story that is not and can not be proven to be true and believe it?

why not read The collection of Sanskrit Hymns which form the Hindu religious text Rig-Veda describes astronomical occurrences with a very high degree of accuracy that have been dated earlier than 4000BC (Playfair, 1790). and believe that this is any truer than the bible? and how do you know that the bible is true? have you seen the original from which all copies are made? do you know of any other books the verify the events of the bible? how do you know that the devil didnt write the bible to confuse you?

Where did I say any of those were wrong? Where did I say that "my" version of the Bible should be taught? When did I suggest that you should take "my faith", and believe it?

Apparently, you have no appreciation for honesty. Why would I want to discuss the history of those other faiths when I have not studied them? I know they exist and have followers, and "spiritually", I have no problem with any of them. This thread asked people what they believe. I told you, and now, still, you want to lecture me on my beliefs? Isn't that bigoted and ridgid? I thought you supported diversity? Are you trying to force "your religion" (science) on me? I find that very narrow-minded.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rick Perry is an idiot.

this is the same douche bag who wanted to let the banking system fail, and let states opt out of social security. he has also been quoted as saying that Texas can leave the union any time it wants. hahahaha

heres another great Perry quote:

"From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented." —Texas Gov. Rick Perry, May 3, 2010

yup, that oil spill was an act of god alright.

heres even more dumb shit that goes on in your beloved texas:

The Texas Constitution
Article 1 - BILL OF RIGHTS
Section 4 - RELIGIOUS TESTS
No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.

It is illegal to drive a motor car down Broadway before noon on Sundays.

No person shall inhale fumes from model glue.

It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday.

Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday.

It is illegal to drive within an arm’s length of alcohol – including alcohol in someone else’s blood stream.

It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts.

It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.

Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.

Where did I say any of those were wrong? Where did I say that "my" version of the Bible should be taught? When did I suggest that you should take "my faith", and believe it?

Apparently, you have no appreciation for honesty. Why would I want to discuss the history of those other faiths when I have not studied them? I know they exist and have followers, and "spiritually", I have no problem with any of them. This thread asked people what they believe. I told you, and now, still, you want to lecture me on my beliefs? Isn't that bigoted and ridgid? I thought you supported diversity? Are you trying to force "your religion" (science) on me? I find that very narrow-minded.

answer me this.... how can there be more than one version of the word of god?

How many languages are there? How many cultures are there? That's how many versions there can be.

That's an easy one. People all over the world have made up such magical beings and their strange sayings. The one good thing about "supernatural" beings is they are all created "equal". None are more "real" than any other. They all have "equal" evidence proving "existence".

No there were no dinosuars on the ark.

There was too. There's even pictures.

dsc_00801.jpg

3070456216_3df602e049.jpg

and fossils:

slab.jpg

Most Sunday school classes in southern Baptist churches teach that man walked with dinosaurs.
And they support that being taught inscience class as "an alternative view".
How many here would object to that if that was taught at the university level?
One only has to read the Dover case to see how absurd the creation argument is in science class. I
I believe in God but there is no evidence we were made in some image of an imaginary man in the sky.

When people see this stuff, they feel their beliefs are being misrepresented. But these ARE visuals of those beliefs. That "fossil" picture is hilarious.

How many languages are there? How many cultures are there? That's how many versions there can be.

ok, so you agree that the bible can thus be interpreted any way the user chooses.

then why do we always heard that the word of god is unquestionable? if one has the ability to interpret the word of god any way he or she chooses, then how can the word of god be unquestionable?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rick Perry is an idiot.

this is the same douche bag who wanted to let the banking system fail, and let states opt out of social security. he has also been quoted as saying that Texas can leave the union any time it wants. hahahaha

heres another great Perry quote:

"From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented." —Texas Gov. Rick Perry, May 3, 2010

yup, that oil spill was an act of god alright.

heres even more dumb shit that goes on in your beloved texas:

The Texas Constitution
Article 1 - BILL OF RIGHTS
Section 4 - RELIGIOUS TESTS
No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.

It is illegal to drive a motor car down Broadway before noon on Sundays.

No person shall inhale fumes from model glue.

It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday.

Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday.

It is illegal to drive within an arm’s length of alcohol – including alcohol in someone else’s blood stream.

It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts.

It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.

Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.

That's all you got out of that? Rick Perry is an idiot? Well the idiot just won an unprecedented third term.

FTR here's Texas' State Constitution (Bill of Rights) and it should be noted that several state constitutions do have a religious test .

Now show me the laws you described in the Texas Penal Code.

I'll wait.

Last edited:
More Perry problems:

Big Texas Deficit Puts Governor in Tight Spot
Texas as a $20 billion shortfall. ooops

Budget Woes Cloud Texas Governor's Re-Election - WSJ.com

Texas has a total state debt of $81,128,512,515 when calculated by adding the total of outstanding debt, pension and OPEB UAAL’s, unemployment trust funds and the 2010 budget gap as of July 2010
Texas state budget - Sunshine Review

Your messiah Perry has also doubled the state debt since taking office
PolitiFact Texas | White says Texas debt has doubled under Perry

and hes a wasteful spender
Gov Rick Perry's Way to Increase Texas Debt - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

and exactly, states shouldnt have a religious test to hold public office. hence the separation between the church and the state. (exactly why this is a retarded law)

you also think homosexuality is a misdemeanor, and thinks that people can control the weather. yup youre definitely at the forefront here.

ok, so you agree that the bible can thus be interpreted any way the user chooses.

then why do we always heard that the word of god is unquestionable? if one has the ability to interpret the word of god any way he or she chooses, then how can the word of god be unquestionable?

This is off-topic. I will give you my opinion. The "word" of the Lord was set down by the ancients that lived in fear of the Lord. That "word" was interpreted into other languages or cultures using terms that could be understood by those. In time, those that had no fear of the Lord or hated Him manipulated the "word" to trick people (I believe evil beings actually appeared to some saying they were angels or "the way" with different versions) away from the Lord. The Lord works in mysterious ways: He can use "different" versions to teach those that learn differently (kind of like different branches of Christianity), some people would refuse to learn if you showed them how "fearful" the wrathful Lord was when giving out earned punishments or would have no respect of the might of Yeshua if only the Being of Love and Kindness was taught from the NT.
The "actual Word" of the Lord is unquestionable. That "Word" is Yeshua. That is not saying that you cannot ask questions, it is just His presentation is truth. The "written" word can be changed. The "Word" you is what you feel in your heart (the Word that comes thru prayer and meditation or contemplation is from the Holy Spirit, sent from Yeshua), and THAT "word" is unquestionalbe.
The above statement is not to be confused with the Jim Jones or Charles Manson types. It is very much about the individual relationship with the Lord and does not involve other people. If the voices are telling you to hurt someone, chances are, that is NOT the Lord.

heres the rest:

20.003. Weather Modification and Control Grant Program
The department shall develop and administer a program awarding matching grants to political subdivisions of this state for weather modification and control.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 376, � 2.01, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.

CHAPTER 43. PUBLIC INDECENCY
SUBCHAPTER B. OBSCENITY
(f) A person who possesses six or more obscene devices or identical or similar obscene articles is presumed to possess them with intent to promote the same.

21.06. Homosexual Conduct
(a) A person commits an offense if he engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another individual of the same sex.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.

Sec. 24-2. Model glue.
(a) As used in this section the term "model glue" shall mean any glue or cement of the type commonly used in the building of model airplanes, boats, and automobiles, containing toluene, acetone, or other solvent or chemical having the property of releasing toxic vapors.
(b) No person shall, for the purpose of causing a condition of intoxication, euphoria, excitement, exhilaration, stupefaction, or dulling of the senses or nervous system, intentionally smell or inhale the fumes from any model glue.
(c) The provisions of subsection (b) shall not apply to the inhalation of any anesthesia for medical or dental purposes, if such inhalation is caused by or administered by any licensed doctor, physician, dentist, anesthesiologist, or other licensed person engaging in the medical or dental profession.

This is off-topic. I will give you my opinion. The "word" of the Lord was set down by the ancients that lived in fear of the Lord. That "word" was interpreted into other languages or cultures using terms that could be understood by those. In time, those that had no fear of the Lord or hated Him manipulated the "word" to trick people (I believe evil beings actually appeared to some saying they were angels or "the way" with different versions) away from the Lord. The Lord works in mysterious ways: He can use "different" versions to teach those that learn differently (kind of like different branches of Christianity), some people would refuse to learn if you showed them how "fearful" the wrathful Lord was when giving out earned punishments or would have no respect of the might of Yeshua if only the Being of Love and Kindness was taught from the NT.
The "actual Word" of the Lord is unquestionable. That "Word" is Yeshua. That is not saying that you cannot ask questions, it is just His presentation is truth. The "written" word can be changed. The "Word" you is what you feel in your heart (the Word that comes thru prayer and meditation or contemplation is from the Holy Spirit, sent from Yeshua), and THAT "word" is unquestionalbe.
The above statement is not to be confused with the Jim Jones or Charles Manson types. It is very much about the individual relationship with the Lord and does not involve other people. If the voices are telling you to hurt someone, chances are, that is NOT the Lord.

:cuckoo:

that makes no sense. you say that the "word" of the lord in unquestionable, but at the same time you make the argument that it is questionable. you then go on to say that the word of the lord is "Yesha" which is just another name for Jesus. so by that reasoning, the word of the lord is the name Jesus. but the rest of the bible is not the word of the lord and is up for interpretation.

now im confused.

so if the bible is up for interpretation, how can you justify believing anything in the bible as the exact truth? there is noo evidence to prove that bible is exactly how things occurred in history. so i have thus provided holes in your argument to allow for speculation. if you allow for speculation that the bible is not the word of god, you must allow for speculation in its writings.

:cuckoo:

that makes no sense. you say that the "word" of the lord in unquestionable, but at the same time you make the argument that it is questionable. you then go on to say that the word of the lord is "Yesha" which is just another name for Jesus. so by that reasoning, the word of the lord is the name Jesus. but the rest of the bible is not the word of the lord and is up for interpretation.

now im confused.

so if the bible is up for interpretation, how can you justify believing anything in the bible as the exact truth? there is noo evidence to prove that bible is exactly how things occurred in history. so i have thus provided holes in your argument to allow for speculation. if you allow for speculation that the bible is not the word of god, you must allow for speculation in its writings.

I never said the Bible was "exact truth". It is a book of growth. There are many lessons for those that would learn them.
I said as far as "creation" went that I would take the Lord's story for it over science's story. The rest of the Bible is lessons. Learn them if you will. If you want the "exact" truth, you will have to pray and ask for it (sometimes the answer is no). I believe that the parts of the Bible that relay conversations with the Lord are "fairly" accurate. It seems that any pieces of documentation from early histories support what is recorded. When it comes to the prophets, names can be the same or confused, but the lesson is what is important. It will help you become a better person.
There are holes in the history in the Bible. Some are recorded as what happened: Hebrews went to Egypt because they believed that men would help them more than the Lord would (didn't work to well, they became the Egyptians slaves) or when many of the Hebrew were taken into slavery by powerful kings in the area (because they did not obey the Lord). The Hebrews probably had one of the most accurate histories for that time period, but there were problems. What does science have from then (other that from archeology)?

Forum List

Back