🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

I believe the dating methods are flawed and you're wrong to trust them. The Bible has shown to be historically accurate time after time whereas carbon dating has shown to be flawed time after time. Hell they carbon dated a freshly killed seal and said it was 1,300 years old and they dated live mollusk as being dead for 23,000 years.

Some things you just "know". For instance, we ALL know there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark.

No there were no dinosuars on the ark.

There was too. There's even pictures.

dsc_00801.jpg

3070456216_3df602e049.jpg

and fossils:

slab.jpg

40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

50% of Americans have TWO DIGIT IQs.

I like to think of those people as the bottom half of the IQ population that makes the top half possible.'

No...you're thinking that you've proven something. That's the same as asking us to believe.

Faith, by definition, is unproven. You lose.

Wrong stupid, faith is the belief in something without proof.

faith   /feɪθ/ Show Spelled
[feyth] Show IPA

–noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
8. Christian Theology . the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.
—Idiom
9. in faith, in truth; indeed: In faith, he is a fine lad.

Wow. You're utterly retarded.

you just demonstrated that I was correct...by giving me the definition...wait for it....that I SAID.

Faith is belief in the unproven. THANKS GENIUS!!!

You keep asserting things as true...things that you have faith in.

Assertion based on faith = assertion based on something unproven

you're asserting these things as true...over and ABOVE what science has demonstrated and recorded and observed.

you're a complete moron really.

No...you're thinking that you've proven something. That's the same as asking us to believe.

[feyth] Show IPA

–noun
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
8. Christian Theology . the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.
—Idiom

Wow. You're utterly retarded.

you just demonstrated that I was correct...by giving me the definition...wait for it....that I SAID.

Faith is belief in the unproven. THANKS GENIUS!!!

You keep asserting things as true...things that you have faith in.

Assertion based on faith = assertion based on something unproven

you're asserting these things as true...over and ABOVE what science has demonstrated and recorded and observed.

you're a complete moron really.

No you said faith by definition is unproven. That's not the same as saying that faith is believing in something not proven, you stupid fuck.

Science has demonstrated that dating methods are flawed. Period.

Two things...

1. you misunderstood, you knob-gobber... I wasn't substituting the word faith as a synonym for unproven. I wasn't defining faith = unproven... I was saying that faith IS unproven. Try to exercise a brain cell.

2. you just used one part of science to (attempt) to disprove another. Thanks for losing.

Repeatable phenomena? Can you repeat evolution? Can you turn one species into another species? I mean after all that's basically what evolutionist want you to believe. Tell me how can you know how old a rock is without anything to compare it with like a known sample? Ah... you have to rely on science and dating methods of which we all know is a flawed science.

you can not "repeat" evolution, but you can observe and record evolution.
Macro-evolution observed in the laboratory | Digital Bits Skeptic
"Indeed, it’s hard to simulate our planet’s biodiversity in a laboratory, because all laboratories are much smaller than the planet and have been operating for a far shorter period of time. Nevertheless, we can now say that macro-evolution has been observed in the laboratory under carefully controlled conditions, and that the results can be replicated. The results are described in a paper published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences titled Historical contingency and the evolution of a key innovation in an experimental population of Escherichia coli.
In 1988, scientists at Michigan State University created twelve population lines of E. coli so that they could watch them evolve. Since then, the bacteria have been growing under carefully controlled conditions in a culture containing low concentrations of glucose and high concentrations of citrate. Under oxic conditions (that is, when oxygen is present), E. coli cannot grow on citrate and “that inability has long been viewed as a defining characteristic of this important, diverse, and widespread species.” Many traits were observed changing over time. Creationists dismissed these changes as micro-evolution. For over 30,000 generations, the E. coli in the experiment did not evolve the ability to grow on citrate. Finally, one of the populations evolved, and gained this ability."

Bacteria? You're mutating bacteria and claiming evolution? Now that's funny.

what is the definition of evolution?

Evolution - a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage). In biology, evolution is the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations. When a population splits into smaller groups, these groups evolve independently and develop into new species

by this definition, the bacteria has evolved to survive in a condition that it previously had not. it doesnt matter if it is bacteria, or plant life, or animals of humans. evolution does not land solely on humans. you latest comment on this matter shows your lack if knowledge when it comes to science.

[feyth] Show IPA

–noun
—Idiom

haha just read the bolded part. :clap2:

Two things...

1. you misunderstood, you knob-gobber... I wasn't substituting the word faith as a synonym for unproven. I wasn't defining faith = unproven... I was saying that faith IS unproven. Try to exercise a brain cell.

2. you just used one part of science to (attempt) to disprove another. Thanks for losing.

I have faith, now prove that I don't! You see, faith is real and there is proof of it all around you, you stupid fuck

you can not "repeat" evolution, but you can observe and record evolution.
Macro-evolution observed in the laboratory | Digital Bits Skeptic
"Indeed, it’s hard to simulate our planet’s biodiversity in a laboratory, because all laboratories are much smaller than the planet and have been operating for a far shorter period of time. Nevertheless, we can now say that macro-evolution has been observed in the laboratory under carefully controlled conditions, and that the results can be replicated. The results are described in a paper published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences titled Historical contingency and the evolution of a key innovation in an experimental population of Escherichia coli.
In 1988, scientists at Michigan State University created twelve population lines of E. coli so that they could watch them evolve. Since then, the bacteria have been growing under carefully controlled conditions in a culture containing low concentrations of glucose and high concentrations of citrate. Under oxic conditions (that is, when oxygen is present), E. coli cannot grow on citrate and “that inability has long been viewed as a defining characteristic of this important, diverse, and widespread species.” Many traits were observed changing over time. Creationists dismissed these changes as micro-evolution. For over 30,000 generations, the E. coli in the experiment did not evolve the ability to grow on citrate. Finally, one of the populations evolved, and gained this ability."

Evolution - a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage). In biology, evolution is the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations. When a population splits into smaller groups, these groups evolve independently and develop into new species

by this definition, the bacteria has evolved to survive in a condition that it previously had not. it doesnt matter if it is bacteria, or plant life, or animals of humans. evolution does not land solely on humans. you latest comment on this matter shows your lack if knowledge when it comes to science.

Oh brother, so since you can mutate bacteria you think that's proof that man evolved from some single cell organism. :cuckoo:

That's quite a stretch.

Show me one instance where one species evolved into another.

[feyth] Show IPA

–noun
—Idiom

haha just read the bolded part. :clap2:

haha but that's not what the idiot said.

Two things...

I have faith, now prove that I don't! You see, faith is real and there is proof of it all around you, you stupid fuck

Wow you really are a complete douche-tool, aren't you?

1. Congrats on being Christian with insults like "stupid fuck". That's very, very Christ-like
2. Thanks for not making even one bit of sense
3. Awesome job side-stepping all the actual debate and not answering even one of the points made against you
4. Why are you shifting focus to me proving you don't have faith? That's not what we were talking about...I simply said faith is unproven...and you agreed with me. Now somehow mystically we've changed to proving you have faith? Retardoland, we have another customer.

On every level you've failed here.

Getting back to somewhere within the same state as the original post...this country has always been made up of religious types in the minority. That may change over time, but who knows. Religion has lasted this long.

I think the progression (ooh he's progressive!) of time will bring more acceptance of science and root out such misconceptions as the ones we've been discussing. In the meantime, politically, I think you have to know your audience/electorate and stick to the real issues that matter.

Oh brother, so since you can mutate bacteria you think that's proof that man evolved from some single cell organism. :cuckoo:

That's quite a stretch.

you never asked for proof that man evolved from a single cell organism, you asked for proof of evolution. which i gave to you based on the scientific definition of evolution. if you dont like the answer, its too bad. the proof exists even if you fail to see it. evolution takes millions of years and required adaptation and mutation within a species.

"The researchers found that modern humans and Neanderthals shared 99.7% of their DNA, which was inherited from a common ancestor 400,000 years ago. Further analysis revealed that Neanderthals were more closely related to modern humans who left Africa than to the descendants of those who stayed. Between 1% and 4% of the DNA in modern Europeans, Asians and those as far afield as Papua New Guinea, was inherited from Neanderthals."
Neanderthals live on in DNA of humans | Science | The Guardian
Humans, Neanderthals share common ancestry, yet have nothing in common after evolutionary split of two species

by the same note Humans and Chimpanzees share 97.5% of the same DNA

at the same point, can you prove creationism actually happened? have they found adam and eve? what about other instances in the bible? have they found the ark? what about the spear of destiny? you ask for proof of evolution, i ask for proof of these events in the bible.

What else do they teach in 99% of the university science classes in America other than evolution that is not fact Lonestar?

Two things...

Wow you really are a complete douche-tool, aren't you?

1. Congrats on being Christian with insults like "stupid fuck". That's very, very Christ-like
2. Thanks for not making even one bit of sense
3. Awesome job side-stepping all the actual debate and not answering even one of the points made against you
4. Why are you shifting focus to me proving you don't have faith? That's not what we were talking about...I simply said faith is unproven...and you agreed with me. Now somehow mystically we've changed to proving you have faith? Retardoland, we have another customer.

On every level you've failed here.

Getting back to somewhere within the same state as the original post...this country has always been made up of religious types in the minority. That may change over time, but who knows. Religion has lasted this long.

I think the progression (ooh he's progressive!) of time will bring more acceptance of science and root out such misconceptions as the ones we've been discussing. In the meantime, politically, I think you have to know your audience/electorate and stick to the real issues that matter.

Spare me the self-righteous bullshit. Show me a commandment that says thou shall not cusseth or call idiots, stupid fucks. Faith isn't unproven, it is believing in things unproven, it's not the same dumbass.

You have yet to make a point. The fact is "faith" is real, you cannot go through your daily life without faith. For example, you go to the barber to get a shave, the barber has a razor blade and can at once cut your throat. But you have faith that he'll not do it.

As for religion, it will exist as long as man exist. With app. 80 percent of Americans identifying themselves as Christian, it could hardly be said that "this country has always been made up of religious types in the minority".

Some things you just "know". For instance, we ALL know there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark.

No there were no dinosuars on the ark.

There was too. There's even pictures.

dsc_00801.jpg

3070456216_3df602e049.jpg

and fossils:

slab.jpg

Most Sunday school classes in southern Baptist churches teach that man walked with dinosaurs.
And they support that being taught inscience class as "an alternative view".
How many here would object to that if that was taught at the university level?
One only has to read the Dover case to see how absurd the creation argument is in science class. I
I believe in God but there is no evidence we were made in some image of an imaginary man in the sky.

Faith is not the same as trust. When i go to get a shave i trust that the barber will not cut me, i dont sit there and pray that he wont cut me.

same thing with driving, i trust that the other drivers wont run into me. i dont pray that they dont run into me.

and actually 83% of american claim to be religious, 78% say they are Christian. but how many different faiths make up Christianity?

Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Pentecostal, Methodists.........
all of these different faiths pull from the bible. so which religion has the correct interpretation of the bible?

Faith is not the same as trust. When i go to get a shave i trust that the barber will not cut me, i dont sit there and pray that he wont cut me.

same thing with driving, i trust that the other drivers wont run into me. i dont pray that they dont run into me.

and actually 83% of american claim to be religious, 78% say they are Christian. but how many different faiths make up Christianity?

Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Pentecostal, Methodists.........
all of these different faiths pull from the bible. so which religion has the correct interpretation of the bible?

They all have the correct interpretation of the Bible. I respect everyone's interpretation. Might not agree with it but I respect it.
To suggest that one denomination knows better and another is wrong is what I see all the time though. That is not faith, that is rank arrogance.

That's quite a stretch.

you never asked for proof that man evolved from a single cell organism, you asked for proof of evolution. which i gave to you based on the scientific definition of evolution. if you dont like the answer, its too bad. the proof exists even if you fail to see it. evolution takes millions of years and required adaptation and mutation within a species.

"The researchers found that modern humans and Neanderthals shared 99.7% of their DNA, which was inherited from a common ancestor 400,000 years ago. Further analysis revealed that Neanderthals were more closely related to modern humans who left Africa than to the descendants of those who stayed. Between 1% and 4% of the DNA in modern Europeans, Asians and those as far afield as Papua New Guinea, was inherited from Neanderthals."
Neanderthals live on in DNA of humans | Science | The Guardian
Humans, Neanderthals share common ancestry, yet have nothing in common after evolutionary split of two species

by the same note Humans and Chimpanzees share 97.5% of the same DNA

at the same point, can you prove creationism actually happened? have they found adam and eve? what about other instances in the bible? have they found the ark? what about the spear of destiny? you ask for proof of evolution, i ask for proof of these events in the bible.

Yes and you failed to prove evolution. The example you gave with the bacteria is rather weak because at the end of the day it's still bacteria. Albeit it has adapted to certain living conditions but it didn't evolve into anything, it's still bacteria!

We share 25 percent of our DNA with daffodils, does that mean that we're 1/4 flowers?

They all have the correct interpretation of the Bible. I respect everyone's interpretation. Might not agree with it but I respect it.
To suggest that one denomination knows better and another is wrong is what I see all the time though. That is not faith, that is rank arrogance.

i never said that i didnt respect religious faith. i am simply looking for someone to say exactly as you have, that there is no "correct" interpretation of the bible. if there is no correct interpretation that is universally accepted, then there is room for speculation that creationism is false.

Forum List

Back