41% of children born to unmarried mothers!

And I bet the left sees no problem developing here...

Do we or can we maybe remember what morals are?

the left??? really???

how about the 'right'?

it seems to be an issue of poverty and lack of education.

you know, those things the right wants to cut funding for.

TEACH SEX ED... not ABSTINENCE ONLY. That might be a good start. Morals are for parents to teach and aren't the purview of government.

i love how that 'small government' thing matters unless it's to interfere in people's private lives.

God knows I do not want the Government teaching morals. What a mess we would have then.
Perhaps I should have said responsibility instead of morals.
There are many single parent homes out there that accept the responsibility, My own daughter raised her 2 children after a Divorce. (thankfully their father stayed involved in their lives) But that is responsibility, and that is what the right talks about, personal responsibility. And there isn't a thing wrong with that.

Is it coincidental that the whole of American society has deteriorated so much? I think not.

children born to unmarried mothers living in poverty or on low incomes is definitely a problem

children born to unmarried women who are successful and independent is nobodys business and I have no problem with it.

when unwed welfare mothers have children it is a problem for society

when murphy brown has a child it is NOT.

I agree.

I haven't a problem in the world with anyone being a single parent suppporting herself and her kids.

The problem for me starts if that single parent depends on the taxpayers of America to support her and her brood.

Thats a real problem for me. I don't like being made responsible for other peoples responsibilities.

These girls can walk into any family planing facility and get birth control in some cases for free.

If more of them were responsible this wouldn't be a problem in society.

Yes, I'm sure it is Bristol Palin that influences blacks and hispanics.

Is it coincidental that the whole of American society has deteriorated so much? I think not.

children born to unmarried mothers living in poverty or on low incomes is definitely a problem

children born to unmarried women who are successful and independent is nobodys business and I have no problem with it.

when unwed welfare mothers have children it is a problem for society

when murphy brown has a child it is NOT.

I agree.

I haven't a problem in the world with anyone being a single parent suppporting herself and her kids.

The problem for me starts if that single parent depends on the taxpayers of America to support her and her brood.

Thats a real problem for me. I don't like being made responsible for other peoples responsibilities.

These girls can walk into any family planing facility and get birth control in some cases for free.

If more of them were responsible this wouldn't be a problem in society.

I somewhat agree with you Claudette, however you missed a huge part of the equation imho, and that is that the guy screwing the woman can also get free rubbers for himself to prevent this from happening....50% of the problem is MEN not using protection, not just women.

also, I had read that back in the 1950's, 75% of all newlywed couples that had babies within the first year of marriage, delivered their babies WITHIN the FIRST 7 months of marriage.....

In other words, people were doing the "wild thing" before marriage back in the 1950's, just as they are doing now....ONLY the men, in the 1950's took responsibility for their actions and their children to be, by marrying the girl and giving their children a legitimate name.

Your right about the men Care.

The woman however has the right to say No.

Thats what more of them should be doing if their partner doesn't want to wear a condom.

"In 2009, 41% of children born in the USA were born to unmarried mothers (up from 5% a half-century ago). That includes 73% of on-Hispanic black children, 53% of Hispanic children and 29% of non-Hispanic white children. Those are not misprints."

Our view on kids: When unwed births hit 41%, it's just not right - USATODAY.com

There are many people who see nothing wrong with this. Look how the media glorifies "single mothers".

I don't have problem with single mothers, so long as they can afford to care and pay for it the rest of their lives.

I do have a HUGE problem with single parents who expect government hand outs for the care and feeding of their problem. Both parents should shoulder the cost and care of the baby.

What i do see as wrong with the single mother issue is that they continue to have more children over and above the one they already cant care for.

Maybe thats because marriage is a joke, better for the child to be with a single mother who is loving and caring instead of being with a couple that hate each other and fight all the time.

Maybe thats because marriage is a joke, better for the child to be with a single mother who is loving and caring instead of being with a couple that hate each other and fight all the time.

In that i agree with you. But my guess is that the offer of marriage in most of these cases is never offered.

In that i agree with you. But my guess is that the offer of marriage in most of these cases is never offered.

Nobody should be forced to get married because of a child, because most of the time those marriages end in disaster. Its not healthy for a child to grow up watching his parents fight every day.

Pretty much

Tank your smarter than that, marriage is a failure for everyone in this country across the board.

oops

hit THANKS when I meant to hit QUOTE

I think it's more complicated than just "a failure"

for SOME people marriage (or legal/binding commitments) is perfectly fine...

people in their 30's (or at least late 20's)
or 40's

who have sewn their wild oats
and have met someone they really and truely want to spend the rest of their lives with
(although many people have said that and believed it only to find out later that they were wrong)

teenagers and people in their early 20's (mostly) are making a big mistake when they make a LIFETIME commitment....

I have little doubt that, should one do the research, one would find that people who marry YOUNG tend to end up in divorces (generally messy)
while people who marry later in life tend to have lasting loving relationships

my personal belief is that people should just stay in relationships as long as they are happy (and in love?)
but when they are no longer happy
or in love
they should just end it (the relationship.....) and move on

no matter how happy I was in a relationship (or how much in love or devoted I was)
I would NOT want my mate/wife to stay with me if SHE was no longer happy or in love...

when it comes to relationships it takes two to tango

besides, if my wife/mate no longer loved me then it would be better for me to move on and find someone who was

bottom line; marriage forever and ever is probably NOT the best/most logical way for MOST people to live their lives

Pretty much

Tank your smarter than that, marriage is a failure for everyone in this country across the board.

oops

hit THANKS when I meant to hit QUOTE

I think it's more complicated than just "a failure"

for SOME people marriage (or legal/binding commitments) is perfectly fine...

people in their 30's (or at least late 20's)
or 40's

who have sewn their wild oats
and have met someone they really and truely want to spend the rest of their lives with
(although many people have said that and believed it only to find out later that they were wrong)

teenagers and people in their early 20's (mostly) are making a big mistake when they make a LIFETIME commitment....

I have little doubt that, should one do the research, one would find that people who marry YOUNG tend to end up in divorces (generally messy)
while people who marry later in life tend to have lasting loving relationships

my personal belief is that people should just stay in relationships as long as they are happy (and in love?)
but when they are no longer happy
or in love
they should just end it (the relationship.....) and move on

no matter how happy I was in a relationship (or how much in love or devoted I was)
I would NOT want my mate/wife to stay with me if SHE was no longer happy or in love...

when it comes to relationships it takes two to tango

besides, if my wife/mate no longer loved me then it would be better for me to move on and find someone who was

bottom line; marriage forever and ever is probably NOT the best/most logical way for MOST people to live their lives

Spot on.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nobody should be forced to get married because of a child, because most of the time those marriages end in disaster. Its not healthy for a child to grow up watching his parents fight every day.

I am not even suggesting they should be married. What i am saying is that i doubt seriously that an the idea of marriage never comes or offered up when the pregnancy occurs.

I agree that children should not be subjected to fighting parents.

Forum List

Back