49-State Analysis: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Premiums By Average Of 41%

So much for the claim that higher costs for some are balanced out by lower costs for others. We're all getting screwed, folks.

49-State Analysis: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Premiums By Average Of 41% - Forbes

One of the fundamental flaws of the Affordable Care Act is that, despite its name, it makes health insurance more expensive. Today, the Manhattan Institute released the most comprehensive analysis yet conducted of premiums under Obamacare for people who shop for coverage on their own. Here’s what we learned. In the average state, Obamacare will increase underlying premiums by 41 percent. As we have long expected, the steepest hikes will be imposed on the healthy, the young, and the male. And Obamacare’s taxpayer-funded subsidies will primarily benefit those nearing retirement—people who, unlike the young, have had their whole lives to save for their health-care needs.

Rate-map-3-27-40-67.png

Was there anything in the article about tax credits?

Right from the article:

As with our past work, we calculated an average of the five least-expensive plans in every county in a state pre-Obamacare, adjusted to take into account those with pre-existing conditions and other health problems. We then did the same calculation with the five least-expensive plans in every county in the Obamacare exchanges.

A methodology specifically designed to exaggerate the difference between pre- and post- ACA plans.

All such studies are bullshit.

Comparing a $50/month fake insurance policy that is virtually worthless in the event of real healthcare events to a more costly policy that will actually pay out 85% (on average) of what it collects in premiums is apples to oranges in the worst sense of the phrase.
The study compares all pre-Obamacare insurance policies against Obamacare policies, moron.

What evidence do you have for these so called "fake insurance policies?" So far I haven't seen any posted that they actually exist. It's just another lie the Obama fluffers made-up to protect their messiah from the wrath of his victims.

People are going to the exchanges and finding out that in fact they qualify for Medicaid, at a cost of nothing.

Are they averaging those in too?

what universe do you live in, there is a cost........ thats whats why this bill is failing and your party is running for cover....hello.....:rolleyes:

The study compares all pre-Obamacare insurance policies against Obamacare policies, moron.

What evidence do you have for these so called "fake insurance policies?" So far I haven't seen any posted that they actually exist. It's just another lie the Obama fluffers made-up to protect their messiah from the wrath of his victims.

People are going to the exchanges and finding out that in fact they qualify for Medicaid, at a cost of nothing.

what universe do you live in, there is a cost........ thats whats why this bill is failing and your party is running for cover....hello.....:rolleyes:

You're saying that a person who had an individual health insurance plan, pre-ACA, finds out with ACA that he is eligible for Medicaid,

doesn't save money?

Can you prove that?

You're saying that a person who had an individual health insurance plan, pre-ACA, finds out with ACA that he is eligible for Medicaid,

doesn't save money?

Can you prove that?

omG, of course they save money because someone else is paying for it! NOTHING is free, the cost is just shifted onto someone else. :rolleyes:

I can only answer for my self and my situation, but if my results are any indication, I'm paying a lot more, my subsidy is low. My premiums have over doubled and my subsidy is low. There are two of us.

Just my experience.

Were covered before on all of the minimum requirements required now?

wtf does that have to do with it?

Trajan, wtf do you think it means? If he was not covered on items then that he is required to be covered now, then it will affect the price.

Were covered before on all of the minimum requirements required now?

wtf does that have to do with it?

Trajan, wtf do you think it means? If he was not covered on items then that he is required to be covered now, then it will affect the price.

Correct. Now people have to pay more for coverage for things they neither need nor want because obama!

Where's my $2,500 savings the obama promised??

Forum List

Back