6 of top 10 universities in the world for science are Chinese universities.

No, it doesnt make them engineers, it ensures they are analytical thinkers. They have vision and a hard science/math background.

Those are quality characteristics to have in leaders, no?

Compare educational achievements of Western politicians compared to Chinas. Does that no concern you?
if we elected our leaders based on "educational achievements?"

our leaders are chosen for sociopathy and manipulation. to find our educated civil servants, turn to the list of project 2025 terminations.

We see nearly everything as a threat to the west. It's difficult for many to grasp but people in other parts of the world want and seek the same things we do and there is nothing wrong with that.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with that. Tell that to Ukraine, Taiwan, the Philippines, Israel and others.

Again, you miss the point. They may WANT what the West has, but their governments care far less about life, due process and civil liberties than we do. That's the struggle. America didn't take over Cuba (though they tried to topple their government). Ask Hong Kong citizens today who have been imprisoned for years for political reasons after China took them over by force prior to the actual agreement they had with the U.K

In your assessment, it's a zero sum game. "Someone has to win, both are equally righteous ".

I don't share those sentiments at all.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with that. Tell that to Ukraine, Taiwan, the Philippines, Israel and others.

You have their numbers handy?

Again, you miss the point. They may WANT what the West has, but their governments care far less about life, due process and civil liberties than we do. That's the struggle.

In your assessment, it's a zero sum game. "Someone has to win, both are equally righteous ".

I don't share those sentiments at all.

"Righteous". I imagine we would disagree with what that is.

MIT grad, appointed by Biden to some nuclear agency. Later busted for stealing luggage. lol

55628340-8dd6-11ec-be5e-e1be01fe8c2f

A role model for all Democrats, most of whom are still puzzled as to why stealing peoples' luggage was considered bad.

MIT grad, appointed by Biden to some nuclear agency. Later busted for stealing luggage. lol

55628340-8dd6-11ec-be5e-e1be01fe8c2f

A role model for all Democrats, most of whom are still puzzled as to why stealing peoples' luggage was considered bad.
he should act his age, but i don't care what he does on saturday night. it may be difficult to find people with his skill set willing to work on a gs pay scale.

and we'll choose our own role models , thanks. many young girls think that way about ms harris, i guess. or sally ride, or taylor swift,. i guess that is natural. .

6 of top 10 universities in the world for science are Chinese universities.​

No surprise there as the chinese and most Asians in general rank among some of the smartest in the world. Japan's average IQ is something like ten points higher than the average American.

When you water down your schools to create activists rather than scientists, I suppose this is the outcome.

MSS are to be commended for their efforts. How they have hurt Western priorities and their domestic institutions is unmatched in history.

China’s universities just grabbed 6 of the top 10 spots in one worldwide science ranking – without changing a thing

China surges in new academic rankings based on open-access research

University leaders pay close attention to comparative rankings such as those offered by Times Higher Education, ShanghaiRanking Consultancy and others. Rankings influence student matriculation numbers, attract talented faculty and justify donations from wealthy donors. University leaders rail against them, and some schools “withdraw” from them, but rankings are influential.

A radical shift in the data underlying rankings is about to upend the rankings world – largely in favor of China’s position.

For instance, in early 2024, the Leiden University Center for Science and Technology Studies CWTS group issued new university rankings that add open-data sources to the traditional curated list of elite journals that has been the standard. The results show a world turned upside down for university rankings.
Rankings are somewhat arbitrary @ times. In the case of China & their educational system it is more than obvious that their educational system is producing world class students. You are correct in my opinion regarding your assessment about our American educational system being prioritized towards teaching political ideology over substance. It is no secret that the D.O.E. is definitely a failure as was predicted when the Carter administration signed the act into law. I currently support Donald Trump for his second term as one of the two priority issues of his that caught my attention is defunding the failed Dept. of Education, & returning education back to the responsibility of the individual fifty states.

Forum List

Back