600 Mile Wide Atlantic Storm 9/23/2015

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This storm began to form after Tropical Storm Ida. The next name for a storm after Ida for 2015 is Joakim. The weather report had earlier mentioned this Atlantic Storm's name is Joakim. Today when I tried to look it up, it was missing from the report.

Atlantic Storm to Pound 600-Mile Stretch of East Coast

A slowly moving and evolving Atlantic storm will affect a 600-mile stretch of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States with areas of rain, gusty winds and rough surf through this weekend.

Enough rain will fall in some areas to cause poor visibility for motorists in parts of the Interstate 85 and 95 corridors. Wind and/or rain in some cities could cause airline delays. Onshore winds along the coast will contribute to coastal flooding and beach erosion.

650x366_09231641_hd24-1.jpg

How Far North Will Impacts of the Atlantic Storm Stretch?

I believe the title should read how far North will impacts of Atlantic storm Joakim stretch? After all, that is the name of this storm! Why not use it? On how far will it reach? The reports are coming in now rain is expected to hit Philadelphia on Sunday - sounds like the Outdoor Mass plans will have to be canceled due to rain.

STORMFAX® - Atlantic Hurricane Names 2015

Ana
Bill
Claudette
Danny
Erika
Fred
Grace
Henri
Ida
Joaquin

Tropical Cyclones are classified as Tropical Storms and given names when wind speeds reach 39 miles per hour.
Tropical Storms become Hurricanes when wind speeds reach 74 miles per hour.

So the storm Joaquim is on the way - some say the name means - Judgment of God - my name book says it means God is My Salvation. I love that this storm makes the statement that God is our Salvation. Not a man, not a Vicar, God Almighty is our Salvation! And what is God's name? Jesus Christ. He is the Lord God Almighty. I praise Him today!

Last edited:
There is another meaning listed for Joakim : lifted up by Jehovah. So the name of this storm would be the storm that was lifted up by God (who is Jehovah). Who else can raise up a storm that is 600 miles wide? Only God! My God is Almighty! He is worthy to be praised! Every moment of every day! He is worthy to be praised!

Forum List

Back