69% of Corporations Tax-Exempt

The consumer in this country pays all the taxes. It amuses me to think the the democrats say they won't raise taxes and then tax businesses. Would it amaze you to know that if a business tax goes up the business has less money for wages and so you don't get that raise? How about if that tax increases cost for product or service you pay for 150% of the cost of that tax? There is an addage in business that the only way to be profitable is to find all the costs associated with your product or service (taxes, transportation, materials, machining, manufacturing, overhead, wages and all the other incedental costs and multiply by 1.5 to get the price of your goods. That is the only way you can get a 3% minimum profit from your business. when the dems raise business taxes they are actually charging you 1.5 times the tax. When the repubs don't raise business taxes and tax you directly then you only pay the amount the government gets. Who loves you more, the party that taxes businesses or the one that gives tax breaks to businesses? (a tax break means that they can reduce the price 1.5 times the amount saved)

I used to love it when the state or city raised my taxes - it gave me the ability to blame the higher cost on the tax while I was making more money than before.

That's not "the only way you can... profit". In fact, doing what your claiming would result in the business making less money in a lot of cases.

Forum List

Back