🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

7 shot in New Orleans

...contains nothing about "gun grabbing", "giving up" anything, or the Second Amendment. Or any other Amendment. Nothing about laws, bills, restrictions or the like. Not even a word about what "should" be done about it. No value judgment at all. Zero...
Our colleague LoveBears opened the Gun-Control door in Post No. 11.

I built upon that in Post No. 31.

And that would have been the end of it, had you not chosen to hound me about this, in the same manner you tried (and failed) to do in the Kaarma/Dede thread a couple of days ago.

But... no... you had to make a pain in the ass out of yourself, and to push it - and me - so, we find ourselves at this junction...

Any thread that talks about a shooting is going to eventually trigger talk about gun-control...

Just as surely as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west...

It is not given to you to act as thread-continuity or -relativity police, with respect to the audience at large, nor me in particular...

That was a legitimate counterpointing observation on LoveBear's part...

As was my agreeing-with and building upon LoveBear's post....

It was (and is) his/her right to do so...

As it is mine...

And I didn't even open-up the segue or related sidebar, I merely built upon it, as a modest and lightweight supporting comment, that would otherwise have gone mostly un-noticed, had you not taken it upon yourself to put on the School Hallway Monitor hat and attempt to impose your views upon me with respect to content relativity...

Gun-control, and the motives and tactics employed by both Gun-Grabbers and Gun-Rights folk, are an integral and related component of any thread in which the two sides of the aisle are likely to come to grips...

Threads evolve... threads morph... people gather here (and elsewhere) to discuss and to contribute in the way they think best, and, so long as the broader macro-level topic and its kindred are at the forefront, the purpose of the forum and the thread are well-served...

You do not have license to pursue me nor anyone else from thread to thread, and to hound them over your vision of content-relativity.

I will not allow you to act as my judge nor to regulate my participation in these threads.

Period.

Last edited:
You don't seem to follow my point at all.

Here it is:

It's a strawman. Both here and in the Kaarma thread. That can't be denied.

-- that makes it irrelevant as argument. Whether you like it or not.

As with most of what I post in any thread, this is calling out a logical fallacy. Which this absolutely is. You're free to entertain such fallacies, but when you do I'm going to be calling them what they are. And yes I absolutely have "license" to do that, as we all do.

Sorry if that's inconvenient, but if you don't want to be called on them, then don't employ them.

Last edited:
You don't seem to follow my point at all.

Here it is:

It's a strawman. Both here and in the Kaarma thread. That can't be denied.

-- that makes it irrelevant as argument. Whether you like it or not.

As with most of what I post in any thread, this is calling out a logical fallacy. Which this absolutely is. You're free to entertain such fallacies, but when you do I'm going to be calling them what they are. And yes I absolutely have "license" to do that, as we all do.

Sorry if that's inconvenient, but if you don't want to be called on them, then don't employ them.
"Strawman...a weak or imaginary argument or opponent that is set up to be easily defeated..."

Straw man - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

There is no fallacy at work here.

There is no weak nor imaginary argument nor opponent.

The argument cannot be easily defeated.

The argument is very much alive and well and as real as real can be, very strong, and highly adversarial in nature, and it is an implicit element in any discussion of gun-related incidents, regardless of the particulars of the incident du jour nor how it's originally presented.

Your logical-fallacy Detection Sensor needs re-calibration.

Now... are we done hijacking this thread yet, to deal with your Hallway Monitor sortie?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back