7 Stupid Things the Government Has Spent Money on During the Shutdown!

God how lame, I stopped after the first one:
Federal agencies created new websites to tell visitors that they don’t have enough funding to run their old websites.
This is just straight up stupid, they didn't create new websites they just created a simple new webpage on their existing website, any semi-competent web developer could slap that together in ten minutes. That effort is the kind of spending we're supposed to be anguished about?

Federal agencies created new websites to tell visitors that they don’t have enough funding to run their old websites.
This is just straight up stupid, they didn't create new websites they just created a simple new webpage on their existing website, any semi-competent web developer could slap that together in ten minutes. That effort is the kind of spending we're supposed to be anguished about?

You expect more from an OP with three words of original content, a link to a lame blog, and a video which I'm sure Barbara would be happy to send a copy to Crazy Cruz?

BTW, I've only been an economist for 45 years and for the life of me I can't figure out what this thread and the OP have to do with economics or the economy.

5. Not closing parks near Democratic senators’ houses.

Sources tell The DCNF that Lincoln Park in D.C., which maintained by the NPS, was not closed down, nor were any signs put up that indicated it was closed due to the government shutdown. According to the same source, it’s close to the homes of “quite a few” Democratic senators, and the source has previously seen Montana Democratic Sen. Max Baucus walking in the park.

While Lincoln Park remains seemingly open for Baucus and other senators to go for a walk, national parks all across Montana have been closed down and thousands of tourists have been turned away.

The NPS did not respond to The DCNF’s request for comment, probably because no one is working in their press office.

Read more: Seven stupid things the gov?t spent money on during shutdown | The Daily Caller

You expect more from an OP with three words of original content, a link to a lame blog, and a video which I'm sure Barbara would be happy to send a copy to Crazy Cruz?

BTW, I've only been an economist for 45 years and for the life of me I can't figure out what this thread and the OP have to do with economics or the economy.

This particular OP's post are not normally based on reality whatsoever.

Nothing to see here...

:cuckoo:

It seems that every time Republicans make fun of Government spending, they end up looking stupid and don't even know it. I remember when McCain and Palin made endless fun about the disappearing honey bees and why it's stupid to care.

Then we find out that many of our crops depend on bees. Crops worth many billions of dollars and bee keepers have not the know how nor the resources to figure it out. It takes government scientists. But did that stop McCain and Palin???? Noooo!

And it was just recently that the Lincoln Memorial was vandalized with paint. And right wingnuts feel we should open parks and monuments with no supervision at all? Seriously? It's like the tards are screaming for "tardation". And still, even with all that, they will say to me for even bringing it up, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

When did the most stupid people in the nation move far right? In a group? And how do you think it makes me feel they are 90% white?

While Lincoln Park remains seemingly open for Baucus and other senators to go for a walk, national parks all across Montana have been closed down and thousands of tourists have been turned away.
More fail, they've closed national parks but aren't fencing in pieces of urban grass because it isn't practical. There is no preferential treatment being given to a park near where congress lives, Lincoln Park is closed.

Parks closed but not barricaded
While many memorials, parks and monuments overseen by the Park Service were closed off to visitors, others, like Lafayette Square, McPherson Square and Dupont Circle, remained open as “pedestrian pass-throughs.”

“It would be impossible to” close them, said Park Service spokeswoman Carol Bradley Johnson. In the cases of other parks, it’s difficult to make it evident that a park is closed, said another Park Service spokeswoman, Jennifer Mummart.

“In big Western parks, where you have an entrance gate, you shut the gate and it’s very evident to everyone that it’s closed,” she said. “Here, in D.C., it’s pretty unique, because there’s . . . what essentially amount to neighborhood national parks,” she said. “Although they’re not fenced or barricaded, they are in fact closed because we don’t have a (funding) appropriation.”

She said the Park Service sought to close the city’s 20 playgrounds at federal neighborhood parks for safety reasons. “Because we don’t have anyone to patrol that playground area, and empty the trash and check for broken equipment . . . we just felt like it’s better to ensure safety,” she said. David Shove Brown, 40, passed a locked-down playground at Lincoln Park with his 3-year-old daughter, Brighid, and two dogs. “It’s very surreal,” he said.

Something this thread, the OP, and conservative economic dogma all have in common.

Forum List

Back