700 Teachers Leaving Omaha Schools

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
As predicted...and here we go. Add this to the raging dumpster fire that is our nation. Keep finding that rare teacher wanting to talk to your kids about her pansexuality, fellow conservatives. The bigger issue is that the school down the street won't have enough teachers, period.

But who looks at the big picture anymore?

As predicted...and here we go. Add this to the raging dumpster fire that is our nation. Keep finding that rare teacher wanting to talk to your kids about her pansexuality, fellow conservatives. The bigger issue is that the school down the street won't have enough teachers, period.

Private schools always have enough teachers.

The private school here shut it's doors 5 years ago because nobody was applying for those jobs because of lower pay. Now public schools are trying to rip teachers from other public schools because of few applicants and people quitting after one year or even 6 months. Many teachers are retiring at 55 and then working in the private sector so they are collecting their pensions plus another full time salary. The districts can't keep up with the number of people leaving

Who the heck would want to be a teacher these days?

They Are being attacked by right wingers from every angle....

Teachers are mask forcing Nazis, teachers teach your 5 year old about explicit sex, teachers are groomers, teachers make your kids feel bad by teaching critical race theory, teachers brainwash kids....

teachers are just scummy liberals....

Well, WHAT DO YOU FRICKING EXPECT?

I guess those bitching political pawn parents need to brush up on home schooling

Read the whole article. No mention of the word pansexuality....anywhere. So it must just be you regurgitating alt-right talking points.
Here is the meat and potatoes. How much of that misbehavior do you think is caused by the behavior of their fellow "conservative" parents? :)

"Proulx said he thinks people are “quitting in droves” in OPS because of a variety of issues, including teacher retention and the increasing social-emotional needs of students. Since the pandemic began, student misbehavior has been steadily rising in OPS and other schools around the country.

“There used to be maybe a fight every other week, but now it seems like there are several fights each week,” Proulx said. “Everything is just magnified and the district — from my vantage point — it doesn’t appear they are all that much concerned about it.”

An OPS security guard said they chose to leave the district this year for several reasons, including low pay, increased student misbehavior and additional work due to staffing shortages. The guard said they also work double duty as a paraprofessional for multiple grades. They spoke on the condition they not be named because they have not been authorized by the district to speak publicly about their job".

Teachers are mask forcing Nazis, teachers teach your 5 year old about explicit sex, teachers are groomers, teachers make your kids feel bad by teaching critical race theory, teachers brainwash kids....

I guess those bitching political pawn parents need to brush up on home schooling
Stop being scummy liberals . Seems easy enough.

Next year:

THOSE TEACHERS BETTER GET BACK INTO THE CLASSROOMS SO I CAN GO TO WORK

Read the whole article. No mention of the word pansexuality....anywhere. So it must just be you regurgitating alt-right talking points.
Here is the meat and potatoes. How much of that misbehavior do you think is caused by the behavior of their fellow "conservative" parents? :)

"Proulx said he thinks people are “quitting in droves” in OPS because of a variety of issues, including teacher retention and the increasing social-emotional needs of students. Since the pandemic began, student misbehavior has been steadily rising in OPS and other schools around the country.

“There used to be maybe a fight every other week, but now it seems like there are several fights each week,” Proulx said. “Everything is just magnified and the district — from my vantage point — it doesn’t appear they are all that much concerned about it.”

An OPS security guard said they chose to leave the district this year for several reasons, including low pay, increased student misbehavior and additional work due to staffing shortages. The guard said they also work double duty as a paraprofessional for multiple grades. They spoke on the condition they not be named because they have not been authorized by the district to speak publicly about their job".

You think there are a ton of conservative parents in inner city Omaha?

Fascinating

I had excellent teachers through out my studies. They were men, women, veterans, scholars, black, white, Hispanic, old, young, liberal, conservative, etc...

The OP claims to be a teacher. I have my doubts. But if she is, clearly we're reaching the bottom of the barrel.

I had excellent teachers through out my studies. They were men, women, veterans, scholars, black, white, Hispanic, old, young, liberal, conservative, etc...

The OP claims to be a teacher. I have my doubts. But if she is, clearly we're reaching the bottom of the barrel.

Not only a teacher but highly effective. Top 3% in my district. Award-winning. Published.

Cry harder.

Omaha is primarily a lily white midwestern town. :)
How do I know this? Spent a lot of time there.
Not much to do.

From the website of the district link above:

We serve more than 53,000 young people in a welcoming, diverse school district community. We teach more than 18,000 students who have received English Learner services at some time while at Omaha Public Schools. Our student population speaks more than 100 different languages.

Sometimes that happens when your business goes out of its way to piss off the customers.

If my company acted like some school districts I would be out of a job on 30 seconds flat.

Sometimes that happens when your business goes out of its way to piss off the customers.

If my company acted like some school districts I would be out of a job on 30 seconds flat.

You're right, not denying it. However. In the 21st century we Moral Panic about everything. Now all teachers are terrible--worse yet, groomers. Okay. Ask us about the situations we're dealing with now with the shape the American family is in

Actually don't bother. We won't be around next year to ask.

You're right, not denying it. However. In the 21st century we Moral Panic about everything. Now all teachers are terrible--worse yet, groomers. Okay. Ask us about the situations we're dealing with now with the shape the American family is in

Actually don't bother. We won't be around next year to ask.

Not all, just some, and add that to school boards acting like politburos instead of elected panels you reach a tipping point where some of the good is going to get lumped in with the bad.

The real crush is going to be declining birth rates, that if coupled with another round of "flight from the cities" may correct the teacher shortages in some large blue cities all on their own.

So, they are leaving because they are political activists, first, and teachers 2nd? Or are they leaving because grooming is now illegal?

The fact of the matter is that today's "teachers" are pretty low-rent as far as what they strove for in college and what they end-up doing because they have little choice....Teaching our kids....A teaching degree is just a fallback position.....All the barista jobs were taken.

How many young men and women go into college with the intended purpose of becoming a teacher? That used to be one of the main jobs young women worked toward when going into college.

Forum List

Back