70's Music

no i dont.... you would be in a minority thinking that....if they had a poll the 70's would bury the 80's....
That is just wrong. Sure, there are a lot of Boomers who are all nostalgic about the 1970's because that was when they were young, but the 1980's is far more referenced.

1980's had much better music across all genres.

1970's had ABBA and that alone is a big L.

That is just wrong. Sure, there are a lot of Boomers who are all nostalgic about the 1970's because that was when they were young, but the 1980's is far more referenced.

and you are saying that because you were young during the 80's.....the only thing the 80's was good for was hard rock .....and Michael Jackson if you want to call that rock...

and you are saying that because you were young during the 80's.....the only thing the 80's was good for was hard rock .....and Michael Jackson if you want to call that rock...
I was not even born in the 1980's, but yes metal (thrash) was at its best, but there was generally interesting developments happening not just in the genre of metal, but also pop and it was also the decade rap/hip hop was born (although 80's rap is mostly meh).

The 1980s was one of the worst decades of music. That isn't even arguable.
This would be the first time I have ever heard someone actually try to say that 80s rock is better than 70s.

Too funny

The 1980s was one of the worst decades of music. That isn't even arguable.
This would be the first time I have ever heard someone actually try to say that 80s rock is better than 70s.

Too funny
Of course this is just a matter of taste. As far as rock goes, I prefer 80's.

I am very open-minded as far as musical taste goes, unlike a lot of other people who can only tolerate one genre of music.

I am very open-minded as far as musical taste goes, unlike a lot of other people who can only tolerate one genre of music.
most forms of rock,at least Guitar led Rock, died in the early 90's...

Yeah cause Scorpions is better than Foghat.
HAHAHhahahaaa
And WhiteShake - wow - so awesome!! :D
And 80s Van Halen is better than 70s Van Halen :D :D :D

80s rock was just loud. And a bunch of guitar solos that a 6th grader can play.
It was glitzy, poppish loud noise made for MTV

Yeah cause Scorpions is better than Foghat.
HAHAHhahahaaa
And WhiteShake - wow - so awesome!! :D
And 80s Van Halen is better than 70s Van Halen :D :D :D

80s rock was just loud. And a bunch of guitar solos that a 6th grader can play.
It was glitzy, poppish loud noise made for MTV
OK Boomer. :D

Metallica alone poops on the entire supply of 70's bands. :)

OK Boomer. :D

Metallica alone poops in the entire supply of 70's bands. :)
Another funny one.
And I am not a boomer.
I graduated high school in 1983.
Metallica is just about the only band from the 80s worth listening to. And they don't sound anything like other 80s pop-rock bands. And they didn't really come into their own till Master of Puppets, released in 1986. And most of their hits were late 80s and 90s.

Another funny one.
And I am not a boomer.
Metallica is just about the only band from the 80s worth listening to. And they don't sound anything like other 80s pop-rock bands. And they didn't really come into their own till Master of Puppets, released in 1986. And most of their hits were late 80s and 90s.
as far as hard rock goes in the 80's there was also Iron Maiden,Judas Priest,Krokus,Stevie Ray Vaughan,Gary Moore,Helloween,Anthrax,Slayer

Another funny one.
And I am not a boomer.
Kill'em All is great, but the production is just awful. MoP is aight, I prefer Justice for all.

I am mostly just juking around here, I do not actually hate 70's music.

matter of opinion.....
half and half.
Half opinion, and half just simply true.
Most of the popular 80s music was either "glam rock" or "arena rock"... and songs that were not either of those, was mostly 70s bands still together in the 80s.
The 90s pulled away from the glam/glitz and empty anthem rock, and returned to something an 8th grader can't reproduce.

as far as hard rock goes in the 80's there was also Iron Maiden,Judas Priest,Krokus,Stevie Ray Vaughan,Gary Moore,Helloween,Anthrax,Slayer
Can't Stand Iron Maiden or Judas Priest. I don't particularly like random noise.
And putting SRV in that list is another comedic example of what you are trying to say.
Most of what SRV released was 60s and 70s music. His music was blues rock, which was polar opposite of what other bands were doing.
Another like that is George Thorogood. Huge hits in the 80s, but the music was very 1970s.

half and half.
Half opinion, and half just simply true.
Most of the popular 80s music was either "glam rock" or "arena rock"... and songs that were not either of those, was mostly 70s bands still together in the 80s.
The 90s pulled away from the glam/glitz and empty anthem rock, and returned to something an 8th grader can't reproduce.
a lot of rock died in the 90's....we had a thread here a while back about the 90's titled what happened to the rock guitar solo?...

a lot of rock died in the 90's....we had a thread here a while back about the 90's titled what happened to the rock guitar solo?...
I won't argue with that.
The most popular "music" today is rap. And the complexity of that is like counting to 5.
The instrumentation in non existent, mostly computerized pre-existing beat rhythms.
It is a national travesty.

Forum List

Back