73% Wrong...gadzooks .

We can acknowledge that we have a culture in fairly rapid decay and try to do something about it, or we can just continue to deny/ignore it.

And by the way, the party affiliation of any given politician at any given moment is not the only place to look.

It is true, although, Democrats do control 66.6 % of Federal power plus the bully pulpit.

Since 2006 the Republicans have been able to almost nothing except stop some bills from becoming law. They have no real power and have had none. Thank goodness they have been able to stop the country in doing more of the same that got us into crushing debt I just wish anyone could do something to turn our debt around.

But to listen to the democrats one would think it wasn't their initiatives that have come out of Congress in the last 7 years. Listening to them one would think GWB is still in office and the Republicans controlled Congress. THAT is a problem when those who caused the problem can't admit their failure and move on.

True, it started with the worse president in my memory, William Jefferson Clinton. He sullied the Office like no other before him. I think people can understand, a little, presidents doing things they don't like. But to go on national TV and shake his finger in our collective faces and lie his ass off, disgraceful.

That lie wasn't as bad as telling us "Iraq had WMD's". That lie cost us over 4000 American lives, over 1 million Iraqi lives, over 1 trillion US taxpayer dollars, our reputation around the world and turned the principles this nation was founded upon, into a myth.

You mean these liars:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

It is true, although, Democrats do control 66.6 % of Federal power plus the bully pulpit.

The decay started decades ago and has continued through presidencies and congresses of various stripes.

True, it started with the worse president in my memory, William Jefferson Clinton. He sullied the Office like no other before him. I think people can understand, a little, presidents doing things they don't like. But to go on national TV and shake his finger in our collective faces and lie his ass off, disgraceful. Then we have the "free" trade agreements that stuck a knife in the back of the working folks like nothing before. What is happening now was predicted it should be no surprise. It does not matter if the Republicans supported the treaties they would not have passed without a democrat pushing for them harder then they push for anything else in the past.

True, it started with the worse president in my memory, William Jefferson Clinton. He sullied the Office like no other before him. I think people can understand, a little, presidents doing things they don't like. But to go on national TV and shake his finger in our collective faces and lie his ass off, disgraceful.

That lie wasn't as bad as telling us "Iraq had WMD's". That lie cost us over 4000 American lives, over 1 million Iraqi lives, over 1 trillion US taxpayer dollars, our reputation around the world and turned the principles this nation was founded upon, into a myth.

You mean these liars:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Donnt confuse liberals with facts.

Yup..up to 73% believe the country is moving in the wrong direction, that's not overly promising...:lol:

I find it shocking that 27% of the people think this is the right direction.

:doubt:

Really. I thought it would be more, considering all the freeloaders. But the numbers show that Obama is heading down fast, according to the RCP poll.

I didn't mean it that way, AquaAthena. I am with you that looking at the political landscape and all the moochers we have on this board, the number is clearly predictable or as you pointed out possibly even higher.

I just meant it's nuts that many people would think this is a good direction. In the end, as they plunder their meal tickets they are harming themselves as well, but it's the nature of liberals they don't plan their greed ahead. They want and they want now. Hence, the Obama presidency. The leech in chief.

We can acknowledge that we have a culture in fairly rapid decay and try to do something about it, or we can just continue to deny/ignore it.

And by the way, the party affiliation of any given politician at any given moment is not the only place to look.

What would you fix or at least what do you think is the primary cause?

banning prayer in public schools was a big part of it....

banning prayer in public schools was a big part of it....
Separation of 'Church and State' is a myth concocted by the SCOTUS. Morality as a consequence is in the sewer.

Well, just my opinion here, and I won't be surprised if I get shit for it: We've become a terribly narcissistic culture, and that narcissism manifests in several ways.

One is in our conspicuous consumption, feeling like we have to have -- even deserve -- the latest and greatest and biggest goodies, even if we have to borrow or borrow too much to get them. We've somehow conflated "stuff we have" with our value as people and with our level of happiness. Then, after we've borrowed and borrowed and inflated our budgets, we complain that it takes multiple incomes to make ends meet. And obviously, this has spread to our various government entities.

Second is this craving we have to be noticed. We now have myriad "celebrities" who are merely famous for being famous, not because they actually did something of value. "Reality TV" is a massive symptom of this, as are YouTube and Facebook. We have over-inflated our self-worth based on essentially nothing, and that leads to even more narcissism and entitlement-based thinking. Part of this is continuing lowered standards, where we're satisfied with less and less to "impress" us. And of course, another symptom is that we scream that we're "offended" at this and "offended" at that, while demanding some sort of retribution in payment for the damage supposedly done to our dainty (and narcisstic) sensibilities, as if we somehow deserve it.

Third is the way so many have convinced themselves that their opinion, and only their opinion, is what matters, particularly on political issues. We all have to be 100% right, 100% of the time, and mature, civil, humble discourse and cooperation are now viewed as abject capitulation and a glaring sign of weakness that must be attacked. Everyone is screaming so that they can be heard, so that they can "win" (as if there were some kind of objective measure for that), very few are trying to actually accomplish anything.

I'm saying "we", by the way.

How do we fix it? First off, I don't see it being fixed, I think the die is cast. But it would take a concerted, ongoing effort by multiple "leaders", from politics and the clergy and popular culture, all saying the same things, all living by example, all showing a little humility. And that's precisely why I don't think it will happen.

Meh. Just my two cents, worth every penny.

Just my two cents.

With all due respect, FW, but you missed Mac's point entirely. We the People need to work together to fix our problems. As long as you remain fixated on "blaming the left" nothing is going to be remedied. Mac was 100% right when he said that this has been happening throughout both left and right administrations. It is time to stop the "blame game" and put aside our differences and work together to make American great once again. Anyone who doesn't get that this is the only way it is ever going to be resolved in part of the problem rather than the solution in my humble opinion.

I don't believe I missed the point at all. Mac and yourself want to blame everyone but I didn't see anything definite as a reason as to why you both feel the country is in demise, just that we are too selfish. Yet we are still the most charitable counties in the world.

I offer that reason and the alternative. We are being systematically torn down. The moral backbone of the country is being removed. One religion, Islam, no matter how perverse their behavior is forgiven by the left because Islam is in direct contention with Christianity which the liberal left vilifies. Black and white division is bigger then ever even though a black president could not have won just with the black vote. The poor are hurting for what? For jobs that is what. Clinton sent them overseas as was predicted and now the liberal left wants the rest of the low skill jobs given to what used to be illegals but are now just potential democrat voters.

What I think is a big part of at least making the country fell good again is strong leadership. A country that does not vilify that which is good so they can get whatever they want. There is absolutely no reason ONE person should be able to impose their will on the vast majority of the people JUST because they are one person. An example is the display of the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments are a fundamental part of the three major religions of the world. The VAST over whelming majority of people either hold to at least the principle of the commandments or don't care. But a few wishing to impose their views on everyone else gets their display banned from public life. There is a reason and it ain't because there is something dangerous in posting the Ten Commandments.

So until you an Mac come up with something other then Kum By Ya will solve the problem or that it is just the American people are assholes I think I'll still with pointing the finger at the people responsible.

I'm not singing "Kumbaya" -- I made it clear I think "the die is cast", for the reasons I outlined. I don't think the American people are assholes, I made it clear that this is a cultural issue, which is just a tad bit more complicated than that. If straw man arguments are the best we're going to do here, I'll just bow out now.

If you want to continue "pointing the finger", your words, that's your call. There are plenty others like you on both "sides", and -- not coincidentally --here we are.

Last edited:
Yup..up to 73% believe the country is moving in the wrong direction, that's not overly promising...:lol:

I blame myself....:(

--------

Twenty-seven percent (27%) of Likely U.S. Voters say the country is heading in the right direction, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey taken the week ending Sunday, August 4.

That’s just a point higher than the previous two weeks' finding of 26% which marked the lowest level of confidence since mid-January 2012. Confidence in the country's direction rose steadily last fall, peaking at a high of 43% the week just before Election Day. It's been gradually decreasing ever since.

Right Direction or Wrong Track - Rasmussen Reports?

Not really surprising. I think it is rather obvious that were not heading in the right direction.

Sorry about that.. I guess I was trying to attract excuses..:redface:

Real America knows this is bad...they know this man is an anathema to what this Nation stands for.

Well, just my opinion here, and I won't be surprised if I get shit for it: We've become a terribly narcissistic culture, and that narcissism manifests in several ways.

One is in our conspicuous consumption, feeling like we have to have -- even deserve -- the latest and greatest and biggest goodies, even if we have to borrow or borrow too much to get them. We've somehow conflated "stuff we have" with our value as people and with our level of happiness. Then, after we've borrowed and borrowed and inflated our budgets, we complain that it takes multiple incomes to make ends meet. And obviously, this has spread to our various government entities.

Second is this craving we have to be noticed. We now have myriad "celebrities" who are merely famous for being famous, not because they actually did something of value. "Reality TV" is a massive symptom of this, as are YouTube and Facebook. We have over-inflated our self-worth based on essentially nothing, and that leads to even more narcissism and entitlement-based thinking. Part of this is continuing lowered standards, where we're satisfied with less and less to "impress" us. And of course, another symptom is that we scream that we're "offended" at this and "offended" at that, while demanding some sort of retribution in payment for the damage supposedly done to our dainty (and narcisstic) sensibilities, as if we somehow deserve it.

Third is the way so many have convinced themselves that their opinion, and only their opinion, is what matters, particularly on political issues. We all have to be 100% right, 100% of the time, and mature, civil, humble discourse and cooperation are now viewed as abject capitulation and a glaring sign of weakness that must be attacked. Everyone is screaming so that they can be heard, so that they can "win" (as if there were some kind of objective measure for that), very few are trying to actually accomplish anything.

How do we fix it? First off, I don't see it being fixed, I think the die is cast. But it would take a concerted, ongoing effort by multiple "leaders", from politics and the clergy and popular culture, all saying the same things, all living by example, all showing a little humility. And that's precisely why I don't think it will happen.

Add to that...if you have children before you have an education or well paying skill/trade...you are starting out in a hole that it is nearly impossible to climb out of.

(Crap...I ended that sentence with a preposition.)

..you are starting out in a hole from which it is nearly impossible to climb out.

(Better)

I agree with other posters that America has been on the decline for decades now. I contribute part of that to this "blame the other guy" mindset in politics. Instead of running on new ideas, both parties have been running on "I'm not the other guy".

EDIT: I'd like to add that this complete rejection of third parties by the American people doesn't help. It used to be normal for a political party to go into a decline, and another to take it's place. Now, any party that strays from Republican and Democratic dogma is considered "crazy". Call them crazy all you want, but at least they are suggesting something different than the same Rep/Dem horseshit.

Last edited:
I agree with other posters that America has been on the decline for decades now. I contribute part of that to this "blame the other guy" mindset in politics. Instead of running on new ideas, both parties have been running on "I'm not the other guy".

EDIT: I'd like to add that this complete rejection of third parties by the American people doesn't help. It used to be normal for a political party to go into a decline, and another to take it's place. Now, any party that strays from Republican and Democratic dogma is considered "crazy". Call them crazy all you want, but at least they are suggesting something different than the same Rep/Dem horseshit.
I am in agreement with you here as I have not been in other places on these boards.

It is incumbent upon the legal voters among us to review an individual running for office ...and FORGET totally party affiliation. Parties got us into this mess with 'a pox on yer house' mentality...while forgetting the effects/affects on ALL of us as a whole.

WE are in a MESS and the parties as well as US are responsible. The rest of the world are laughing at us. So much for the stronghold of Liberty and freedom, eh?

The Founders roll in their graves. We didn't pay attention.

I blame myself....:(

--------

Twenty-seven percent (27%) of Likely U.S. Voters say the country is heading in the right direction, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey taken the week ending Sunday, August 4.

That’s just a point higher than the previous two weeks' finding of 26% which marked the lowest level of confidence since mid-January 2012. Confidence in the country's direction rose steadily last fall, peaking at a high of 43% the week just before Election Day. It's been gradually decreasing ever since.

Right Direction or Wrong Track - Rasmussen Reports?

Not really surprising. I think it is rather obvious that were not heading in the right direction.

Sorry about that.. I guess I was trying to attract excuses..:redface:

and you got 'em too.

Also not surprising that we have the ‘finger pointers’ coming in here as well.

Yes, very much so. I have started 2 threads so far, the last in the CDZ, that lasted a few days before being closed by the mods for the vitriol associated asking the simple question of why should I vote for republicans and did not receive one single reason. None.

All we have now is we are not the other guy and it has allowed absolute trash into the political arena. No one actually cares if you are a horrendous, immoral and absolutely pathetic excuse for a human being anymore. That’s fine as long as you are not the other immoral pathetic excuse for a human being. That mentality has destroyed politics. Then the single issue voter also helped with this asshattery. Who cares of you are support the destruction of the nation as long as you will do it while supporting bans on abortion/support passing gay marriage then you’re the man. Silly.

Third parties really are the only way to realign the party base ideals with what their actual constituency believes in because neither party represents those that they purport to represent anymore but so many are to focused on the other party being the definition of evil that they refuse to weaken their own ‘party’ even when that party no longer supports them.

I think all of this ties directly into the demonization of the other side. You talk to republicans and Obama is a communist Kenyan Muslim bent on the destruction of the country. You talk to democrats and Bush was the equivalent of Hitler (also bent on the destruction of the nation). One party HATES poor and the other HATES America. Bullshit, none of them hate anyone but the demonization of politics has moved us into anything but the other guy and that single issue that you simply MUST defend at the cost of anything else. We, the voting populous, need to grow up before we watch the political system in this nation bring us all to our knees.

With all due respect, FW, but you missed Mac's point entirely. We the People need to work together to fix our problems. As long as you remain fixated on "blaming the left" nothing is going to be remedied. Mac was 100% right when he said that this has been happening throughout both left and right administrations. It is time to stop the "blame game" and put aside our differences and work together to make American great once again. Anyone who doesn't get that this is the only way it is ever going to be resolved in part of the problem rather than the solution in my humble opinion.

I don't believe I missed the point at all. Mac and yourself want to blame everyone but I didn't see anything definite as a reason as to why you both feel the country is in demise, just that we are too selfish. Yet we are still the most charitable counties in the world.

I offer that reason and the alternative. We are being systematically torn down. The moral backbone of the country is being removed. One religion, Islam, no matter how perverse their behavior is forgiven by the left because Islam is in direct contention with Christianity which the liberal left vilifies. Black and white division is bigger then ever even though a black president could not have won just with the black vote. The poor are hurting for what? For jobs that is what. Clinton sent them overseas as was predicted and now the liberal left wants the rest of the low skill jobs given to what used to be illegals but are now just potential democrat voters.

What I think is a big part of at least making the country fell good again is strong leadership. A country that does not vilify that which is good so they can get whatever they want. There is absolutely no reason ONE person should be able to impose their will on the vast majority of the people JUST because they are one person. An example is the display of the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments are a fundamental part of the three major religions of the world. The VAST over whelming majority of people either hold to at least the principle of the commandments or don't care. But a few wishing to impose their views on everyone else gets their display banned from public life. There is a reason and it ain't because there is something dangerous in posting the Ten Commandments.

So until you an Mac come up with something other then Kum By Ya will solve the problem or that it is just the American people are assholes I think I'll still with pointing the finger at the people responsible.

I'm not singing "Kumbaya" -- I made it clear I think "the die is cast", for the reasons I outlined. I don't think the American people are assholes, I made it clear that this is a cultural issue, which is just a tad bit more complicated than that. If straw man arguments are the best we're going to do here, I'll just bow out now.

If you want to continue "pointing the finger", your words, that's your call. There are plenty others like you on both "sides", and -- not coincidentally --here we are.

So what is the difference between the way I point my finger and the way you point your finger?

So what is the difference between the way I point my finger and the way you point your finger?

He pointed no fingers. Instead, he highlighted the underlying forces that he believes are driving our problems. YOU pointed a finger because you are blaming a group of people for all your problems rather than a driving force that is pervasive through all different groups INCLUDING liberals and conservatives.

We need a government program to fix this.

Nah, just kidding.

The locus here is an economic stagnation, one that I predicted years ago. This is only going to get worse. But if we reverse the failed policies of Pres Barack Obama we can get out of this. We need to simplify the tax code (torpedoed by Harry Reid), change the tort system (opposed by Obama), and roll back the regulatory state, which is strangling business (opposed by almost all Democrats). Anyone see a pattern here?

The larger problem is a tremendous narcissism that has led to the pussification of America. The gay agenda is both part of the problem and a symptom of it. This is why calls to throw social conservatives out of the GOP are wrong. When people see "above us only sky" then everything becomes me me me. That will take much longer to fix.

Forum List

Back