Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Duran Duran then.....

duran-duran-portrait-1980s-billboard-1548.jpg

Duran Duran today......

huge_avatar

I'd say they've age VERY well!!!

don't get me started lol. this is one of my top 10 bands, though a few of their slower songs turn me off. i love "Hungry Like A Wolf" and "Girls On Film", and the one with the James Bond video...can't remember the song title

don't get me started lol. this is one of my top 10 bands, though a few of their slower songs turn me off. i love "Hungry Like A Wolf" and "Girls On Film", and the one with the James Bond video...can't remember the song title

A View To A Kill..................video listed above. My FAV song of theirs.

Also like All She Wants Is.............also listed above.

"WELCOME to Live Aid. It’s a boiling hot summer afternoon, and I’m about to perform with Duran Duran at the biggest gig on the planet. I’m standing backstage, from where I can hear the roaring audience reverberating throughout JFK Stadium. The noise is deafening, and I’ve been told that steam is rising off the crowd because the crew have been hosing people down, just to try to keep them cool and from passing out in the searing heat. The sweet, pungent smell of marijuana is wafting in on warm, moist waves of air coming from outside, where hundreds of people are smoking weed, drinking beer, eating pizza, and having the time of their lives. Officially, there are supposed to be 90,000 rock fans in the stadium; however, the turnstiles have been swamped and there’s maybe upward of 120,000 bodies, could be even higher. Nobody really knows for sure, but it’s stacked to the rafters." - from Andy Taylor's book "Wild Boy"

from Andy Taylor's book:

Then, just as everything seems to be coming together fine, I notice Simon’s voice is getting a tad croaky. He looks great, but it’s been a while since we were last onstage together, and one gig isn’t enough to get the voice back into shape. I can tell he is straining to hit the notes and there’s still that note to come as the song reaches crescendo. I hope he isn’t thinking about hitting that note . . . “Thinking” is a bad thing when you perform, I muse. Then, shit! His voice suddenly gives way . . .

“With a vie-yoo-ow to a kill!!!” he screeches right at the end of the song, with no time to recover. All bloody live . . . Well, at least he ain’t swimming with the fishes. I grimace and the cameras capture everything—again all live, but so what? It doesn’t matter and it was sort of inevitable. We carry on playing, and the number ends to rapturous applause.

Now it’s Simon’s turn to speak to the audience:

“Hello. Good evening to Philadelphia, to the whole world that is watching,” he says triumphantly as the crowd settles. “Tonight, we are here to celebrate something which has worked so far . . . This is a song called ‘The Union of the Snake.’”

Then we slow things down a bit with “Save a Prayer,” before Simon gees up the crowd one last time.

“If you’ve got any energy left, we’d like to see you dancing,” he tells them, and we finish with “The Reflex,” another recent US number one, which wins the audience over big-time, and they go nuts. As we leave the stage the cheers are still deafening—
not bad after Zeppelin, I think to myself, but which bastard put them on before us? . . .

when my son doesn't watch the 80's channel, he watches the 90's channel, i don't know what he has against post-2000 music but it is what it is

Bananarama
Culture Club
Eurythmics
Depeche Mode ❤️
The Police
Bangles
The Go-Go's
Pet Shop Boys
Blondie ❤️
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis

Liked a bit of Metallica and ZZ Top too.
love ZZ Top

Blondie's "Atomic" i like a lot. Pet Shop Boys "Go West", but that's from the 90's.

Pet Shop did a recent song slamming Putin, came out a few days ago actually, check it out

Forum List

Back