91 Million Armed American Civilians Makes Me Feel Damned Good

You have repeatedly said you want gun store clerks in prison based on what their customers do with a gun, despite the clerk following all the federal, state and local laws, and despite the clerk having no way of knowing what the customer plans to do. That is not "reasonable". You want guns banned. At least have the balls to be honest about it.

Yes, that's what I'd like to see. I'd also like to see all the Mormons sent to a Cult Deprogramming Camp, but heck, I'm willing to be reasonable, unlike you guys.

You know, guys who apparently think that someone who can't get on an airliner because the FBI thinks he might be a terrorist, but he's totally free to buy an AR-15 and a 100 round clip like Joker Holmes and Omar Mateen did.

The problem is YOU want to define reasonable.

No. The problem is that *you* don't think anything is reasonable

We have thousands of reasonable gun laws on the books already

well, not in all states. which is why guns come from the south up into NYC

the system of background checks should be good enough to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, crazies, abusers and people on the terrorist watch list.

and perhaps the way to view it is this.... about 90% of the people in this country agree on the above parameters. should they be thwarted because the NRA gives money to the people responsible for the governance of our country?

You have repeatedly said you want gun store clerks in prison based on what their customers do with a gun, despite the clerk following all the federal, state and local laws, and despite the clerk having no way of knowing what the customer plans to do. That is not "reasonable". You want guns banned. At least have the balls to be honest about it.

Yes, that's what I'd like to see. I'd also like to see all the Mormons sent to a Cult Deprogramming Camp, but heck, I'm willing to be reasonable, unlike you guys.

You know, guys who apparently think that someone who can't get on an airliner because the FBI thinks he might be a terrorist, but he's totally free to buy an AR-15 and a 100 round clip like Joker Holmes and Omar Mateen did.

the system of background checks should be good enough to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, crazies, abusers and people on the terrorist watch list.

and perhaps the way to view it is this.... about 90% of the people in this country agree on the above parameters. should they be thwarted because the NRA gives money to the people responsible for the governance of our country?

"the system of background checks should be good enough to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, crazies, abusers and people on the terrorist watch list."

Would you say someone that steals a gun is a criminal?

"about 90% of the people in this country agree on the above parameters."

I don't give a fuck what they believe. Just like with the abortion issue I'm told to butt out of, I'll apply what you Liberals apply there. If you don't want a gun, don't buy one.

"the system of background checks should be good enough to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, crazies, abusers and people on the terrorist watch list."

Would you say someone that steals a gun is a criminal?

"about 90% of the people in this country agree on the above parameters."

I don't give a fuck what they believe. Just like with the abortion issue I'm told to butt out of, I'll apply what you Liberals apply there. If you don't want a gun, don't buy one.

so we should make murder legal since we can't stop all murders.

that is the most specious argument that NRA shills make.

I disagree with the watch list thing. One need not even commit a crime nor are they notified if some government hack places their name on a watch list.

No other right is predicated on such arbitrary conditions as the right to bear arms.

The fact is that gun crimes are committed by an extremely small percentage of the population. No law abiding gun owner is responsible for the bad acts of that extreme minority.

I like some of the laws in my state. For example my CCW permit allows me to buy any gun with no waiting period. I passed background checks to get that permit so it really is a waste of time and money to have to do a check every time I buy a gun

Banning specific guns or magazines IMO is nothing but a ridiculous knee jerk feel good reaction that will do nothing to stop the crimes they supposedly target

We need to target criminal behavior with extremely stiff and long sentences for gun crimes

THAT is the only gun control we need

God Blessed us with the Second Amendment and a Lifetime License to Carry...

upload_2016-8-30_6-54-30.png

No, what I'm saying is that a lot of those people saying their gun had been "stolen" had probably transferred it illegally. 75% of the traces found the original owner said the gun had been stolen, but the majority were not reported to police. Now, why would that be? If one of your guns were stolen, wouldn't you report it? Why wouldn't you?
I can't prove it would make it a difference unless it is tried, but if you were held responsible for a gun that left your possession without following the law, wouldn't you be more careful?

So we can hold a person liable if someone steals their car, drives drunk, and kills someone?

Criminal liability has to follow an act, and a desire to cause said act. Someone who has their gun stolen and doesn't report it doesn't have the desire for someone to go out and kill someone else with their stolen gun.

By Joey's logic, you should be able to prosecute the car dealer that sold you the car, if you use it to kill someone.

Ever notice all the hate the anti gunners show to the people who didn't use the gun to commit the crime.....? They want to just smash them......and only think of the actual trigger pullers as an after thought......they are really messed up in the head.....

They chastise someone like me that had a gun stolen from his LOCKED car that was sitting on PRIVATE PROPERTY. However, they say nothing about the thief that unlawfully went into that LOCKED car, while it was on PRIVATE PROPERTY, and took something that DIDN'T belong to him/her. Somehow they consider it my fault for not breaking the law and give a pass to the person that did, all the while, thinking background checks will stop things like that.

For some reason when it comes to firearms these people want to blame the law abiding person for the acts of criminals

I've yet to have any of those calling for what they say is "common sense" gun legislation tell me which law I broke or what type of background check the one that did by stealing my gun will go through for possessing that gun.

The fact is that gun crimes are committed by an extremely small percentage of the population. No law abiding gun owner is responsible for the bad acts of that extreme minority.

so what? Hey, only a small number of people who took Tylanol in 1986 died of cyanide poisoning, but they still recalled all the tylanol and put safety seals on them.

Only a few kids were killed by Lawn Darts, but they were banned.

so what? Hey, only a small number of people who took Tylanol in 1986 died of cyanide poisoning, but they still recalled all the tylanol and put safety seals on them.

Only a few kids were killed by Lawn Darts, but they were banned.

That's because the Tylenol ITSELF was tainted. Are you putting something that can't shoot itself on that same level? If you you, you're an idiot.

I've yet to have any of those calling for what they say is "common sense" gun legislation tell me which law I broke or what type of background check the one that did by stealing my gun will go through for possessing that gun.

As I recall, you said you left that gun in your car, which was pretty negligent on your part. so there's that.

Yet nothing about the person that stole it going into a LOCKED vehicle on PRIVATE PROPERTY taking something that DIDN'T belong to him/her , all of which are against the law. Just like I said. The law abiding person is wrong in Joe's eyes but the criminal is ignored.

Nothing reasonable about it coward.

sounds reasonable to me. Sounds reasonable to most people.

Polling | Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

• 74% of NRA members and 87% of non-NRA gun owners support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.2
A poll conducted in April 2012 found that 91% of respondents support background checks for gun purchasers.3

A February 2011 poll found that more than 83% of respondents in the five bellwether states of Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Virginia and Ohio, including more than 75% of gun owners, favor requiring all gun purchasers to pass a background check. Similarly, over 82% of poll respondents in these states, including more than 77% of gun owners, support requiring all sellers at gun shows to run background checks for all gun sales.4

That's because the Tylenol ITSELF was tainted. Are you putting something that can't shoot itself on that same level? If you you, you're an idiot.

Point was, until they could make it safe, they took it off the market. And it wasn't put back on the market until it was safe.

They didn't say, "Well, just seven people died, no problem"

Yet nothing about the person that stole it going into a LOCKED vehicle on PRIVATE PROPERTY taking something that DIDN'T , both of which are against the law

You have a point. As long as we let you g uys have LEGAL guns, crooks can steal them from you. so let's ban guns.

Oh. Wait. That's not where you were going, was it?

Nothing reasonable about it coward.

sounds reasonable to me. Sounds reasonable to most people.

Polling | Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

• 74% of NRA members and 87% of non-NRA gun owners support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.2
A poll conducted in April 2012 found that 91% of respondents support background checks for gun purchasers.3

A February 2011 poll found that more than 83% of respondents in the five bellwether states of Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Virginia and Ohio, including more than 75% of gun owners, favor requiring all gun purchasers to pass a background check. Similarly, over 82% of poll respondents in these states, including more than 77% of gun owners, support requiring all sellers at gun shows to run background checks for all gun sales.4

But you're an idiot. Sounds reasonable to me that if YOU think I shouldn't own a gun, YOU should come and try to get it. You've already proven you're a fucking coward in that aspect. Just like I told you, if there was something you had that I thought you shouldn't own, I'd take it and there isn't a damn thing you could do about it but whine like a little bitch.

As I recall, you said you left that gun in your car, which was pretty negligent on your part. so there's that.

Yet nothing about the person that stole it going into a LOCKED vehicle on PRIVATE PROPERTY taking something that DIDN'T belong to him/her , all of which are against the law. Just like I said. The law abiding person is wrong in Joe's eyes but the criminal is ignored.

A locked door only keeps an honest man out.

Point was, until they could make it safe, they took it off the market. And it wasn't put back on the market until it was safe.

They didn't say, "Well, just seven people died, no problem"

Yet nothing about the person that stole it going into a LOCKED vehicle on PRIVATE PROPERTY taking something that DIDN'T , both of which are against the law

You have a point. As long as we let you g uys have LEGAL guns, crooks can steal them from you. so let's ban guns.

Oh. Wait. That's not where you were going, was it?

The Tylenol itself could do that. Are you saying the gun can shoot itself?

A locked door only keeps an honest man out.

Seems you missed the point.

Forum List

Back