96 Percent of Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Are from Liberal Media Outlets

That one extra click is a muthafucka, I know.

I don't need to do the anaylsis. I don't use Google and I don't care if they slant their algorithims to liberal websites that are critical of Trump. I don't GAFF if Google searches for Trump go 150% to liberal sites who call him a Russian spy. They can do it, and people can use other search engines.

....funny that Liberals are fine with GOOGLE using the internet to influence our elections, JUST NOT THE RUSSIANS!!!!!

Which search engine do you feel presents a more balanced view of Trump?

If one is looking for NEWS SEARCHES that are more balanced, DRUDGE REPORT is one source..

MATT DRUDGE is a "NEVER TRUMPER" and a CONSERVATIVE, so he puts bad stuff about Trump on his site, but also posts the good things going on with the economy and Trump's policies because Druge is happy that America is doing well.

That is one alternative source to GOOGLE NEWS that I would suggets ot get well rounded coverage.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

DAILY WIRE has good news.

Daily Wire

Those are some additonal sites to I would suggest viewing if you have only been getting your news through GOOGLE NEWS.

None of them are from liberal news outlets

They are from credible news organizations with long histories of professional journalism

... from "professional journalists" that attended a private dinner at John Podesta's house to discuss strategy for handling Hillary Clinton's upcoming announcement to run for President and her subsequent campaign.
BS

We agree on the larger issue, it just seems we have a small agreement on how to get there.

I advocate to enforce laws on the books, and if they are bad laws, they should be changed. We shouldn't pick and choose which laws to enforce because we like or don't liek them.

This can and DOES lead to trouble.

A seaman takes a selfie in a nuclear sub and does time for mishandling classified information.

Hillary mishandles MANY classified documents and nothing happens to her.

Same laws, different application. DANGEROUS territory.

There is no reason for me to disagree with your desires. Sorry, if I think it is foolish to expect government to ever apply laws equally. It is dangerous territory, but I am not waiting for government to fix the mess it has made (that would be kind of silly at the concept stage in my humble opinion).

Business just has to find a way to stay ahead of the curve, and government will always be behind the ball trying to fix yesterday.

I'm with you....the consumer is powerful. If you don't liek a company, don't give them your business.

I am not saying there are any companies that are violating the Sherman act at this time, by the way.

I don't need to do the anaylsis. I don't use Google and I don't care if they slant their algorithims to liberal websites that are critical of Trump. I don't GAFF if Google searches for Trump go 150% to liberal sites who call him a Russian spy. They can do it, and people can use other search engines.

....funny that Liberals are fine with GOOGLE using the internet to influence our elections, JUST NOT THE RUSSIANS!!!!!

If one is looking for NEWS SEARCHES that are more balanced, DRUDGE REPORT is one source..

MATT DRUDGE is a "NEVER TRUMPER" and a CONSERVATIVE, so he puts bad stuff about Trump on his site, but also posts the good things going on with the economy and Trump's policies because Druge is happy that America is doing well.

That is one alternative source to GOOGLE NEWS that I would suggets ot get well rounded coverage.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Daily Wire

Those are some additonal sites to I would suggest viewing if you have only been getting your news through GOOGLE NEWS.
Why not Breitbart?

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Daily Wire

Those aren't search engines. Do you know what a search engine is?

So you're upset that liberal media sources are better at SEO?

Product placement has never actually been a fair indicator of quality, and more closely represents a mutually beneficial arrangement between the vendor and the manufacturer, rather than any real concern for the consumer.

Right....

Are you saying that XYZ outlets being on the first page of search results is not an indicator that they are better at SEO? Is that the quality you are talking about? If so, you're an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It's the act of optimizing a web page, and the overall site, to rank well in search engine results.

You would be correct that a better ranking in Google results does not necessarily imply a better quality of news reporting. It does, however, imply better quality SEO. Or--perhaps it would be more accurate to say it implies better SEA (search engine attraction). Google gave up on providing quality search engine results a long time ago, now more interested in providing high volume low quality results that overwhelm the user, thereby encouraging users to click the top "results" (i.e. ads), while also drive an increased reliance on advertising by businesses and websites who can no longer rely on organic search traffic. Part of that strategy is for Google to prioritize large, well known companies whose public awareness and brand recognition for whom lost organic search wouldn't matter much (thus, they have little incentive to use Google advertising to replace that lost traffic). Google passes this off with the ideas of domain authority and reputation. The full details aren't known, but generally speaking it boils down to large websites that receive high traffic, have been established for a long time, and are generally well known in the public. Sites and businesses that most need the organic search (and may have far more relevant content to offer the user) are buried underneath those sites that aren't going to pay for advertising anyway. Since adopting this approach about a decade ago, Google's profits have gone through the roof.

Google rationalizes this by saying that prioritizing the largest, most popular websites and businesses, they are providing "safer" results to users because users can already have a good idea of what they are getting if they click on that result. It's really just about profit. Google's algorithms are pretty big and constantly changing, and word has it that for proprietary reasons nobody has access to the whole picture, except for an exclusive handful of high ranking individuals whom you could count on one hand. So, inserting a substantive political bias would be difficult. There is a degree of direct human evaluation that's involved, which could yield subjective results based on some individuals' biases. But at the end of the day, the old fashioned profit motive is 100 times more effective at explaining this whole thing.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Daily Wire

Those are places that search news sources worldwide with their own algorithims, just like GOOGLE NEWS.

Why does it have to be a "SEARCH ENGINE" to get news?

We are tlaking about getting even cross sectional news.

I don't GAF if they are "SEARCH ENGINES" or not.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, but I am glad I didn't help you.

Right....

Are you saying that XYZ outlets being on the first page of search results is not an indicator that they are better at SEO? Is that the quality you are talking about? If so, you're an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It's the act of optimizing a web page, and the overall site, to rank well in search engine results.

You would be correct that a better ranking in Google results does not necessarily imply a better quality of news reporting. It does, however, imply better quality SEO. Or--perhaps it would be more accurate to say it implies better SEA (search engine attraction). Google gave up on providing quality search engine results a long time ago, now more interested in providing high volume low quality results that overwhelm the user, thereby encouraging users to click the top "results" (i.e. ads), while also drive an increased reliance on advertising by businesses and websites who can no longer rely on organic search traffic. Part of that strategy is for Google to prioritize large, well known companies whose public awareness and brand recognition for whom lost organic search wouldn't matter much (thus, they have little incentive to use Google advertising to replace that lost traffic). Google passes this off with the ideas of domain authority and reputation. The full details aren't known, but generally speaking it boils down to large websites that receive high traffic, have been established for a long time, and are generally well known in the public. Sites and businesses that most need the organic search (and may have far more relevant content to offer the user) are buried underneath those sites that aren't going to pay for advertising anyway. Since adopting this approach about a decade ago, Google's profits have gone through the roof.

Google rationalizes this by saying that prioritizing the largest, most popular websites and businesses, they are providing "safer" results to users because users can already have a good idea of what they are getting if they click on that result. It's really just about profit. Google's algorithms are pretty big and constantly changing, and word has it that for proprietary reasons nobody has access to the whole picture, except for an exclusive handful of high ranking individuals whom you could count on one hand. So, inserting a substantive political bias would be difficult. There is a degree of direct human evaluation that's involved, which could yield subjective results based on some individuals' biases. But at the end of the day, the old fashioned profit motive is 100 times more effective at explaining this whole thing.

Not at all goofball. I am saying that because some odd million more people buy McDonalds hamburgers in a day, in no way means McDonald's makes better hamburgers than Three Oaks Bar and Grill. Sorry if you got confused over my precise wording in identifying quality over quantity. :21:

I wasn't commenting on search engine optimization to any degree other than the fact it has nothing to do with the quality. It's just product placement and self promoting by location alone. From a business sense, someone picking up a product in front of them only makes sense. From a political sense, to assume that someone who clicks on an article at the top of the list, agrees with a single word printed therein, is convenient but less than accurate.

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Daily Wire

Those are places that search news sources worldwide with their own algorithims, just like GOOGLE NEWS.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, but I am glad I didn't help you.

If I ask you what your favorite kind of car is and you tell me a Schwinn bicycle, don't act like they're the same thing. You do know that a bicycle is not a car, right?

This 10000000000000%.
If you are a conservative, you should NOT be using Google.
At least try DUCK DUCK GO or anything else....just make sure Google hasn't bought them out.
duckduckgo.com

Yep.

Posted an indepth thread on this over a year ago...got zero attention.
Glad to see the right is finally beginning to see the light.

Govoogle is probably one of the biggest threats around today. Farcebook is up there with it.
The tentacles of Govoogle extend into everything you do on the internet. Everything.
They keep a massive data center (partly conjoined with US data center in Utah) to track every bit of data you ever enter online.
The complexity of this data gathering would scare the shit out of most people (except the leftist zombies).

Amazing how NOONE puts 2 and 2 together and figures out exactly why liberal organizations like Govoogle and Farcebook got so big while thousands of other similar and perhaps better search engines and social networking sites didn't. It DEFINITELY tain't because Schmidt or Zuckerberg are such brilliant people.

Maybe in due time....a few more years maybe.

Last edited:
If only there was some sort of other search engine one could use? If only...

This 10000000000000%.

At least try DUCK DUCK GO or anything else....just make sure Google hasn't bought them out.

duckduckgo.com
So you 'Conservatives' do have alternatives. So what the fuck is the orange turd crying about this time? What you ass kissers of Putin crying about? Go to those alternatives. Maintain your willful ignorance, I am sure you enjoy it.

If only there was some sort of other search engine one could use? If only...

This 10000000000000%.

duckduckgo.com
So you 'Conservatives' do have alternatives. So what the fuck is the orange turd crying about this time? What you ass kissers of Putin crying about? Go to those alternatives. Maintain your willful ignorance, I am sure you enjoy it.

Calm yourself lib, Trump is doing the country a favor by pointing out how biased the left is.

Amazing how NOONE puts 2 and 2 together and figure out exactly why liberal organizations like Govoogle and Farcebook got so big while thousands of other similar and perhaps better search engines and social networking sites didn't.

Maybe in due time....a few more years maybe.

Again, Facebook and Google are voluntary services, and they do explain what they do with your information. The fact so many people agree to let them use their information (most of whom don't have a clue what they agreed to), is what provides value to companies that want to use that information, and they'll pay for it. Advertising on a billboard no one sees because it is cheaper, would be kind of foolish as well.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Daily Wire

If I ask you what your favorite kind of car is and you tell me a Schwinn bicycle, don't act like they're the same thing. You do know that a bicycle is not a car, right?

I already posted the search engine that I like earlier in the thread. I can't help you beyond that. I am under no obligation to answer you any more than I did.

Enjoy.

There's still some of us who know the difference.
It takes literally seconds to drill down on a site for the source, authors and the credentials.
But Trumpanzees are too fucking lazy.

If you think someone's credentials means they are less interested in expressing their opinion, then I would put you in the group that cannot recognize the difference (not to suggest it changed the group I already associated you with).

Expressing an opinion and reporting verifiable facts are two different things.
Something you obviously can't grasp.

96 Percent of Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Are from Liberal Media Outlets

Is Google manipulating its algorithm to prioritize left-leaning news outlets in their coverage of President Trump? It sure looks that way based on recent search results for news on the president.

Conservatives and Trump supporters have for the last several years questioned whether Google was deprioritizing conservative news sites, hiding them from users who utilize their search engine. Google has maintained that all outlets are treated fairly, but nevertheless, conservative sites have reported reduced search traffic and, in the case of Google-owned YouTube, content creators have been banned and demonetized. Google's high-profile firing of conservative James Damore, purportedly over his conservative political views, only reinforces the idea that Google is picking winners and losers.
Ive noticed this shit on Youtube as well. Type "racist black man" in their search engine and it produces shitloads of videos about racist white people. Its kind of weird.

That's exactly what I meant, and your desire to inform me of what I already said only indicates you are the one that seems to be failing at grasping something. :21:

Search engines don't sell advertising and make money unless people find what they are looking for and quickly.
Trump's sociopathy allows him to think Google is skewing results that are negative about him.
Google has always had much stricter advertising policies than Facebook.
I've utilized their AdWords system for my clients for over 15 years and it's difficult to get an approval on an ad.
Facebook was raped by the Russians and the stupid fucking doofus Zuckerberg let it happen.

That's exactly what I meant, and your desire to inform me of what I already said only indicates you are the one that seems to be failing at grasping something. :21:

What you said was word salad.
Is there an emoji for that?

Forum List

Back