96 Percent of Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Are from Liberal Media Outlets

If only there was some sort of other search engine one could use? If only...

This 10000000000000%.

If you are a conservative, you should NOT be using Google.

At least try DUCK DUCK GO or anything else....just make sure Google hasn't bought them out.

duckduckgo.com
I think mdk was being sarcastic. I use duckduckgo as my default SE. Everyone should know that Google builds a profile of you and gives top priority to what they think you want.

No, I am being quite serious. Take your business elsewhere if you think a service or business is treating you and people like you unfairly.

If only there was some sort of other search engine one could use? If only...

This 10000000000000%.

If you are a conservative, you should NOT be using Google.

At least try DUCK DUCK GO or anything else....just make sure Google hasn't bought them out.

duckduckgo.com
I think mdk was being sarcastic. I use duckduckgo as my default SE. Everyone should know that Google builds a profile of you and gives top priority to what they think you want.

No, I am being quite serious. Take your business elsewhere if you think a service or business is treating you and people like you unfairly.

Liberals prefer the government do everything for them, it seems.

I prefer to leave people alone and exercise my rights as a consumer to give my hard earned money to businesses that I like and trust.

96 Percent of Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Are from Liberal Media Outlets

Is Google manipulating its algorithm to prioritize left-leaning news outlets in their coverage of President Trump? It sure looks that way based on recent search results for news on the president.

Conservatives and Trump supporters have for the last several years questioned whether Google was deprioritizing conservative news sites, hiding them from users who utilize their search engine. Google has maintained that all outlets are treated fairly, but nevertheless, conservative sites have reported reduced search traffic and, in the case of Google-owned YouTube, content creators have been banned and demonetized. Google's high-profile firing of conservative James Damore, purportedly over his conservative political views, only reinforces the idea that Google is picking winners and losers.

I think the answer is that liberal sites post far more Trump stories than conservative sites.

For example I just checked that MSNBC.com has 8 stories on their home page with the top story being on trump.
Fox only has 2, which are the 11th and 15th from the top.

It seems that liberal sites print more on trump's idiocies while conservative sites don't print them at all.

How is that analysis going?

It looks like yor liberal friends in the media have you believing that FAX NEWS is the only conservative media outlet in existence.

Check these sites and conduct the same analysis.

Governmet should not regulate Google. If people don't like Google, they should stop using it.

The only government oversight should be if GOOGLE is deemed a MONOPOLY under the SHERMAN ANTITRUST ACT OF 1890.

...like was done with AT&T and with MICROSOFT.

The government case against Microsoft in 2001 HELPED LEAD TO APPLE'S METEORIC RISE. They had one foot in the grave at that point.

I'm not in favor of the government doing anything as far as regulating the internet. Here's what happens when the government gets involved.

The government sued Microsoft over having a monopoly. As part of the settlement it required Microsoft to provide some state and federal facilities with hardware and software free of charge. Since the major competitor at the time offered software that didn't work with Microsoft, all that part of the settlement did was ensure the facilities that were provided with free gear, were stuck buying Microsoft for future purchases, thus accomplishing the exact opposite of injuring the monopoly in that sense.

Apple grew more out of rebranding and marketing that allowed Apple users to believe they were superior to Microsoft users, just because they were using Apple. That's what made comments earlier about search engine results dependent on count, kind of funny. Apple used the fact most people didn't own Apple computers, and the fact viruses were tailored to attack Microsoft (because damn near everyone was using Microsoft), as a selling point. :21:

Not to be confused with suggesting the government is capable of accomplishing anything without making a bigger mess. Business is not politics, unless politics wants to stick its nose in business, at which point business will use whatever it can to make it profitable.

Is Google manipulating its algorithm to prioritize left-leaning news outlets in their coverage of President Trump? It sure looks that way based on recent search results for news on the president.

Conservatives and Trump supporters have for the last several years questioned whether Google was deprioritizing conservative news sites, hiding them from users who utilize their search engine. Google has maintained that all outlets are treated fairly, but nevertheless, conservative sites have reported reduced search traffic and, in the case of Google-owned YouTube, content creators have been banned and demonetized. Google's high-profile firing of conservative James Damore, purportedly over his conservative political views, only reinforces the idea that Google is picking winners and losers.

Another blog....your link goes to a blog. Not a legitimate news outlet.
Why can't you dingbats discern between journalism and gossip?

I think the answer is that liberal sites post far more Trump stories than conservative sites.

For example I just checked that MSNBC.com has 8 stories on their home page with the top story being on trump.
Fox only has 2, which are the 11th and 15th from the top.

It seems that liberal sites print more on trump's idiocies while conservative sites don't print them at all.

How is that analysis going?

It looks like yor liberal friends in the media have you believing that FAX NEWS is the only conservative media outlet in existence.

Check these sites and conduct the same analysis.

I checked TruthRevolt and found 3 trump stories out of 18 on their home page. The list you have is all from wiki and are not direct links to the actual site. You are welcome to perform the analysis.

Governmet should not regulate Google. If people don't like Google, they should stop using it.

The only government oversight should be if GOOGLE is deemed a MONOPOLY under the SHERMAN ANTITRUST ACT OF 1890.

...like was done with AT&T and with MICROSOFT.

The government case against Microsoft in 2001 HELPED LEAD TO APPLE'S METEORIC RISE. They had one foot in the grave at that point.

I'm not in favor of the government doing anything as far as regulating the internet. Here's what happens when the government gets involved.

The government sued Microsoft over having a monopoly. As part of the settlement it required Microsoft to provide some state and federal facilities with hardware and software free of charge. Since the major competitor at the time offered software that didn't work with Microsoft, all that part of the settlement did was ensure the facilities that were provided with free gear, were stuck buying Microsoft for future purchases, thus accomplishing the exact opposite of injuring the monopoly in that sense.

Apple grew more out of rebranding and marketing that allowed Apple users to believe they were superior to Microsoft users, just because they were using Apple. That's what made comments earlier about search engine results dependent on count, kind of funny. Apple used the fact most people didn't own Apple computers, and the fact viruses were tailored to attack Microsoft (because damn near everyone was using Microsoft), as a selling point. :21:

Not to be confused with suggesting the government is capable of accomplishing anything without making a bigger mess. Business is not politics, unless politics wants to stick its nose in business, at which point business will use whatever it can to make it profitable.

So you would like to repeal the Sherman Anti-Trust act of 1890.

I feel you. You should start a campaign.

I am fine with the Sherman Act, what I don't want at all is government dictating content of internet websites. That is some dangerous shit.

If YOUTUBE wants to BAN ALEX JONES, THAT IS THEIR RIGHT.

If DAILY WIRE wants to do nothing but bash Hillary, THAT IS THEIR RIGHT.

NO GUBMINT.

That one extra click is a muthafucka, I know.

I don't need to do the anaylsis. I don't use Google and I don't care if they slant their algorithims to liberal websites that are critical of Trump. I don't GAFF if Google searches for Trump go 150% to liberal sites who call him a Russian spy. They can do it, and people can use other search engines.

....funny that Liberals are fine with GOOGLE using the internet to influence our elections, JUST NOT THE RUSSIANS!!!!!

Most likely because there is really little difference between the two nowadays.

There's still some of us who know the difference.
It takes literally seconds to drill down on a site for the source, authors and the credentials.
But Trumpanzees are too fucking lazy.

That's not exactly my point, but I can understand why you could come to that conclusion. It's most probably the idea that everything has to be a struggle, when in reality it doesn't. Even if you want to suggest it is necessary to struggle with government (just because I don't like government), that's just not the case. Business is a different principle than politics, with different objectives. Adaptation and innovation will always overcome regulation and limitation. Government can make things more difficult, but in a sense they have just created greater obstacles to overcome.

I don't so much have a problem with the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890, as I realize it's 2018 and don't have to violate the Sherman Act to achieve my business goals.

It takes literally seconds to drill down on a site for the source, authors and the credentials.

If you think someone's credentials means they are less interested in expressing their opinion, then I would put you in the group that cannot recognize the difference (not to suggest it changed the group I already associated you with).

None of them are from liberal news outlets

They are from credible news organizations with long histories of professional journalism

Most likely because there is really little difference between the two nowadays.

Obamonkeys do?

NOPE.

I advocate all the time on here to go to source data and not to be sheep.

That's not exactly my point, but I can understand why you could come to that conclusion. It's most probably the idea that everything has to be a struggle, when in reality it doesn't. Even if you want to suggest it is necessary to struggle with government (just because I don't like government), that's just not the case. Business is a different principle than politics, with different objectives. Adaptation and innovation will always overcome regulation and limitation. Government can make things more difficult, but in a sense they have just created greater obstacles to overcome.

I don't so much have a problem with the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890, as I realize it's 2018 and don't have to violate the Sherman Act to achieve my business goals.

We agree on the larger issue, it just seems we have a small disagreement on how to get there.

I advocate to enforce laws on the books, and if they are bad laws, they should be changed. We shouldn't pick and choose which laws to enforce because we like or don't liek them.

This can and DOES lead to trouble.

A seaman takes a selfie in a nuclear sub and does time for mishandling classified information.

Hillary mishandles MANY classified documents and nothing happens to her.

Same laws, different application. DANGEROUS territory.

None of them are from liberal news outlets

They are from credible news organizations with long histories of professional journalism

... from "professional journalists" that attended a private dinner at John Podesta's house to discuss strategy for handling Hillary Clinton's upcoming announcement to run for President and her subsequent campaign.

Last edited:

You mean tell the truth.

That one extra click is a muthafucka, I know.

I don't need to do the anaylsis. I don't use Google and I don't care if they slant their algorithims to liberal websites that are critical of Trump. I don't GAFF if Google searches for Trump go 150% to liberal sites who call him a Russian spy. They can do it, and people can use other search engines.

....funny that Liberals are fine with GOOGLE using the internet to influence our elections, JUST NOT THE RUSSIANS!!!!!

Which search engine do you feel presents a more balanced view of Trump?

We agree on the larger issue, it just seems we have a small agreement on how to get there.

I advocate to enforce laws on the books, and if they are bad laws, they should be changed. We shouldn't pick and choose which laws to enforce because we like or don't liek them.

This can and DOES lead to trouble.

A seaman takes a selfie in a nuclear sub and does time for mishandling classified information.

Hillary mishandles MANY classified documents and nothing happens to her.

Same laws, different application. DANGEROUS territory.

There is no reason for me to disagree with your desires. Sorry, if I think it is foolish to expect government to ever apply laws equally. It is dangerous territory, but I am not waiting for government to fix the mess it has made (that would be kind of silly at the concept stage in my humble opinion).

Business just has to find a way to stay ahead of the curve, and government will always be behind the ball trying to fix yesterday.

Forum List

Back