🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

97% of scientist agreed a random asteroid killed the Dinosaurs

So what scientists was Kerry talking about?

"It is already upon us and its effects are being felt worldwide, right now," he wrote. "Scientists project that the Arctic will be ice-free in the summer of 2013. Not in 2050, but four years from now. Make no mistake: catastrophic climate change represents a threat to human security, global stability, and — yes — even to American national security.

Secretary of State Kerry was quite right about the seriousness of the looming threat of 'catastrophic climate change' to our country and the whole world. However, he is a politician, not a climate scientist, and sometimes he repeats information he was given without including all of the details, nuances, and context....and perhaps without the precision that a scientist would have used.

He was basing his remarks on a fairly recent (at the time) study by a team of Arctic scientists led by Professor Wieslaw Maslowski at the Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey, California. That study said there was a good possibility of a largely ice-free-in-summertime Arctic happening by 2016 plus or minus three years. Worst case scenario was that it might be ice free by the end of the summer melt season by 2013. The team's research was funded by the Department of Energy (DOE), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). A paper by principal investigator Professor Maslowski in the Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences sets out some of the findings of the research project:

"Given the estimated trend and the volume estimate for October–November of 2007 at less than 9,000 km3, one can project that at this rate it would take only 9 more years or until 2016 ± 3 years to reach a nearly ice-free Arctic Ocean in summer. Regardless of high uncertainty associated with such an estimate, it does provide a lower bound of the time range for projections of seasonal sea ice cover."
Well then. It would seem that Mr Kerry should learn to keep his mouth shut then.
All in all, I would say that he seems to be much, much more accurate and in touch with reality than you are, judging by your BS posts.

Kerry is an idiot. Not to mention a coward and a traitor.
And you served where? Do you even have a dd214? Or are you another coward like Cheney and Limbaugh that believe they are too good to serve their nation.
I served for five years. I went to boot camp at Great Lakes. Graduated A-school third in my class. Got to pick my duty station. USS Missouri, stationed in Long Beach, CA. I was a gunners mate. I worked in Turret number three, then transferred to turret two, after a few years.

And why are you even asking me this? Didn't Kerry desert his troops in combat?

John Kerry is a craven opportunist who abandoned his men Vietnam, stabbed them in the back once he got home – and has waged his own personal war against the U.S. military ever since he left Vietnam" more than 30 years ago, according to Vietnam veteran James B. Taylor, chairman of Veterans Against Kerry.

a lifetime of anti-war protests and a Senate voting record that is shockingly anti-military

And you defend this POS?

As clearly demonstrated here, John Kerry is incredibly smarter, immeasurably braver and a far, far better American than you could ever dream of being.

Anthropogenic global warming is a fact. Climate change denial is ignorant, fringe nonsense, rapidly disappearing as the continuously growing mountain of evidence reveals your bigoted stupidity and sends you, in abject embarrassment, scurrying under the slimy rocks from whence you came.
look dude, if Anthropogenic is such a fact, why can't you merely post one. Show us that human CO2 is doing anything. let's see this fact.

Or did you mean to say that since humans use cars and heat their homes, that there just has to be CO2 in the atmosphere as a result? Is that what your facts are?

Secretary of State Kerry was quite right about the seriousness of the looming threat of 'catastrophic climate change' to our country and the whole world. However, he is a politician, not a climate scientist, and sometimes he repeats information he was given without including all of the details, nuances, and context....and perhaps without the precision that a scientist would have used.

He was basing his remarks on a fairly recent (at the time) study by a team of Arctic scientists led by Professor Wieslaw Maslowski at the Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey, California. That study said there was a good possibility of a largely ice-free-in-summertime Arctic happening by 2016 plus or minus three years. Worst case scenario was that it might be ice free by the end of the summer melt season by 2013. The team's research was funded by the Department of Energy (DOE), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). A paper by principal investigator Professor Maslowski in the Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences sets out some of the findings of the research project:

"Given the estimated trend and the volume estimate for October–November of 2007 at less than 9,000 km3, one can project that at this rate it would take only 9 more years or until 2016 ± 3 years to reach a nearly ice-free Arctic Ocean in summer. Regardless of high uncertainty associated with such an estimate, it does provide a lower bound of the time range for projections of seasonal sea ice cover."
Well then. It would seem that Mr Kerry should learn to keep his mouth shut then.
All in all, I would say that he seems to be much, much more accurate and in touch with reality than you are, judging by your BS posts.

Your anti-science denier cult myths about what Sec. Kerry said and why he said it were thoroughly debunked, so now you are trying to change the subject and avoid confronting the fraudulent nature of your denier cult delusions by insulting someone far more intelligent and honorable than you'll ever be. Pathetic.
those Kerry remarks were debunked? where, I know you didn't do that just now, so where's your evidence fool?
I guess post #17 was just too far beyond your very meager level of comprehension, JustCrazy. Better luck (growing a functioning brain) next time (like next life-time!).
I'm sorry, but I don't see where his remarks were debunked. Could you perhaps quote them here, just the ones that debunk his comments. See he made the comments. You providing some explanation as to why Kerry may have said them doesn't debunk shit.

He said it, now show me where he was miss quoted.

Still not sure what that has to do with dinosaurs.

Last edited:

Your anti-science denier cult myths about what Sec. Kerry said and why he said it were thoroughly debunked, so now you are trying to change the subject and avoid confronting the fraudulent nature of your denier cult delusions by insulting someone far more intelligent and honorable than you'll ever be. Pathetic.
those Kerry remarks were debunked? where, I know you didn't do that just now, so where's your evidence fool?
I guess post #17 was just too far beyond your very meager level of comprehension, JustCrazy. Better luck (growing a functioning brain) next time (like next life-time!).
I'm sorry, but I don't see where his remarks were debunked. Could you perhaps quote them here, just the ones that debunk his comments. See he made the comments. You providing some explanation as to why Kerry may have said them doesn't debunk shit.

He said it, now show me where he was miss quoted.

Still not sure what that has to do with dinosaurs.
As the article I cited showed, Sec. Kerry used the worst case date, 2013, from a prediction that said the Arctic would probably be effectively ice free at the end of the summer melt season by 2016, plus or minus three years....so this one science team's prediction has until 2019 before it is invalidated. Most climate science Arctic predictions figured it would happen by 2030 or later.

Forum List

Back