A 45 million year record of Arctic sea temperatures and ice melt

that's a flat out lie, it is you who is only concerned with what hits close to home. Otherwise, you'd be after China. You fkers lie so much I'm amazed you're breathing.
The biggest polluters have lobbyists to pay Republicans to lie about the dangers of

cigarettes
Lead
Global warming

They don't want to be sued. Or they don't want to pay to go green.

Corporations only care about profit. NOT the environment.

Are you claiming that we had data accurate to a tenth of a degree in 1850????
didn't you know the internet existed back then?? they also had spreadsheets and data sets that they utilized to determine average temps. shit dude, the fact we don't have better datasets after thousands of years of doing this is truly amazing. These climate fks really suck at their jobs.

Everywhere. Especially the major cities where we have a lot of industry and cars putting up pollution.

I live in the suburbs. 30 minutes away in the city the air quality isn't as good. And it's about 3 degrees warmer. That's where cancer comes from. They say.
really, Where's that data?

That's the funny thing. We hear Republicans on TV say global warming isn't real. A
actually we argue that you can't prove it. We're still waiting. All we hear about is CO2. and then you can't explain how hot 120 PPM of CO2 is. We're still waiting. Why don't you schmucks ever follow through with your shit?

The biggest polluters have lobbyists to pay Republicans to lie about the dangers of

cigarettes
Lead
Global warming

They don't want to be sued. Or they don't want to pay to go green.

Corporations only care about profit. NOT the environment.
the biggest polluters are not close to home and you ignore them. So, hold your posts until you address that.

they care about following regulations and making money. Are you suggesting that's abnormal?

Let me give you an example. You make an ice cream but you know it's going to kill 5 people. They will sue you for $1 million each but you will make $20 million profit. So you will make $15 million. But 5 people will die. A human wouldn't sell the ice cream. A corporation will.

The car companies do it all the time. They know there is a flaw in their vehicle that will kill x amount of people. If x isn't big enough, they'll ignore the defect. If a recall will cost them more, they won't do it.

And this is why Tom Delay got into politics. The government shut his pesticide business down because it killed too many people or was too dangerous. Republicans are like corporations. They don't really care about human life. Not as much as they do money. That's why we have governments and regulations in place.

Let me give you an example. You make an ice cream but you know it's going to kill 5 people. They will sue you for $1 million each but you will make $20 million profit. So you will make $15 million. But 5 people will die. A human wouldn't sell the ice cream. A corporation will.

The car companies do it all the time. They know there is a flaw in their vehicle that will kill x amount of people. If x isn't big enough, they'll ignore the defect. If a recall will cost them more, they won't do it.

And this is why Tom Delay got into politics. The government shut his pesticide business down because it killed too many people or was too dangerous. Republicans are like corporations. They don't really care about human life. Not as much as they do money. That's why we have governments and regulations in place.
Why should anyone make anything? You can choke on any food and die, stop all food!! It’s amazing to me how much a dumbass like you can create scenarios that aren’t real life

A new study uses AI and machine learning to examine data from archaean lipid membranes providing surface temperature, CO2 levels and oxygen isotope content correlation over the past 45 million years.

ABSTRACT
Cenozoic evolution of the Antarctic ice sheets is thought to be driven primarily by long-term changes in radiative forcing, but the tectonic evolution of Antarctica may also have played a substantive role. While deep-sea foraminiferal oxygen isotope records provide a combined measure of global continental ice volume and ocean temperature, they do not provide direct insights into non-radiative influences on Antarctic Ice Sheet dynamics. Here we present an Antarctic compilation of Cenozoic upper-ocean temperature for the Ross Sea and offshore Wilkes Land, generated by membrane lipid distributions from archaea. We find trends of ocean temperature, atmospheric carbon dioxide and oxygen isotopes largely co-vary. However, this relationship is less clear for the late Oligocene, when high-latitude cooling occurred despite interpretation of oxygen isotopes suggesting global warming and ice-volume loss. We propose this retreat of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet occurred in response to a tectonically driven marine transgression, with warm surface waters precluding marine-based ice-sheet growth. Marine ice-sheet expansion occurred only when ocean temperatures further cooled during the Oligocene–Miocene transition, with cold orbital conditions and low atmospheric carbon dioxide. Our results support a threshold response to atmospheric carbon dioxide, below which Antarctica’s marine ice sheets grow, and above which ocean warming exacerbates their retreat. "

Climatic and tectonic drivers of late Oligocene Antarctic ice volume - Nature Geoscience (Sorry, but this is a Nature Geoscience paywall)

This study supports the earlier study finding a high likelihood that CO2 levels above 400 ppm are likely to completely eliminate the Antarctic ice shelves which will lead to massively increased glacial ice sheet loss and large rises in sea levels.
ScreenShot_20220827114044.png

that's a flat out lie, it is you who is only concerned with what hits close to home. Otherwise, you'd be after China. You fkers lie so much I'm amazed you're breathing.
Oh, because China sucks The gop gets a pass on poluttling the earth. Got it.

Oh, because China sucks The gop gets a pass on poluttling the earth. Got it.
He thinks he's smart. I tried explaining to him that companies don't care about human life. All they care about is profit. I gave him an analogy and it completely went over his head. The questions he came back with tell me either he's being obtuse or he is a complete utter dope.

He thinks he's smart. I tried explaining to him that companies don't care about human life. All they care about is profit. I gave him an analogy and it completely went over his head. The questions he came back with tell me either he's being obtuse or he is a complete utter dope.
I’ll go with the dope explanation.

Why should anyone make anything? You can choke on any food and die, stop all food!! It’s amazing to me how much a dumbass like you can create scenarios that aren’t real life
This has to be the dumbest reply. You're not even trying are you? You're just responding back quickly. Probably involved in 10 threads at one time. Flinging poop hoping something sticks.

Oh, and I did create a real life scenario. You're so uneducated you don't realize that corporations have legal teams and they weigh the risk of having a defective product. If they think only a few people will get hurt from it enough to sue them, they won't do a recall. They'll just let the few people die and settle with each victim's family out of court.

But if their product was going to injure or kill hundreds of people or thousands, they'll do the recall. Human life has nothing to do with it. It's the costs. They would allow 1000 to die too if they benefits outweighed the cost.

It has nothing to do with don't eat the food or don't buy the car. You have no clue it's coming. You're just an innocent consumer. Oh well. Caveat emptor is your motto right?

Forum List

Back