🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Is it that you think He was illiterate, or that He didn't take the time to pen letters proclaiming His abilities?
He read in the Temple. He was writing on the stones of the Temple walkway when approached by the Priests.
Perhaps He was too busy teaching and healing to sit down at a desk.

And then there is the fact that He knew He didn't need to write His words down:

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away
Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away
Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away

If he wasn't about His Father's business, He was sleeping. Maybe you think He should have done more...
So then why not write his own scriptures?

Why is the NT not written by the the ultimate source?

If god felt the need to walk the earth as Jesus it must have been because people were doing something wrong and he wanted to tell them so why not just write it down?

It makes no sense that an all knowing all powerful god would have to rely on word of mouth

Sorry, that's incorrect.
Evangelicals know salvation is obtained through Christ's work on the cross. There is nothing we can add to the work Jesus did to exchange His pure record for our sinful one. So that is your first misconception. The second is why evangelicals preach the Gospel. It is because Christ asked us to spread the good news about the redemption He offered up on the cross and that He lives.
And the 3rd misconception you have is that we convert people. That is the job of the Holy Spirit. We just point out the way...
Exactly god asked you to do it.

What happens if you refuse to do it?

Catholic was the original, Peter was the first pope...

Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom of heaven in Matthew 16:19

The eastern Orthodox was the first split

Martin Luther was the second major split

Peter was not the first pope, Peter did not found the Catholic church.

Still part of the setting. There was a great flood where people died. Setting. What was going on with the people both before they died and with those who survived? What changed? What remained the same?
Identify the setting. What was the justification for mass slaughter?

I thought the original version was that humans were serving the gods and became too numerous and too noisy.
Genesis chapter 6 gives four reasons why God sent the Flood:

1. ‘The wickedness of man was great in the earth’ (v. 5).
2. ‘Every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually’ (v. 5).
3. ‘The earth was filled with violence’ (v. 11).
4. ‘The earth…was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth’ (v. 12). (All the people on earth had corrupted their way.)

IOW god was mad at his children

Genesis chapter 6 gives four reasons why God sent the Flood:

1. ‘The wickedness of man was great in the earth’ (v. 5).
2. ‘Every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually’ (v. 5).
3. ‘The earth was filled with violence’ (v. 11).
4. ‘The earth…was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth’ (v. 12). (All the people on earth had corrupted their way.)

IOW god was mad at his children
The story evolved over time from a Samarian story set in the Euphrates river basin. The king hauled livestock, beer and grain downriver.

The story evolved over time from a Samarian story set in the Euphrates river basin. The king hauled livestock, beer and grain downriver.
Nothing new almost every ancient culture has a flood story.

This is just one more reason not to think that the bible has any divine meaning

An example of mass slaughter?

The flood fable.
In which, as always, God provided an escape. For over 100 years, people could see the ark being built. They knew Noah, they heard him give the warnings and they ignored them.

In which, as always, God provided an escape. For over 100 years, people could see the ark being built. They knew Noah, they heard him give the warnings and they ignored them.
How many years between the flood and the tower of babel?

So tell me what test did you do that proved to you that the bible was the word of god
You must be kidding! What is it I keep advising here?

Seek and find.

Also keep in mind that the Bible was written by men, inspired by God, seen through the perspectives of mankind--and those perspectives have the likelihood of changing down through the ages.

You must be kidding! What is it I keep advising here?

Seek and find.

Also keep in mind that the Bible was written by men, inspired by God, seen through the perspectives of mankind--and those perspectives have the likelihood of changing down through the ages.

How do you know they were "inspired by " a god?

You people speak of the bible as something divine and all you have for proof of that is what a few people said thousands of years ago.

The bible is a work of men and men alone there is nothing in it that proves any divine intervention

Forum List

Back