🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

The Catholic Church wasn't alone 2,000 years ago. I know you believe they were the original church, but there was the Sabbath keeping, Holy Day keeping Church of God.

We are the little flock that was never crushed and swallowed up by the Catholic Church.
Catholic was the original, Peter was the first pope...

Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom of heaven in Matthew 16:19

The eastern Orthodox was the first split

Martin Luther was the second major split

There's clearly more than a way of life described in the Bible. There is punishment, of eternal proportions, for not adhering to the proscriptions. There are events that slaughter humans on scales so epic that they can only be attributed to a cosmic sociopath.

That certainly doesn't work for me.
Earlier I asked you for an example of this. Are you willing to provide one?

There is punishment, of eternal proportions, for not adhering to the proscriptions.
Earlier I asked you for an example of this. Are you willing to provide one?

"Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works." 2 John 1:9-11

- the proof of the forgeries and fallacies of the c bible are the very writings on nearly every page of their 10000 page document.

- and the present day christians and their alliance with judaism ... who has forsaken whom - shakespear might ask.

Nor am I. I tend to test everything that is said, be it someone thousands of years ago....or, you, today.

Why are you supposing you are so unique?
Everyone is unique

So tell me what test did you do that proved to you that the bible was the word of god

From someone who has studied myths, fables, folklore, etc., if it is "plagiarism" someone did a terrible job at plagiarizing. Bet we can find most schools of thought in the Bible, just as we can find most schools of thought in fables, myths, and folklore. Humanity shares common experiences, so I find it astonishing you seem to expect the Bible to be something isolated and unrepeated.
It is supposed to be the word of god I think it would be a bit more original

Like you said. You, yourself, see rewards and punishments. Many believers see it much differently than you--but as you said, you're not like that. ;)
Yeah believers don't see eternal life in some paradise as a reward

In judges, chapter 11, jephthah made a deal with god if he was victorious over the Ammonites, he would sacrifice the first person to greet him on his return, by burning them alive.
He did indeed win and upon his return, was gleefully greeted by his daughter. Sadly the news was not goid. He cooked her a couple of months later to satisfy this ghost they believed in.
God never said a word apparently but when Abraham prepared his son to be barbecued as a sacrifice, at the very last minute, somehow Abraham got an email from God who suggested he spare him.

Its a shame your merciful god didn't show the same compassion for jephthats daughter as ge did for Isaac. This is the stuff you teach little kids.
How can you be part of such horrific and wicked teachings of your filthy god? Is that where you get your morals from?
^ All wee weed up! Clutching his "Dreams of my Biological Father, Frank Marshall Davis" and praying to Joe Biden for guidance

If you are not an Evangelical Christian, you cannot claim to know their motivations. What you are describing is works based salvation, and that's not Evangelical Christianity. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that way, Mormons believe that way, but Evangelical Christians want to bring as many into relationship with Christ as possible, to share the Good News, NOT to earn salvation. That's simply impossible.
Sure I can.

Everyone does what they do because it benefits them in some way.

And if a person cannot earn salvation then what's the point of all the dos and don'ts in the bible?

Forum List

Back