A bit more of your merciful god.

Nope. That's to reassure the Thessalonians that those who die before Jesus returns will still get to heaven. Has nothing to do with flying through the air.

Much of Christendom disagrees with you, which has been my point all along. There are many ways to interpret prophecy and anyone that says it is clear and easy to understand is lacking any understanding of it

That is what Jesus said.

When the Pharisees saw this, they asked His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” On hearing this, Jesus said, , “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.…" (Matthew 9:11-12)

We can also keep in mind God knows where everyone is at all times.

You are equating nonbelievers with "the healthy"? I'm sorry but that is not at all what is being said there. If you would have included the very next verse after that one (I'll post it below), you will see that the point he is making is that sinners need salvation, not the righteous.

But here's the thing - the Bible says that all have sinned there is none righteous, not one. (Romans 3:10, 3:23)

So here's the verses you posted along with the next verse which should not be left out:

11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”​
12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.​
13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

So the analogy is that sinners need a doctor, the righteous don't. But since none are righteous apart from faith in Jesus, everyone needs salvation. Keep in mind, all of this was in response to the Pharisees asking him why he was sitting with sinners and tax collectors. They didn't understand that Jesus came to save sinners... which is ALL of us.

Much of Christendom disagrees with you, which has been my point all along. There are many ways to interpret prophecy and anyone that says it is clear and easy to understand is lacking any understanding of it
They think Jesus returned in 66 AD. People make mistakes by ignoring Antiochus IV and the Maccabeans.

The gods commanded me.

It's sad that you apparently have nothing better to do than to troll these threads. You clearly show with almost every post of yours that you are not interested in an actual, sincere discussion.

1 Enoch tells you how tall the nephilim were.
Stolen quotes from a Midrash are not to be taken literally,
You are forgetting that these Muslim "geniuses" were illiterate and required Jews to transcribe for them.

I don't know about that. The many sects and subdivisions of Christianity suggest a great many people have varying interpretations.

Why can't the gods deliver a clear, concise message?
Why can't the news media deliver a clear, concise message?
We hear what we want to hear and then interpret it as we see fit.

It's sad that you apparently have nothing better to do than to troll these threads. You clearly show with almost every post of yours that you are not interested in an actual, sincere discussion.
I suspect your definition of sincere discussion is that I'm to accept selected bible verses as true and inerrant, thus proving the Bible is true and inerrant thus proving the gods.

A sincere discussion might suggest that participants are honest enough with themselves and others to understand that ultimately, the validity of an argument rests on a factual, demonstrable case made by the participant.

Stolen quotes from a Midrash are not to be taken literally,
You are forgetting that these Muslim "geniuses" were illiterate and required Jews to transcribe for them.
In Muslim Spain Muslims and Jews were translating from the Greek.

I suspect your definition of sincere discussion is that I'm to accept selected bible verses as true and inerrant, thus proving the Bible is true and inerrant thus proving the gods.

A sincere discussion might suggest that participants are honest enough with themselves and others to understand that ultimately, the validity of an argument rests on a factual, demonstrable case made by the participant.
No, that is not my definition. When I say sincere discussion I mean an honest exchange of ideas with at least a modicum of goodwill and civility, as opposed to nonstop trolling and disrespect. For example, in almost every one of your posts you use the word "gods" when you have been told countless times that there is only one God. So you do that to troll, and your nonstop trolling shows that you're not really interested in an actual discussion, you just want to bash theism and to mock and troll these threads. But whatever. That's all I'm going to say about that.

There were no Christians at the time. You should read it again.

Believers were/are Christians, then and now. Explain why a Jew would call Him Lord, Lord? Why would a Jew be trying to enter a Heaven that they didn't believe in? You have never been good at this.

But here's the thing - the Bible says that all have sinned there is none righteous, not one.
Jesus' point is that he goes where people who are looking for help. There is no need for him to go where people are not looking for help. Jesus does not force himself on others, so why should we force Jesus on others?

The picture Jesus leaves with us is the one of the father of the Prodigal Son. The father awaits the son...he does not go chasing after him.

People say they have formed a most horrible picture of God based on their own reading of the Bible. It is like English and modern Western culture have layered a dark, grainy crust over an old portrait. We are merely those who can gently remove this grain so that people might see the original picture. After that to turn away from or to approach the reality is in their capable hands. No threats needed. God shows Himself.

Forum List

Back