🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Thats really not a valid analogy. If you hear voices when you have conversations with the gods, that might be schizophrenia as opposed to the gods responding to you. At any rate, some of the most destructive acts have been committed by those who believed they were commanded by gods.

Wasn't there that Saul and the Amalekites kerfuffle?
I did not know we were talking about hearing voices.

What I see with Saul and the Amalekites are two political points of view. I may very likely be wrong, but that is what I have always seen.

Does the Bible say that they changed over time?

Yes, indirectly. For example, Goliath was a giant, but obviously nowhere near the height of the giants Enoch wrote about of the antediluvian world. In the post-flood world, the bible mentions some giants that had six fingers on each hand, which indicates they were either Nephilim or descendants of the Nephilim.

Yes, indirectly. For example, Goliath was a giant, but obviously nowhere near the height of the giants Enoch wrote about of the antediluvian world. In the post-flood world, the bible mentions some giants that had six fingers on each hand, which indicates they were either Nephilim or descendants of the Nephilim.

Disappointment or not, my statement stands. The Bible instructed me to seek God--and how to seek Him. It taught me to pray--and how to pray. It taught me what I can expect from God--and what not to expect. I am very happy you--as well as Blues Man apparently--found these 'self-help' instructions elsewhere, but I found them in the Bible, so credit goes where credit is due. The Bible and the Catholic faith dropped me into the lap of God. It did not happen any other way.

You twisted my words. I never said that I found 'self-help' instructions elsewhere, I said that the bible is not a mere self-help book to get people through tough times. That said, yes, of course I agree that the bible does indeed have good and practical words of wisdom to help us get through tough times. But it's more than that, and the main thing I disagreed with you on is your statement "Non-believers may not need to be found." Is that the statement you stand by?

Revelation says there's no temple.

When he provides the actual passage he is using it will not be hard to find 3 different interpretation of it.

Christendom cannot even decide when the rapture will be, or if even such a thing is really talked about in the Bible

I said that the bible is not a mere self-help book to get people through tough times.
And I never put it into the category of self-help. I see it more as instruction. Learning from the Bible is no more self-help than learning from a math book. My opinion of course. And, I do help myself by reading math books, too. :)

When he provides the actual passage he is using it will not be hard to find 3 different interpretation of it.

Christendom cannot even decide when the rapture will be, or if even such a thing is really talked about in the Bible
See Revelation 21:22. It's perfectly clear. There's no rapture. That's just more futurism.

"Non-believers may not need to be found." Is that the statement you stand by?
That is what Jesus said.

When the Pharisees saw this, they asked His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” On hearing this, Jesus said, , “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.…" (Matthew 9:11-12)

We can also keep in mind God knows where everyone is at all times.

Do you have scripture where Jesus said that claiming one is a Christian doesn't mean it's true.

Matthew 7:21-23

English Standard Version

I Never Knew You​

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

See Revelation 21:22. It's perfectly clear. There's no rapture. That's just more futurism.

And yet 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 describes it down to the T.

Good thing none of this is vague or anything so that there are no disagreements on the meaning

Matthew 7:21-23

English Standard Version

I Never Knew You​

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
We're they Christians or Jews?

What concern is it of yours what other people believe?
It can be a huge concern. If some whack job "believes" that killing others is doing them a favor, because he "believes" they'll go to heaven, and God told him to do it, well, we have a problem.

If they are Christians, they may disagree on dogma, but one thing they are in complete agreement on is that Jesus Christ is Lord and He died on a cross to remove our sins.

How is this for clarification Hollie:
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.”

It doesn't get any more direct and to the point than that...
How is this for clarification Hollie:
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.”

that is a 4th century forgery - as most claims in the c bible that have no verification for any of their timely responses.

ram would condemn all those living during those times outside a 20 mile radius from whichever city was claimed as the source for so foolish a statement. and for 400 years before they put that in print - the state religion of the roman empire - and only believed by the purveyors of servitude that wrote it.

And yet 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 describes it down to the T.

Good thing none of this is vague or anything so that there are no disagreements on the meaning
Nope. That's to reassure the Thessalonians that those who die before Jesus returns will still get to heaven. Has nothing to do with flying through the air.

You have no idea on what I base my life.

And, to be fair, if you're quoting one of the most widely read pieces of literature in human history, I'm not sure how you can call that "exposure".

Are you under the impression that you're the only one whose ever read scripture?
I don't think he's read much of it at all, at least not the part about Gods grace.

Forum List

Back