🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Believers were/are Christians, then and now. Explain why a Jew would call Him Lord, Lord? Why would a Jew be trying to enter a Heaven that they didn't believe in? You have never been good at this.
Believers were/are Christians, then and now. Explain why a Jew would call Him Lord, Lord? Why would a Jew be trying to enter a Heaven that they didn't believe in? You have never been good at this.
Lord means one who has authority. It's from the sermon on the mount. Jesus is preaching to the Jews.

We might ask why they should be accepted as true.
Scripture outlines a way of life. The amount of faith needed is the small amount where one decides to test this way of life. I tested, and the instructions proved true for my life, and in so many odd situations of my life. The Bible testimony is someone saying, This works.

My testimony is that I tried it and it worked for me as well.

Well, Aristotle told us the earth was round in 350 BC
Isaiah told told us the earth was round in 701 BC the same time he told us that dimensions can be stretched.
Are all Americans as dumb as you? It appears so.

I'm not interested in what you think. I want to see the evidence of what you say. It can't be that hard if an idiot like you know it.

Lord means one who has authority. It's from the sermon on the mount. Jesus is preaching to the Jews.

I know what it means. You're wrong, "Depart from me I never knew you". He was responding to those who counted themselves as believers in Him. A believer in Him is by definition is a Christian. The context of the Chapter determines the meaning, not your interpretation.

No, that is not my definition. When I say sincere discussion I mean an honest exchange of ideas with at least a modicum of goodwill and civility, as opposed to nonstop trolling and disrespect. For example, in almost every one of your posts you use the word "gods" when you have been told countless times that there is only one God. So you do that to troll, and your nonstop trolling shows that you're not really interested in an actual discussion, you just want to bash theism and to mock and troll these threads. But whatever. That's all I'm going to say about that.
I see triune as three.

I think the problem is the prophet Hal Lindsey. He changed everything in the early 1970. Lots of traditional churches split m
Martin Luther the jack ass priest who split the church a second time and married a nun.

Simply show us the Book, Chapter and Verse where Jephthah's daughter was actually (literally) burnt alive as a human sacrifice. It does not exist. God despises human sacrifices as established in scripture. The sacrifice of offering children to idols carried a death sentence (Lev. 20:1-5). God not only declared that He never commanded such a sacrifice, but He also clearly, with no ambiguity had never thought about asking for such a sacrifice. He told the Hebrews to never worship in the ways of those who sacrificed humans at a burning alter. (Deut. 12:29-32)

What was actually being offered as a sacrifice due to Jephthah's vow was the end of his lineage. When Jephthah returned from battle after vowing to sacrifice the first thing to greet him as a burnt offering.....it was his "only child", his daughter. It's already established that human's cannot be offered as literal sacrifices, (God finds it to be an abomination, Deut.12) but they can be sacrificed in service to the Lord (This is how Samuel, the 1st born of Levite (1 Chron. 6:16,28) came to serve the Lord (1 Sam. 1:11).

Because she (Jephthah's daughter) was his first child she already belonged to the Lord, and could not be redeemed a second time (offer as a sacrifice) as she was already marked as "most holy" to the Lord (Lev. 27:28). Therefore both Jephthah and his daughter realized Jephthah's vow to the Lord was her "virginity" that was to be the payment for the illegal vow, she was bound to be a virgin the rest of her life as the ultimate payment to the Lord, this was to be her service to the Lord.

After a while Jephthah's daughter encouraged her father to keep his vow. She just asked for 2 months to bewail (grieve) her Virginity, "And he (Jephthah) said, Go. And he sent her away for two months, and she went with her companions and BEWAILED HER VIRIGINTY." -- Judges 11:38

She did not grieve over her short life, because her life was not coming to an end. When Jephthah fulfilled his vow to the Lord it is noted in scripture that she never had sexual relations with a man.

The scriptures detail what the price of the vow was, and it was not death at a burning alter (God never made this vow.......man did, to God it was a sin that cost Jephthah the end to his bloodline on earth). He had one child who was commanded by a holy vow to the Lord to be a virgin her entire life, as was the custom.

"AND IT CAME TO PASS AT THE END OF 2 MONTHS, THAT SHE RETURNED TO HER FATHER, WHO DID WITH HER ACCORDING TO HIS VOW WHICH HE HAD VOWED: AND SHE KNEW NO MAN. AND IT WAS A CUSTOM IN ISRAEL." -- Judges 11:39

There is no mention of her ever losing her life because of her father's vow anywhere in scripture, nor is there any need to come to such a conclusion (God does not go back on His word........its man that often makes errors with his decision making that cause him to sin against the commandments of God). Its established that God despised such human sacrifices and had never even thought about commanding such as a burnt offering (Deut. 12:39-32)

As established to offer such carried a death sentence (Lev. 20:1-5). In essence.........Jephthah paid the ultimate price for his error in judgement..........His lineage was wiped from the face of the earth, just as was the lineage of the pagan's that actually committed such abominations.

Simply because a history is found to exist in the Holy Scriptures is not an indication that God approves of everything recorded in the Holy Scriptures. The Holy Bible contains.......the entire truth, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, there are no skeletons hiding in any closets. There are many records in the Bible were man has sinned grievously against the righteous commandments of God. And God judges them righteously.
This is 100% true. Thank you for taking the time to enlighten these atheist Heathens. I doubt they will be convinced though. God Haters cannot be reasoned with

Scripture outlines a way of life. The amount of faith needed is the small amount where one decides to test this way of life. I tested, and the instructions proved true for my life, and in so many odd situations of my life. The Bible testimony is someone saying, This works.

My testimony is that I tried it and it worked for me as well.
There's clearly more than a way of life described in the Bible. There is punishment, of eternal proportions, for not adhering to the proscriptions. There are events that slaughter humans on scales so epic that they can only be attributed to a cosmic sociopath.

That certainly doesn't work for me.

There's clearly more than a way of life described in the Bible. There is punishment, of eternal proportions, for not adhering to the proscriptions. There are events that slaughter humans on scales so epic that they can only be attributed to a cosmic sociopath.

That certainly doesn't work for me.
And you are free to reject Him in this life.
Good luck with that

Martin Luther was actually pretty spiteful. The Catholic Church made mistakes, but Luther started calling the church the whore of Babylon.
The more I studied the guy the more I can't stand him..

Thank you for that post

He did my friend
The Catholic Church wasn't alone 2,000 years ago. I know you believe they were the original church, but there was the Sabbath keeping, Holy Day keeping Church of God.

We are the little flock that was never crushed and swallowed up by the Catholic Church.

Forum List

Back