🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Gee whiz. I'm never surprised at how many Christians define out of Christianity those Christians who are subjectively the wrong kind of Christians.
Correspondingly, I am never surprised when non-Christians insist that they know better who is and who is not a Christian than does a Christian.
What is a Christian? Literally, it is someone who follows Christ. The very word "Christian" was coined as an insult that meant "Little Christ". Therefore, anyone who claims to be a Christian had better be acting like Christ. Do not

Think of it this way, two people claim to be Premier League fanatics. One watches every game he can, reads the teams' statistics and watches player interviews. He is happy when his team wins and sad when it loses. The other only watches American football. He knows the names of two teams in the Premier League and can't name any of the players, much less any of their statistics. It's handy to claim he's a fan because he gets invited to parties.

Which one is a Premier League fanatic? Your standard apparently would say that both are fans because they claim to be.

Two men claim to love the same woman. One spends his time with her, watching her and listening to her, learning what she likes and what she doesn't like. He takes her to dinner. He treats her and her family with respect. The other approaches her and says, "Give me a list of rules to follow so I can claim to love you. I will spend every waking moment trying to get around them and will sometimes flagrantly break them, but I will claim that I love you. In addition, I'll spend as little time with you as possible, and don't expect me to show your family any respect".

Which one loves her? Can you honestly say both do because they both claim to do so?

Or in both of these cases would you not say that the actions of the one demonstrate the truth of his claim while the actions of the other demonstrate the falsity of his claim? Thus it is with Christianity. Religion is dead. Religion insists on rules and regulations. A man in love with his wife doesn't need her to tell him not to fool around with another woman because his love and respect for her tells him not to. A man in love with his wife can gain a lot of wisdom from the advice of his father and grandfather on how to treat his wife, but learns the most by paying attention to what she says, what food she orders at a restaurant, what flowers she likes the most.

See, where your ignorance shows is in you believing that Christianity is a religion. It is not. Religion demands a set of rules, complete with punishment for failure to follow them. Religion is coercion. Christianity is a relationship with Christ. He does not demand obedience to a fixed set of rules, He calls us to love Him and be guided by His Spirit, who tells us what God expects from us and when He expects it. He demands that His followers treat others with love, not coercion.

The bottom line is, you do not understand any of that so you cannot possibly look at someone and say they are a Christian just because they claim to be.

What some may miss is the power of individual prayer/conversation with God. Ever listen in on a conversation between two other people and get it all wrong?

With God, there is nothing like one-on-one.
I think for many, prayer is little more than asking for favors in exchange for rewards. In short, influence peddling.

What some may miss is the power of individual prayer/conversation with God. Ever listen in on a conversation between two other people and get it all wrong?

Exactly. That's why so many cannot understand it. They want a list of rules because it's easier than getting to know God, digging into His word to learn what He likes, living to please Him instead of trying to get away with as much as possible.

You wouldn't understand them either...
I don't know about that. The many sects and subdivisions of Christianity suggest a great many people have varying interpretations.

Why can't the gods deliver a clear, concise message?

I think for many, prayer is little more than asking for favors in exchange for rewards. In short, influence peddling.
It is, because they don't have a close relationship with God. They view Him as an ATM, push the right buttons in the right sequence and the goodies fall out. They don't know what it's like to just spend time with Him.

I challenge you to show me one word science has ever written yo support the existence of any god.
I know you can't so you are a liar.
Religious is becoming irrelevant as science continues to dispose of any god shit. Its that relevance religion craves to not lose total connection to reality.
Science is the graveyard of all religions.

Hawking did not realise that. Your attempting to connect his brilliance to your silly beliefs.
"thousands of years after God created dimensions? "
Thats an assumption god not only created that crap but it is a mere thousands of years old???
Hawking didn't believe that rubbish

How do you know it can? Wheres your evidence of that and why doesn't science know it?
You are delusional but ill wait for you to prove it

Rubbish. Name one scientific discovery where science has attributed it to your hideous god?
I admit I can't do it but you appear to have the evidence of your fantastic claims. I know you can't and you are a liar.

Well, Aristotle told us the earth was round in 350 BC
Isaiah told told us the earth was round in 701 BC the same time he told us that dimensions can be stretched.

Thats really not a valid analogy. If you hear voices when you have conversations with the gods, that might be schizophrenia as opposed to the gods responding to you. At any rate, some of the most destructive acts have been committed by those who believed they were commanded by gods.

Wasn't there that Saul and the Amalekites kerfuffle?

Forum List

Back