🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Like I said evangelists are concerned for their own salvation and they think that converting people to their religion is how they obtain that
If you are not an Evangelical Christian, you cannot claim to know their motivations. What you are describing is works based salvation, and that's not Evangelical Christianity. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that way, Mormons believe that way, but Evangelical Christians want to bring as many into relationship with Christ as possible, to share the Good News, NOT to earn salvation. That's simply impossible.

Christians believe many different things. That's why there are so many versions of Christianity?
Christians are those who follow Christ. Worshipping ancestors in the form of saints is not Christianity. Trying to earn salvation is not Christianity. When you strip it down to its bare essentials there really are not many versions of Christianity. There are differences in culture, some finer points of theology and in the way some things are done, but there is one essential truth that unites them all. A group that calls itself "Christian" isn't necessarily Christian at all. That's even pointed out in the Bible.

Even if you believe the Bible, there is nothing that "proves" or provides evidence that it is the Word of God. If you are looking for proof, you will not find it. That is like searching for dinosaurs in a beehive.

What we have in the Bible is testimony from those who have either experienced or believed in God. They wrote out a way of life, that can either be followed or discarded. All that is gold does not glitter, and the Bible (for some) contains golden threads that guide us in our choices, decisions and paths through life.

I disagree. I don’t know if “proof” is the right word, but there is plenty of evidence that the Bible is indeed a supernatural book. For example, thousands of fulfilled prophecies. Someone calculated the odds of that being chance, and the result was a number that was statistically impossible. Also the fact that the books of the Bible were written by numerous different authors, from different walks of life, in different time periods, yet it all tells the same story that goes together harmoniously from the Old Testament to the New. Also, something a lot of people don’t know is that there are some amazing things within the Bible when you dig deeper, that are sort of hidden at first glance. Things that cannot be mere coincidence, so it lends weight to the claim the Bible makes of being the word of God.

There are numerous other things I could mention that provide evidence that the Bible is indeed true and no ordinary book.

I do agree with what you said about testimonies though. Well, actually you were talking about testimonies of people in the Bible, right? But also there are the testimonies of millions upon millions of people whose lives changed dramatically… people who have literally become new creations because of their decision to put their faith in Jesus. And that goes back for the last 2000 years. I had a website devoted to Christian testimonies (I still have the website but the domain changed so it’s not public right now, I’m going to make it public again soon) and these testimonies are absolutely amazing. I mean the type of testimonies that will give you chills because you just know that it’s not coincidence or anything ordinary that happened, but absolutely the work of God. Testimonies are powerful. And what the atheists probably don’t realize or believe, is that there are tons and tons and tons of those kinds of testimonies, from all over the world, over a long period of time.

Last edited:
Christians are those who follow Christ. Worshipping ancestors in the form of saints is not Christianity. Trying to earn salvation is not Christianity. When you strip it down to its bare essentials there really are not many versions of Christianity. There are differences in culture, some finer points of theology and in the way some things are done, but there is one essential truth that unites them all. A group that calls itself "Christian" isn't necessarily Christian at all. That's even pointed out in the Bible.

I’m so glad you’re here! I don’t post here much these days but it’s always good to see your posts in the religion threads.

That's Peter's opinion

And what scriptures did Jesus write with his own hand?
Is it that you think He was illiterate, or that He didn't take the time to pen letters proclaiming His abilities?
He read in the Temple. He was writing on the stones of the Temple walkway when approached by the Priests.
Perhaps He was too busy teaching and healing to sit down at a desk.

And then there is the fact that He knew He didn't need to write His words down:

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away
Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away
Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away

If he wasn't about His Father's business, He was sleeping. Maybe you think He should have done more...

evangelize?

Who evangelizes more religious people or atheists? I've never had an atheist knock on my door to hand out religious material.

And not all argument are meant to persuade many times the act of argument is merely an intellectual exercise.

It’s not surprising to me that atheists don’t go out and share their message. Maybe it’s because atheism has nothing worthwhile to offer? Their worldview makes man into nothing but an accident, a mere physical object with no inherent value. And there’s no hope in the atheistic worldview, and no purpose or meaning. In fact in their worldview, nothing can be truly meaningful since according to atheism everything is just the result of dumb luck. I mean it’s almost comical to think of atheism as something that anyone would want to share with others… Because there’s no good news at all. Thankfully it’s false. There IS good news. I hope that the agnostics and atheists here will learn that someday. It truly is the greatest realization one could ever have.

ETA: IIRC, you said you were an agnostic, not an atheist, right? So I edited my post and took out the words "your" when speaking about the atheistic worldview.

Last edited:
Gee whiz. I'm never surprised at how many Christians define out of Christianity those Christians who are subjectively the wrong kind of Christians.

Here we are again...English/Modern Western Culture presentation.

Here again. What a shame the gods couldn't deliver their message in a coherent fashion. That would seem the godly thing to do. But then again, maybe it was their intention to sow discord and confusion.

Here again. What a shame the gods couldn't deliver their message in a coherent fashion. That would seem the godly thing to do. But then again, maybe it was their intention to sow discord and confusion.
There is only one God. You’ve been told that about 50,000 times, at least. In fact you’re told that on a regular basis. So I can only conclude that when you use the word “gods” in every post, you’re trolling. And the message is simple and clear enough for a child to understand. The problem is your heart is hard and you are spiritually blind. Which is exactly what the Bible says about hardened unbelievers like you.

500 years ago people thought those same prophecies described the times they lived in perfectly.

200 years ago people thought those same prophecies described the times they lived in perfectly.

100 years ago people thought those same prophecies described the times they lived in perfectly.

Vague prophecies can be used to describe a great many things
Except nothing about prophesy is vague.
Who thought 500 years ago that we could produce a weapon that was capable of wiping out all life on earth? What is vague about that?
Or Israel becoming a Nation in a day? What is obscure about that statement?
Jews returning to their ancient language. No other displaced people have ever done that. Is the wording vague to you or did it occur precisly as predicted?
What peace treaty with Israel happened 500 years ago? 200 years ago? 100 years ago?
The gospel of Christ preached worldwide. Did they have satellites to fulfill that prophesy 100 years ago? 500 years ago?
What world leader desecrated the New Jewish Temple 500 years ago, or yesterday? Don't they have to build it first?
When did Russia invade Israel for spoil? Was that 500 years ago, 200 years ago, 100 years ago?
What happened 100 years ago to blot out the light of the sun and moon?

^ What does God need to do for you to understand the difference between vague and precise?

If all these things happened 500 years ago, we should be 1/2 way into Christ's millennial rule by now, and Satan is chained as we speak!
Must be an awfully long chain...

Last edited:
In judges, chapter 11, jephthah made a deal with god if he was victorious over the Ammonites, he would sacrifice the first person to greet him on his return, by burning them alive.
He did indeed win and upon his return, was gleefully greeted by his daughter. Sadly the news was not goid. He cooked her a couple of months later to satisfy this ghost they believed in.
God never said a word apparently but when Abraham prepared his son to be barbecued as a sacrifice, at the very last minute, somehow Abraham got an email from God who suggested he spare him.

Its a shame your merciful god didn't show the same compassion for jephthats daughter as ge did for Isaac. This is the stuff you teach little kids.
How can you be part of such horrific and wicked teachings of your filthy god? Is that where you get your morals from?
Blame Jeppi.

I disagree. I don’t know if “proof” is the right word, but there is plenty of evidence that the Bible is indeed a supernatural book. For example, thousands of fulfilled prophecies.
Going by scientific proofs, we have none. Nor would prophetic evidence work in a courtroom if someone could offer 'reasonable doubt' that the prophecy could be interpreted differently. And non-believers do.

Where I start is 'faith the size of a mustard seed' that God's way, the way Jesus taught, can work in my life. It has--and continues--to work in my life. Non-believers will argue another way might have brought the same results. Since no one can go back and re-do the past, that claim can neither be confirmed nor denied. What I know is believing in God and His ways enriched my life. I know the words, "Seek and you shall find" are truth.

Jesus said he came for the lost. I was lost. He said those who are well do not need a doctor. Non-believers may not need to be found, may not need Biblical advice on getting through tough times. What some seem to want to adamantly prove, is that I never needed it either, and nor does anyone. They do not understand why I am grateful for the testimonies found in the Bible.

So many Bible stories begin with the slaughter of innocent children. Consider the flood, the Egyptian first born , Herod killing baby boys. It's a pretty constant theme.
Who says children are innocent?
I would prefer that children to be raised by drug lords be wiped out with their parents when no alternatives remain.

Forum List

Back