A Brief History of Barbed Wire

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
AdobeStock_142216314-min.jpeg

After all the political news, it was refreshing to run across this piece.

I will never forget the hours I spent in my youth digging post holes and then stringing thousands of feet of barbed wire. Heavy gloves and Levis kept away the worst of the scratches. But not all.

There are more than 700 steel knots in The “Bobbed Wire” Bible, Jack Glover’s “illustrated guide to identification and classification” of barbed wire. They have names like Scutt’s Wooden Block, Greenbriar, Glidden Union Pacific, and the J. Brotherton Parallel.

And, of course, one that’s very important at the moment.

Razor_Wire_Plastic_Black_APRZWRP003_001_grande.jpg

Not exactly what you’d use to fence a pasture.

The full, interesting piece is @ A brief history of barbed wire

AdobeStock_142216314-min.jpeg

After all the political news, it was refreshing to run across this piece.

I will never forget the hours I spent in my youth digging post holes and then stringing thousands of feet of barbed wire. Heavy gloves and Levis kept away the worst of the scratches. But not all.

There are more than 700 steel knots in The “Bobbed Wire” Bible, Jack Glover’s “illustrated guide to identification and classification” of barbed wire. They have names like Scutt’s Wooden Block, Greenbriar, Glidden Union Pacific, and the J. Brotherton Parallel.

And, of course, one that’s very important at the moment.

Razor_Wire_Plastic_Black_APRZWRP003_001_grande.jpg

Not exactly what you’d use to fence a pasture.

The full, interesting piece is @ A brief history of barbed wire
Depends( not the Islamic hat). Was the pasture fulla Mezkinz ?

[F]armers and ranchers interested in buying knew that they could keep Native Americans, black people, children, beasts owned by others, and poor people out with the new invention.” It persists in prisons, concentration camps both historical and terribly contemporary, and border walls, which continue to threaten wildlife today).
.....jesus christ!! --I told you--EVERYTHING is racist --even barbed wire because we want to keep the black--not white---CRIMINALS in the prison ----hahahahahahahhahahah !!!!!!!
....some humans are NOT nice and fluffy--but are worse and more dangerous than animals--so tough shit

Forum List

Back