🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Case for Kurdistan

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
People should certainly be calling for a state for the Kurds. There are millions and millions of them, and they certainly deserve a state of their own.

August 14, 2014
A Case for Kurdistan
By Bruce Walker

Most nations in the Middle East – Iraq, Syria, Iran, Turkey – are quilts of national and religious minorities. Each of these four nations has within its borders unhappy Kurds, who want nothing more than their own self-governing Kurdistan. While America has historically helped the Kurds, we have also, too often, treated Kurds as if they were pawns in some geopolitical chess game.

We would be wise to reconsider that whole strategy and support the broad Kurdish desire for an independent homeland. This might antagonize Turkey, an ally of America in the Cold War and a nation relatively resistant to Islamic extremism, but this “ally,” once a rare friend of Israel in the Middle East, has become increasingly hostile to the Jewish state and friendly towards Palestinian terrorism.

Continue reading at:

Articles: A Case for Kurdistan

thanks for the article and for bringing up the issue of
KURDISTAN---sally--------however-----Kurdistan, where????

I am not entirely sure----but I have IMAGINED---that kurds lived in THE HILLS---and
hills tend to be continguous-----sorta. (I am really awful at geography) They seem
to have a lifestyle adapted to "THE HILLS" -----It would be really nice if they could
KEEP their hills-------or at least a nice big chunk of hills------like from Iran, thru Iraq,
thru Syrian "hills" ----assuming that there is some sort of contiguous chunk somewhere
in them thar hills If the kurd hills of Turkey are only a little bit of WATER away----
maybe those hills could be added ?????????

anyone got a proposed map of NEW KURDISTAN?

btw ----what language is "ISTAN"???? can we call it something else---
like medinat kurd ???? medina as a word would sort cross
lines......sorta

Forum List

Back