A Child's View from Gaza

So, quoting the talmud is fair game? Great, I will be back and show you from the actual talmud many sick, racist and downright scary principles that lead directly to what the children of Gaza have to deal with.

You can quote it, but you end up coming off like the schills who quote Quranic verses in an attempt to portray Islam as a religion of hate. In other words a schill. I've never heard of Jews using the Talmud as a source for warfare frankly.

What do you expect from Slate? And the author from the NYT. Both shills for Islam. I saw nothing about children's shows in Israel that promote hate, we know they run in Palestine. Not to mention paying terrorists or their families.

Does Israel have a slush fund for murderers?
Israel does not need a slush fund for murderers, it has their military budget and promotion in the ranks.

Israel has the right to defend their country anyway they wish. Remember that, it is what sovereign nations do.
Defending Israel cannot justify the disproportionate massacres of civilians and wholesale destruction of Gaza because of some harmless projectiles.
Let us know when we can launch a "harmless" projectile towards you.

_80165654_a32fa817-c5ac-4c6a-ae59-abcbb59c9dee.jpg
Life is a bitch and then you die. Fucking with Israel improves those chances.

So, quoting the talmud is fair game? Great, I will be back and show you from the actual talmud many sick, racist and downright scary principles that lead directly to what the children of Gaza have to deal with.

You can quote it, but you end up coming off like the schills who quote Quranic verses in an attempt to portray Islam as a religion of hate. In other words a schill. I've never heard of Jews using the Talmud as a source for warfare frankly.
I won't as I will quote from the actual talmud, not from some shill site.

Islam is a religion of hate. It says to hate anything that is not Islamic. No getting around that, Islamic literature proves it conclusively.

What about their religion? Does that contribute to the Palestinians hate for Jews?
Try reading the talmud for the real religious hate speech that drives the ongoing crisis for children in Gaza.
The Talmud is not relevant like the Koran is and you know it. The Koran qualifies for hate speech by its modern definition in every way. Please feel free to dispute on of these charges.
  • Drawing a distinction between one’s own identity group and those outside it
  • Moral comparison based on this distinction
  • Devaluation or dehumanization of other groups and the personal superiority of one's own
  • The advocating of different standards of treatment based on identity group membership
  • A call to violence against members of other groups

Amazing. You're doing exactly what he is. Maybe we should put you two in a room and you can fling Talmudic and Quranic verses at each other like knives.

In the meantime ponder the thought that there is a lot of good too in those verses.

I think the best ways to mitigate hate is to look at what we teach our children and to meet and share dinner with "the other". Harder to view them as "inhuman" that way.

The OP concludes with a great quote:

If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.
--Mahatma Gandhi

What about their religion? Does that contribute to the Palestinians hate for Jews?
Try reading the talmud for the real religious hate speech that drives the ongoing crisis for children in Gaza.
The Talmud is not relevant like the Koran is and you know it. The Koran qualifies for hate speech by its modern definition in every way. Please feel free to dispute on of these charges.
  • Drawing a distinction between one’s own identity group and those outside it
  • Moral comparison based on this distinction
  • Devaluation or dehumanization of other groups and the personal superiority of one's own
  • The advocating of different standards of treatment based on identity group membership
  • A call to violence against members of other groups

Amazing. You're doing exactly what he is. Maybe we should put you two in a room and you can fling Talmudic and Quranic verses at each other like knives.

In the meantime ponder the thought that there is a lot of good too in those verses.

I think the best ways to mitigate hate is to look at what we teach our children and to meet and share dinner with "the other". Harder to view them as "inhuman" that way.

You ignore the fact the Koran is just as relevant as if was written yesterday. I have yet to hear one Jewish terrorist quoting anything from the Talmud. Have you?

I think it's a combination of things...

Do you think that it helps to have textbooks that negate the existence of the other?
I think I just made that clear. And should we start another thread for this?

No actually.. For the 1st time in two pages -- the discussion is substantially about "the children" --- thanks to Coyote..

The TALMUD is a threat to Pali children Louie?? I don't think Israeli policy is based on the Talmud.

I don't see tracts from the Talmud making children cry or afraid --- do you??

New TV Show Tries to Teach Israeli Jewish Kids Not to Hate Arabs, but Treads Gently

A few weeks ago, Channel 2 Arab Affairs reporter Ohad Hamu was invited to the Balata refugee camp in Nablus. He went, a journalist with a small camera crew, risking his life in the process. Israeli and international media have stayed away from this volatile area, where gun battles have been raging between supporters and opponents of Abu Mazen. But Hamu was able to start a dialogue, in fluent Arabic, with local residents, and to give the Israeli viewer at least a small glimpse of the Palestinian situation there.

Hamu’s new show on Educational TV, “Between the Lines,” originates from much more comfortable surroundings. On the show he leads an open discussion with Israeli teenagers about a range of subjects in the Muslim world. One program dealt with the Arab Spring, another with Israeli Arabs. Others covered the Golden Age of Andalusia, and the Jews of Iraq. Despite the absence of the adrenaline rush that comes with reporting from hot zones, Hamu sees a connection between the two.

“I think this show is pretty avant garde,” says Hamu. “Israelis don’t really want to hear about the Palestinians anymore. There’s been a process that started with the second intifada, with the buses getting blown up, that profoundly affected the peace camp. Add to that the physical and mental barriers that have been erected over the years, and you see where the present indifference comes from. There’s a feeling of helplessness. Along with the Arab Spring and ISIS and all the other threats, you see, as an Israeli, that you’re living in a not very nice neighborhood, and the natural inclination is to shut yourself within your familiar space. … In this sense, the program can be of tremendous value – It can make one cautiously optimistic about Israeli youth’s ability to look at the Arab and Muslim world without fear or pre-judgment...

......Israeli public opinion today is very anti-Arab. How different was this among the teens?

“These kids are young enough not to have developed a rigid political stance and mature enough to look the other side in the eye, with real curiosity. Obviously there’s a general problem, on both sides, of not recognizing the other side, which of course leads to terrible demonization. I’m glad we’ve been able to break down all the stigmas and stereotypes, at least for the children who’ll see the show.”

People in the Arab world would probably be surprised to hear you were doing a series about them without mentioning the occupation or Palestinian resistance.

“I disagree. There are so many fascinating topics in the Muslim world, the occupation is just one thing. And it’s present, but it’s not the whole story. If you just look at the 30 topics covered by the program, you’ll see how broad this world really is.”

A wide range of guests – including Itay Anghel, Lucy Aharish, Zouheir Bahloul, Ayman Odeh and others – came on the show to talk with the kids. “Nearly everyone who was interviewed on the show seemed to be really inspired by the project. They felt how important it was to expose the kids to a world they’re not so familiar with,” says Hamu. “We live in this dichotomous world, and suddenly you discover that, throughout history, Jews have lived alongside Muslims, in near harmony, for hundreds of years.

The major media have been dealing less and less with the Arab world. We’re becoming more ignorant about our neighbors.

“When I think about the way Arabs have been covered for the last 16 years, since the start of the second intifada, [dwindling coverage] may be a positive thing, since the media presence was always negative, about terror and conflict. But I agree that the media doesn’t look at the Arab world enough, certainly not the positive aspects. We’re always coming back to threats and stereotypes, and here we had an opportunity to break through that.”

New TV Show Tries to Teach Israeli Jewish Kids Not to Hate Arabs, but Treads Gently

A few weeks ago, Channel 2 Arab Affairs reporter Ohad Hamu was invited to the Balata refugee camp in Nablus. He went, a journalist with a small camera crew, risking his life in the process. Israeli and international media have stayed away from this volatile area, where gun battles have been raging between supporters and opponents of Abu Mazen. But Hamu was able to start a dialogue, in fluent Arabic, with local residents, and to give the Israeli viewer at least a small glimpse of the Palestinian situation there.

Hamu’s new show on Educational TV, “Between the Lines,” originates from much more comfortable surroundings. On the show he leads an open discussion with Israeli teenagers about a range of subjects in the Muslim world. One program dealt with the Arab Spring, another with Israeli Arabs. Others covered the Golden Age of Andalusia, and the Jews of Iraq. Despite the absence of the adrenaline rush that comes with reporting from hot zones, Hamu sees a connection between the two.

“I think this show is pretty avant garde,” says Hamu. “Israelis don’t really want to hear about the Palestinians anymore. There’s been a process that started with the second intifada, with the buses getting blown up, that profoundly affected the peace camp. Add to that the physical and mental barriers that have been erected over the years, and you see where the present indifference comes from. There’s a feeling of helplessness. Along with the Arab Spring and ISIS and all the other threats, you see, as an Israeli, that you’re living in a not very nice neighborhood, and the natural inclination is to shut yourself within your familiar space. … In this sense, the program can be of tremendous value – It can make one cautiously optimistic about Israeli youth’s ability to look at the Arab and Muslim world without fear or pre-judgment...

......Israeli public opinion today is very anti-Arab. How different was this among the teens?

“These kids are young enough not to have developed a rigid political stance and mature enough to look the other side in the eye, with real curiosity. Obviously there’s a general problem, on both sides, of not recognizing the other side, which of course leads to terrible demonization. I’m glad we’ve been able to break down all the stigmas and stereotypes, at least for the children who’ll see the show.”

People in the Arab world would probably be surprised to hear you were doing a series about them without mentioning the occupation or Palestinian resistance.

“I disagree. There are so many fascinating topics in the Muslim world, the occupation is just one thing. And it’s present, but it’s not the whole story. If you just look at the 30 topics covered by the program, you’ll see how broad this world really is.”

A wide range of guests – including Itay Anghel, Lucy Aharish, Zouheir Bahloul, Ayman Odeh and others – came on the show to talk with the kids. “Nearly everyone who was interviewed on the show seemed to be really inspired by the project. They felt how important it was to expose the kids to a world they’re not so familiar with,” says Hamu. “We live in this dichotomous world, and suddenly you discover that, throughout history, Jews have lived alongside Muslims, in near harmony, for hundreds of years.

The major media have been dealing less and less with the Arab world. We’re becoming more ignorant about our neighbors.

“When I think about the way Arabs have been covered for the last 16 years, since the start of the second intifada, [dwindling coverage] may be a positive thing, since the media presence was always negative, about terror and conflict. But I agree that the media doesn’t look at the Arab world enough, certainly not the positive aspects. We’re always coming back to threats and stereotypes, and here we had an opportunity to break through that.”

Now find one in the Palestinian shows for children that promotes not hating Jews. Should I wait?

Another interesting article: At 15, he was shot in the back by an Israeli soldier. Now this Palestinian has dedicated his life to peace.

The Seeds of Peace was so deeply rooted in him, so the intensity in which he wanted to connect with people who were different from him, Jews in particular, it was unmatched by everyone around him,” Hishmeh said. “The energy with which he wanted to connect with his enemies, he couldn’t hold back the way he communicated. He intensely wanted to come to America so he could study and get educated and pursue his dreams, which he has done.”

With an unrelenting persistence, he finished high school at a boarding school in Utah — “It was utterly peaceful. I don’t care if it’s on the moon, there were no tanks or soldiers, and that was my biggest achievement at the time,” he said. He went on to get his undergraduate degree at Northeastern University in Boston, though he had really wanted to go to Brandeis, a college with a large Jewish population, but didn’t get in. But he did for graduate school and received his master’s degree in conflict and coexistence.

Going to a largely Jewish college was, to him, a way to promote peace. He needed to show those who thought ill of Palestinians that he was not brought up to hate.

“I need to speak to the ones who think I’m a terrorist, a threat, a bad guy,” he said. “They are the ones I need to go out of my way to speak to them, to shake their hand, because I am confident that if I get to do that there’s no way they will go to bed that evening thinking that guy was terrible. I’m certain of it.”

Another interesting article: At 15, he was shot in the back by an Israeli soldier. Now this Palestinian has dedicated his life to peace.

The Seeds of Peace was so deeply rooted in him, so the intensity in which he wanted to connect with people who were different from him, Jews in particular, it was unmatched by everyone around him,” Hishmeh said. “The energy with which he wanted to connect with his enemies, he couldn’t hold back the way he communicated. He intensely wanted to come to America so he could study and get educated and pursue his dreams, which he has done.”

With an unrelenting persistence, he finished high school at a boarding school in Utah — “It was utterly peaceful. I don’t care if it’s on the moon, there were no tanks or soldiers, and that was my biggest achievement at the time,” he said. He went on to get his undergraduate degree at Northeastern University in Boston, though he had really wanted to go to Brandeis, a college with a large Jewish population, but didn’t get in. But he did for graduate school and received his master’s degree in conflict and coexistence.

Going to a largely Jewish college was, to him, a way to promote peace. He needed to show those who thought ill of Palestinians that he was not brought up to hate.

“I need to speak to the ones who think I’m a terrorist, a threat, a bad guy,” he said. “They are the ones I need to go out of my way to speak to them, to shake their hand, because I am confident that if I get to do that there’s no way they will go to bed that evening thinking that guy was terrible. I’m certain of it.”

There is no coexistence with Islam. It's great jurists have said so. Why don't these people know about their religion? Or do they just tell the gullible what they want to hear. Also this is hardly an individual problem, it is a doctrinal problem. Stop minimizing the cause of all of this. Islam.

There is no coexistence with Islam. It's great jurists have said so. Why don't these people know about their religion? Or do they just tell the gullible what they want to hear. Also this is hardly an individual problem, it is a doctrinal problem. Stop minimizing the cause of all of this. Islam.

If you want to indulge in a generic Islam bashing thread - I'll tell you the same thing I told Louie with his generic Jew bashing - take it elsewhere.

If you want to indulge in a generic Islam bashing thread - I'll tell you the same thing I told Louie with his generic Jew bashing - take it elsewhere.

It is based on what Islam says, it is the truth, not bashing.

I won't as I will quote from the actual talmud, not from some shill site.
And can we have a back and forth discussing your Talmud quote in context?

Another way to not teach hate - somehow...this stuff never makes front page news though.

Seeds of Peace

Seeds of Peace kicks off 25th summer with flagraising ceremony on July 2 - Seeds of Peace
When they graduate, they will join a community of nearly 6,400 alumni in 27 countries leading change in extraordinary ways as students in schools and colleges, and as professionals such as journalists, policy advisors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, educators, and artists.

On July 2, 181 Israeli, Palestinian, Jordanian, Egyptian, Indian, Pakistani, and American youth and educators will open the 25th summer of the Camp with a flagraising ceremony and inaugurate three weeks of dialogue, leadership development, and relationship-building across lines of conflict.

- Seeds of Peace
For 110 minutes each day, campers engage each other directly in small-group dialogue sessions organized by conflict region. Together, they tackle the most painful and divisive issues defining their conflict, sharing their personal experiences, reflecting on competing narratives, and challenging each others’ prejudices.

No subject is off-limits; campers discuss topics ranging from war and military occupation to suicide bombings, Partition, gender, refugees, racial profiling, the Holocaust and immigration. The immediate goal of Camp dialogue is not agreement or consensus, and there is no expectation that campers adopt or even embrace each other’s viewpoints.

Through dialogue, campers reflect on their own identities and gain insights into the dynamics that perpetuate conflict. In doing so, they lay the groundwork necessary for exploring and addressing these dynamics through local Seeds of Peace programs once they return home.

Another way to not teach hate - somehow...this stuff never makes front page news though.

Seeds of Peace

Seeds of Peace kicks off 25th summer with flagraising ceremony on July 2 - Seeds of Peace
When they graduate, they will join a community of nearly 6,400 alumni in 27 countries leading change in extraordinary ways as students in schools and colleges, and as professionals such as journalists, policy advisors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, educators, and artists.

On July 2, 181 Israeli, Palestinian, Jordanian, Egyptian, Indian, Pakistani, and American youth and educators will open the 25th summer of the Camp with a flagraising ceremony and inaugurate three weeks of dialogue, leadership development, and relationship-building across lines of conflict.

- Seeds of Peace
For 110 minutes each day, campers engage each other directly in small-group dialogue sessions organized by conflict region. Together, they tackle the most painful and divisive issues defining their conflict, sharing their personal experiences, reflecting on competing narratives, and challenging each others’ prejudices.

No subject is off-limits; campers discuss topics ranging from war and military occupation to suicide bombings, Partition, gender, refugees, racial profiling, the Holocaust and immigration. The immediate goal of Camp dialogue is not agreement or consensus, and there is no expectation that campers adopt or even embrace each other’s viewpoints.

Through dialogue, campers reflect on their own identities and gain insights into the dynamics that perpetuate conflict. In doing so, they lay the groundwork necessary for exploring and addressing these dynamics through local Seeds of Peace programs once they return home.

THIS. This is how conflicts like the the Israeli/Arab conflict will end.

Coyote

There are far too many places we see this hatred towards gentiles in the talmud and other jewish books that their kids grow up believing to even list. Perhaps, you are simply in denial. I believe that, but let's see.

You have had plenty of time to research this, by now. So what do you make of: "Ṭob shebe-goyyim harog"

Now, you can't sit there and tell me that the children of Gaza have not felt this exact hate, can you?

Seeds of Peace

- Seeds of Peace

The problem with these "normalizing" projects is that they do not change policy.

An Israeli and Palestinian can be the best of friends but when the Palestinian goes home he finds his house bulldozed.

Forum List

Back