A Culture of Intolerance

And given the slew of trolling right now, the insult to intelligence lies in the fact that people can't argue my points. Lack of intelligence exists when you have nothing for which to base a cogent argument upon.

Yes we can, and have proven you wrong. Just because you don't respond doesn't mean we didn't shoot down your argument.
You are the one with the lack of intelligence and have understanding of case laws. Please stop insulting the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

I wonder if the school would have had the same feelings over a pro choice display set during lunch? I can't say for sure but my best guess would be no.

They probably would. Do you see planned parenthood showing up at schools? Nope.

Wait a minute.

So whats the deal with schools handing out condoms then? Condoms are a form of birth control. So there goes that argument. Moreover it does hold influence in the classroom, an example being in New York.

Planned Parenthood of New York City promotes comprehensive sex education in schools and for school-aged youth as an important way – along with parental guidance – to help young people lead sexually healthy and responsible lives. We:

-assist schools in developing and delivering medically accurate, age-appropriate sex education curricula.

-conduct two evidence-based interventions, "Making Proud Choices" and "Be Proud, Be Responsible, Be Protective," to reduce adolescent sexual risk behaviors.

-bring our "Taking Care of You" workshops to schools and community organizations in the Bronx. These workshops cover topics such as abstinence, contraception, prevention of sexually transmitted infections including HIV, sexual orientation, healthy relationships, and many other concerns.

-offer interactive workshops by our award-winning peer educators, the Teen Advocates, who educate young people about teens' rights and access to sexual and reproductive health care.

-offer workshops led by our Adult Role Models – community members trained to show parents, teachers, and other trusted adults how to talk with kids about sex in a comfortable and informed way.

-provide trainings that can help educators to hone their knowledge and skills for teaching about sexual and reproductive health.

-advocate for funding and legislation to support comprehensive sex education in New York schools.

Sex Education in Schools - Planned Parenthood - New York City

The vigilant protection of constitutional freedoms is nowhere more vital than in the community of American schools.

Shelton v. Tucker 364 U.S. 479 (1960)

It a booth for her club right?
"In a 5-3 ruling, the Supreme Court overturned the decision of the circuit court.[9] Its majority opinion set a precedent that school-sponsored activities, including student newspapers and drama productions are not normally protected from administrative censorship by the First Amendment.[10]"

""A school need not tolerate student speech that is inconsistent with its basic educational mission, even though the government could not censor similar speech outside the school. ... (Judicial action to protect students' rights is justified) only when the decision to censor a school-sponsored publication, theatrical production or other vehicle of student expression has no valid educational purpose."[10]"
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazelwood_v._Kuhlmeier

Expressing your views on abortion is not a valid educational tool.
The Principal had every right to not allow the booth.

^^^^ never responded to this, but we are the ones trolling?

"In a 5-3 ruling, the Supreme Court overturned the decision of the circuit court.[9] Its majority opinion set a precedent that school-sponsored activities, including student newspapers and drama productions are not normally protected from administrative censorship by the First Amendment.[10]"

""A school need not tolerate student speech that is inconsistent with its basic educational mission, even though the government could not censor similar speech outside the school. ... (Judicial action to protect students' rights is justified) only when the decision to censor a school-sponsored publication, theatrical production or other vehicle of student expression has no valid educational purpose."[10]"
Hazelwood v. Kuhlmeier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What you're forgetting is that Shelton v. Tucker wasn't ruled on by a circuit court. Nor was it overturned by Hazelwood v. Kuhlmeier. It was ruled on by the Supreme Court, care to try again? Besides, showing the human gestational cycle itself serves a valid educational purpose. This ruling is irrelevant to Tucker, and your argument is toast.

Last edited:
I wonder if the school would have had the same feelings over a pro choice display set during lunch? I can't say for sure but my best guess would be no.

Wait a minute.

So whats the deal with schools handing out condoms then? Condoms are a form of birth control. So there goes that argument. Moreover it does hold influence in the classroom, an example being in New York.

Planned Parenthood of New York City promotes comprehensive sex education in schools and for school-aged youth as an important way – along with parental guidance – to help young people lead sexually healthy and responsible lives. We:

-assist schools in developing and delivering medically accurate, age-appropriate sex education curricula.

-conduct two evidence-based interventions, "Making Proud Choices" and "Be Proud, Be Responsible, Be Protective," to reduce adolescent sexual risk behaviors.

-bring our "Taking Care of You" workshops to schools and community organizations in the Bronx. These workshops cover topics such as abstinence, contraception, prevention of sexually transmitted infections including HIV, sexual orientation, healthy relationships, and many other concerns.

-offer interactive workshops by our award-winning peer educators, the Teen Advocates, who educate young people about teens' rights and access to sexual and reproductive health care.

-offer workshops led by our Adult Role Models – community members trained to show parents, teachers, and other trusted adults how to talk with kids about sex in a comfortable and informed way.

-provide trainings that can help educators to hone their knowledge and skills for teaching about sexual and reproductive health.

-advocate for funding and legislation to support comprehensive sex education in New York schools.

Nothing about abortion, I see. Hmmmmm
Like I said.

Wait a minute.

Like I said.

Planned Parenthood sets up clinic in Los Angeles high school | The Daily Caller

Los Angeles High School Partners With Planned Parenthood To Offer Access To Contraception | Think Progress

Wanna try again?

Last edited:

Hazelwood v. Kuhlmeier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What you're forgetting is that Shelton v. Tucker wasn't ruled on by a circuit court. It was ruled on by the Supreme Court, care to try again? Besides, showing the human gestational cycle itself serves a valid educational purpose. This ruling is irrelevant to Tucker.

What are you even talking about? I never even claimed whatever you just posted. Please keep up.

And no, expressing your social beliefs is not an educational tool. She set up the booth to back up her views on abortion.
Neither side of that debate should be using a public school to get their opinion out. The Principal had every right to not allow the booth.

I wish the radical whacko leftist would hurry up and decide when they want to come for our guns. The suspense is gripping

-Geaux

What you're forgetting is that Shelton v. Tucker wasn't ruled on by a circuit court. It was ruled on by the Supreme Court, care to try again? Besides, showing the human gestational cycle itself serves a valid educational purpose. This ruling is irrelevant to Tucker.

What are you even talking about? I never even claimed whatever you just posted. Please keep up.

And no, expressing your social beliefs is not an educational tool. She set up the booth to back up her views on abortion.
Neither side of that debate should be using a public school to get their opinion out. The Principal had every right to not allow the booth.

Sorry, when you use science to back up your views, you are thus educating people about those views scientifically. I'm sorry that doesn't jibe with your views on reality, Luissa.

As I already demonstrated, the Principal had no legal basis to disallow the booth. He did not prove beyond any doubt that it would have disrupted school activity, he only merely demonstrated that it was "controversial." Using the test established in Tinker, that reasoning would have failed; you cannot disallow speech simply because you find it unpleasant.

Last edited:
Wait a minute.

Like I said.

Planned Parenthood sets up clinic in Los Angeles high school | The Daily Caller

Los Angeles High School Partners With Planned Parenthood To Offer Access To Contraception | Think Progress

Wanna try again?

Do you want to try again? No where does it mention abortion. It does mention that it is a clinic with a nurse who provides STD testing, pregnancy tests, and birth control..... All in private.
Still nothing to do with abortion.
So do you want to try again???

Do you want to try again? No where does it mention abortion. It does mention that it is a clinic with a nurse who provides STD testing, pregnancy tests, and birth control..... All in private.

Abortion is a form of contraception/birth control. So no, the onus rests with you.

I wish the radical whacko leftist would hurry up and decide when they want to come for our guns. The suspense is gripping

-Geaux

Nutters. They get tired of talking about abortion quickly. And when they do....they often wish to change the subject to guns. They hate death so much!

Sorry, when you use science to back up your views, you are thus educating people about those views scientifically. I'm sorry that doesn't jibe with your views on reality, Luissa.

As I already demonstrated, the Principal had no legal basis to disallow the booth. He did not prove beyond any doubt that it would have disrupted school activity, he only merely demonstrated that it was "controversial." Using the test established in Tinker, that reasoning would have failed, you cannot disallow speech simply because you find it unpleasant.

As I proved with two court rulings, the principal had every right.

My views? Like I said, either side should not be using public school to get their opinion out there.
The principal didn't disallow free speech, for one she is still allowed to have her club and express her views, he just exercised his right to not allow the booth.
And the two Supreme Court rulings I posted were after Tinker, and proved he has every right to not allow her booth.
Sorry if that goes against your ignorant understanding of what the first amendment protects you from.

Abortion is a form of contraception. So no, the onus rests with you.

Wow! Nice stretch there. And no abortion is not a form of contraception. Contraception prevents pregnancy, a D&C is the removal of a fetus. Please don't speak about things you don't understand.
Does the article you post mention abortion? No it didn't. It mentioned contraception, which abortion is not a form of.
So do you want to try again?

In order to restrict the speech of a student, you must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it would disrupt the operation of the school itself. Otherwise, you can't arbitrarily stop a student from expressing themselves.

At least you’ve abandoned this ‘culture of intolerance’ nonsense and are instead addressing the merits of the specific issue.

The student’s First Amendment right to free speech and expression was not violated as the policy constitutes an appropriate time, place, or manner restriction (Frisby v. Schultz (1988)). And such restrictions are interpreted more broadly with regard to students in a school setting.

Even with the administrator’s statement that the display was ‘controversial,’ a policy keeping the lunchroom clear of such displays nonetheless meets the content-neutral requirement as well as a compelling governmental interest to avoid disruption in a hectic lunchroom environment.

Moreover, there are clearly alternative channels of communication that can be afforded the student with regard to her display that would be considerably less disruptive than a lunchroom.

I do love it when men who know nothing of women's reproductive health, try to act like they do. Lol

I bet you think the morning after pill is a form of an abortion too.

Forum List

Back