A Daily Message

God helps those that help themselves.

In terms of salvation, we are all utterly helpless. We are all infected by sin (Romans 3:23), and condemned as a result of that sin (Romans 6:23). Nothing we can do on our own can remedy this situation (Isaiah 64:6). Thankfully, God is the helper of the helpless. While we were still sinners, Jesus died for us (Romans 5:8). Jesus paid the penalty that we were incapable of paying (2 Corinthians 5:21). God provided the "help" that we need precisely because we could not help ourselves.

God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?

My father often reminded me of that.

He is a smart man.

“To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” (C.S. Lewis)

Notably Jesus and John the Baptizer, taught the necessity of repentance. How can we forgive someone who does not seek forgiveness, or seeks it with a deceptive heart and repeated trespass? Why?

“To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” (C.S. Lewis)

Notably Jesus and John the Baptizer, taught the necessity of repentance. How can we forgive someone who does not seek forgiveness, or seeks it with a deceptive heart and repeated trespass? Why?

Some people believe there is a higher value than right and wrong and forgiveness breaks through your sense of right and wrong. How can you judge people without judging people according to your own prejudices? That is why we need God to judge. If I judge my niece or my nephews, won't I be partial? It takes two people to make a fight and we don't always see ourselves as part of a mistake so when we don't forgive, we are saying we had no responsibility to the relationship and we may have had a fault. Regardless, we are imperfect people and we should forgive or else you can't have a relationship with other people.

Some people believe there is a higher value than right and wrong and forgiveness breaks through your sense of right and wrong.

IOW, Paul was right? It doesn't matter what we do as long as we believe in Jesus.
How can you judge people without judging people according to your own prejudices?

I think that if there is an afterlife and judgement, that we are our own judges, bathed in the light of Truth making us unable to lie, even to ourselves. Those unable to stand the pain they've inflicted on themselves via their corruption, will choose to push the oblivion button themselves. Merciful oblivion, no stench of hell permeating "heaven" by the simple knowledge of its existence.

Regardless, we are imperfect people and we should forgive or else you can't have a relationship with other people.

FWIW, Jesus is reported to have said "Judge not that you be not judged". But the very next thing he says is "cast not your pearls before swine". How do we know who the swine are without judgement?

Jesus doesn't explain. My thought is that we must judge immoral acts--murder, violation of liberty, and theft; and we must make laws to protect their rights. But we shouldn't judge personal behavior, the virtues or lack thereof, that don't violate the right of others, though social pressure if fair game. You can frown upon someone who, say, is obnoxious, but that's all you should do. Also, legal punishment for immoral behavior is a subjective social decision, keeping in mind that if there is no punishment, the law is void.

There are sins that God does not forgive.

Luke 17:2 It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.

It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.

The religious people of this world lied to all their children because they're sinners. Sinless saints who speak for our Creator are the only ones who speak without lying but only one exists in this world today.

There are sins that God does not forgive.

Luke 17:2 It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.

It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.

The religious people of this world lied to all their children because they're sinners. Sinless saints who speak for our Creator are the only ones who speak without lying but only one exists in this world today.

:) Do you know who? I have an idea, other than the obvious of the Second Coming.

“Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” (Mahatma Gandhi)

Gandhi didn't know our Creator. We saints only pray when God puts the words in our mind to pray with, then He answers the prayer for the purpose to increase our faith in Him before He finally gets us totally sin free and born into His hidden wisdom for us to preach from. Once we posses this hidden invisible knowledge, we don't have to pray anymore. We just do His will each and every day for eternity.

That was once known as "gnosis," and many still believe this mystery today.

What is Gnosis?

Many in these times associate the word Gnosis with a collection of texts found in the deserts of the Middle East, such as the Nag Hammdhi texts or Dead Sea Scrolls. Famous examples include The Book of Thomas, The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene, The Hypostasis of the Archons, and Thunder, Perfect Mind. Some believe that Gnosis is exclusively the belief system of long-lost groups of spiritual seekers like the Essenes or Nazarenes. Yet the truth is that those writings and groups were but one fraction of a much older, more widespread movement, but one that cannot be tracked by physical evidence alone: it can only be truly known through awakened, conscious experience - not only here in the physical world, but also in the Internal Worlds, by means of techniques such as meditation, dream yoga, and more.

Gnostic Scriptures and Important Texts
The Book of Thomas
The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
The Hypostasis of the Archons
Thunder, Perfect Mind

I sought to hear the voice of God
And climbed the topmost steeple
But God declared: "Go down again
I dwell among the people.”

(John Henry Newman)

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” (Epicurus)

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

16 Herod was furious when he realized that the wise men had outwitted him. He sent soldiers to kill all the boys in and around Bethlehem who were two years old and under, based on the wise men’s report of the star’s first appearance. 17 Herod’s brutal action fulfilled what God had spoken through the prophet Jeremiah:

18 “A cry was heard in Ramah—
weeping and great mourning.
Rachel weeps for her children,
refusing to be comforted,
for they are dead.”

The Return to Nazareth

19 When Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt. 20 “Get up!” the angel said. “Take the child and his mother back to the land of Israel, because those who were trying to kill the child are dead.”

21 So Joseph got up and returned to the land of Israel with Jesus and his mother. 22 But when he learned that the new ruler of Judea was Herod’s son Archelaus, he was afraid to go there. Then, after being warned in a dream, he left for the region of Galilee. 23 So the family went and lived in a town called Nazareth. This fulfilled what the prophets had said: “He will be called a Nazarene.”

Doesn't it always seem like there is someone that just won't go along with the plan? Now everyone, play nice. :)

“My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.” (Albert Einstein)

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

1 AND I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

"The imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason--over every idea." (Latin Proverb)

Forum List

Back