A damn earthquake woke me up today!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Dunno where it was but it shook the heck out of my bed & dresser just after 7 am today. And I live in Kansas City lol. First one I've ever felt.

Crazy

A preliminary 5.6 magnitude earthquake struck on Saturday morning near Pawnee, Oklahoma, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

I went through one in Ottawa Canada once. Put cracks in my apartment walls. It was interesting.

We don't get them often but there was a big one (for us) about 15 years ago. Saw my truck jump around and my big CRT monitor almost did a face plant, I had to save it. People saw the road rolling like a roller coaster. Fun stuff.

We don't get them often but there was a big one (for us) about 15 years ago. Saw my truck jump around and my big CRT monitor almost did a face plant, I had to save it. People saw the road rolling like a roller coaster. Fun stuff.
I just felt my bed shaking and freaked out. Thought someone was in my room. Very distressing way to wake up.

I just felt my bed shaking and freaked out. Thought someone was in my room. Very distressing way to wake up.
I felt the vibes but thought is was a big truck rumbling along. Then shit started falling off the shelves.

Ya. I had just walked in the kitchen to make coffee and my first thought was, "Holy crap, I really need coffee." It woke my kid up and I realized ok, this is real.

Ya. I had just walked in the kitchen to make coffee and my first thought was, "Holy crap, I really need coffee." It woke my kid up and I realized ok, this is real.
Where do you live? We're 204 miles from where it hit.

PAWNEE, OKLA. — One of the largest earthquakes in Oklahoma rattled the Midwest on Saturday from Nebraska to North Texas, and likely will turn new attention to the practice of disposing oil and gas field wastewater deep underground.

The United States Geological Survey said a 5.6 magnitude earthquake happened at 7:02 a.m. Saturday in north-central Oklahoma, a key energy-producing region. That matches a November 2011 quake in the same region. No major damage was immediately reported.

People in Kansas City and St. Louis, Missouri; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Des Moines, Iowa; and Norman, Oklahoma, all reported feeling the earthquake. Dallas TV station WFAA tweeted that the quake shook their studios, too.

An increase in magnitude 3.0 or greater earthquakes in Oklahoma has been linked to underground disposal of wastewater from oil and natural gas production. State regulators have asked producers to reduce wastewater disposal volumes in earthquake-prone regions of the state. Some parts of Oklahoma now match northern California for the nation's most shake-prone, and one Oklahoma region has a 1 in 8 chance of a damaging quake in 2016, with other parts closer to 1 in 20.

keep fracking morons

Strong Oklahoma earthquake felt from Nebraska to Texas :: WRAL.com

Dunno where it was but it shook the heck out of my bed & dresser just after 7 am today. And I live in Kansas City lol. First one I've ever felt.

Crazy
Back in July (or mid part of June) I started waking up many hours of the morning to pray and told this board I had a bad feeling something very bad was going to happen soon. When I mentioned checking you tube for Christians who may have had bad dreams about a catastrophic event hitting the USA beginning in month of August - I found quite a few. Breezewood mocked me and said why August? Why not November? I didn't say only August I said beginning (sometime) in August because the heaviness I felt - seemed to me to indicate it was right at the door. Then in August the flood in Louisiana happened. Catastrophic event? You decide. Now this past week after seeing the photos of the flood (I don't have cable t.v.) on the internet what impressed me was this wasn't an isolated event - that we are going to see more very catastrophic events ahead and I believe that will include earthquakes - even in places not known for earthquakes. Here in the USA.

With that said, I am wondering if that is going to wake people up to turn to the Lord while they can and repent. Because when you think about the fact that tomorrow is not a guarantee - it would seem to me this should be the first priority. Since the flood - there has been a hurricane which created another flood in Tampa, Florida and now you are talking about an earthquake so I'd say that the Lord does nothing without giving a warning to his servants so that all who are His can pray for the souls of men.

The obvious relation to all of these events is not fracking, drilling or global warming. These events are directly related to the sin in this land that is so saturated with evil that it can no longer contain it - it is a picture of the spiritual realm - being reflected in the physical realm and it will only get worse as the evil works of men grow darker and darker. America is under the judgment of God. You haven't seen anything yet. More and more I have this uneasy knowing in my spirit that the bottom is about to drop out. You may laugh, but I'm telling you - God's judgment is no laughing matter.

Crazy
Back in July (or mid part of June) I started waking up many hours of the morning to pray and told this board I had a bad feeling something very bad was going to happen soon. When I mentioned checking you tube for Christians who may have had bad dreams about a catastrophic event hitting the USA beginning in month of August - I found quite a few. Breezewood mocked me and said why August? Why not November? I didn't say only August I said beginning (sometime) in August because the heaviness I felt - seemed to me to indicate it was right at the door. Then in August the flood in Louisiana happened. Catastrophic event? You decide. Now this past week after seeing the photos of the flood (I don't have cable t.v.) on the internet what impressed me was this wasn't an isolated event - that we are going to see more very catastrophic events ahead and I believe that will include earthquakes - even in places not known for earthquakes. Here in the USA.

With that said, I am wondering if that is going to wake people up to turn to the Lord while they can and repent. Because when you think about the fact that tomorrow is not a guarantee - it would seem to me this should be the first priority. Since the flood - there has been a hurricane which created another flood in Tampa, Florida and now you are talking about an earthquake so I'd say that the Lord does nothing without giving a warning to his servants so that all who are His can pray for the souls of men.

The obvious relation to all of these events is not fracking, drilling or global warming. These events are directly related to the sin in this land that is so saturated with evil that it can no longer contain it - it is a picture of the spiritual realm - being reflected in the physical realm and it will only get worse as the evil works of men grow darker and darker. America is under the judgment of God. You haven't seen anything yet. More and more I have this uneasy knowing in my spirit that the bottom is about to drop out. You may laugh, but I'm telling you - God's judgment is no laughing matter.
It's Saturday morning not Sunday. Save it sista

Crazy

Since the beginning there have been natural occurrences/ natural disasters all over the world, at the same time people attributing it to an angry god and the end of the world

Awoke once to my bed moving around in a hotel in Guadalajara, Mexico. Then I heard the glass sliding doors to the patio shaking like mad and a light hanging by a chain from the ceiling swaying back and forth. By the time I figured out what was going on it was over. It was later it dawned on me I should have exited via the sliders in case the rest of the hotel above me collapsed.

Crazy

Since the beginning there have been natural occurrences/ natural disasters all over the world, at the same time people attributing it to an angry god and the end of the world
You mean God farted this morning?

A preliminary 5.6 magnitude earthquake struck on Saturday morning near Pawnee, Oklahoma, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
good old Pawnee, sure are a lot of injuns hanging around there....

PAWNEE, OKLA. — One of the largest earthquakes in Oklahoma rattled the Midwest on Saturday from Nebraska to North Texas, and likely will turn new attention to the practice of disposing oil and gas field wastewater deep underground.

The United States Geological Survey said a 5.6 magnitude earthquake happened at 7:02 a.m. Saturday in north-central Oklahoma, a key energy-producing region. That matches a November 2011 quake in the same region. No major damage was immediately reported.

People in Kansas City and St. Louis, Missouri; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Des Moines, Iowa; and Norman, Oklahoma, all reported feeling the earthquake. Dallas TV station WFAA tweeted that the quake shook their studios, too.

An increase in magnitude 3.0 or greater earthquakes in Oklahoma has been linked to underground disposal of wastewater from oil and natural gas production. State regulators have asked producers to reduce wastewater disposal volumes in earthquake-prone regions of the state. Some parts of Oklahoma now match northern California for the nation's most shake-prone, and one Oklahoma region has a 1 in 8 chance of a damaging quake in 2016, with other parts closer to 1 in 20.

keep fracking morons

Strong Oklahoma earthquake felt from Nebraska to Texas :: WRAL.com
I lived in OKC for 24 years and never once did an earthquake hit....

Likely caused by Fracking. They pump enormous amounts of oil and gas field wastewater deep underground.

Forum List

Back