A friendly PC reminder

You can't always tell if a man is a man by looking at him either, but that doesn't change the fact that he is by definition a man.

Epic Fail!
Not entirely true. While hormone tests can establish which sex a person is according to, say, standards set by the Olympics committee, race is a social construct. Genetic tests only reveal genetic variables and while they can be used to associate a person to other people with similar gene patterns living together in different parts of the world, that's about all they can do. We all all one species.
heh, read that wrong. Some people believe gender is a social construct, kittenkoder comes to mind.

Race is a social construct and we'd be more correct to use ethnic background but what can you do? Doesn't change my point.

Gender is a social construct. Sex is not.

You can't always tell if a man is a man by looking at him either, but that doesn't change the fact that he is by definition a man.

You can't always tell if a redneck is a redneck by looking at him either, but according to you that doesn't change that fact that he is by definition, intolerant. :rofl:

This is just too damn fun. Keep it coming, please. :lol:
:rolleyes: I never once said you could tell a redneck by looking at him/her. But do keep making yourself look like an idiot and dare I say it, a bigot. :cool:

You can't always tell if a redneck is a redneck by looking at him either, but according to you that doesn't change that fact that he is by definition, intolerant. :rofl:

This is just too damn fun. Keep it coming, please. :lol:

And?

Who would have thought you'd find it fun to be shown to be a complete moron.

A wee bit of a masochist are you, Mani?

Almost 200 posts and still the OP remains un-rebuked. I'd say the moron here is that ugly mug peering back at you from the mirror. Assuming you have the stomach to look yourself in the eye that is.

Un-rebuked? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

re⋅buke
  /rɪˈbyuk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-byook] Show IPA verb, -buked, -buk⋅ing, noun
Use rebuke in a Sentence
–verb (used with object)
1. to express sharp, stern disapproval of; reprove; reprimand.

rebuke definition | Dictionary.com

Maybe you want to learn the definitions of words before you attempt to use them in the future? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Skin color, and ancestors skin color.

So is Derek Jeter black or not?

Spell out his lineage for me.

Nikfail.

You're backed into a corner by your own foolish posts and now you flail like a beached trout. The only characteristic you offer regarding "black" is skin color, yet you yourself admit that you cannot determine one's status as black or non-black simply by their skin color. And you're too stupid to realize that this proves me right and you wrong. And that's fuck'n funny. Really really fuck'n funny. :rofl:

So is Derek Jeter black or not?

Nikfail.

You're backed into a corner by your own foolish posts and now you flail like a beached trout. The only characteristic you offer regarding "black" is skin color, yet you yourself admit that you cannot determine one's status as black or non-black simply by their skin color. And you're too stupid to realize that this proves me right and you wrong. And that's fuck'n funny. Really really fuck'n funny. :rofl:

Must you constantly lie?

I said:

And?

Who would have thought you'd find it fun to be shown to be a complete moron.

A wee bit of a masochist are you, Mani?

Almost 200 posts and still the OP remains un-rebuked. I'd say the moron here is that ugly mug peering back at you from the mirror. Assuming you have the stomach to look yourself in the eye that is.

re⋅buke
  /rɪˈbyuk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-byook] Show IPA verb, -buked, -buk⋅ing, noun
Use rebuke in a Sentence
–verb (used with object)

Maybe you want to learn the definitions of words before you attempt to use them in the future? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're really too easy greenhorn. You've rebuked me several times, but not the points made in the OP. Perhaps you should go read it again and step up to the challenge this time. I dare you to tell me which points you specifically disagree with. :eusa_whistle:

Nikfail.

Must you constantly lie?

I said:

so you don't know if a person is black unless they bring the family photos with them? i'll leave aside the fact that that's not what you said the first time, captain beefheart.

:rofl:

nikfail

Nikfail.

Must you constantly lie?

I said:

No, I meantioned skin color. :cuckoo:

re⋅buke
Use rebuke in a Sentence
–verb (used with object)

You're really too easy greenhorn. You've rebuked me several times, but not the points made in the OP. Perhaps you should go read it again and step up to the challenge this time. I dare you to tell me which points you specifically disagree with. :eusa_whistle:

So when noose said:

well seeing how rednecks would be a sub group of what we would call white people not all white people are being maligned but when you say blacks are this or that you are speaking of all blacks

Was he agreeing with you or disagreeing with you?

Epic Fail!
Not entirely true. While hormone tests can establish which sex a person is according to, say, standards set by the Olympics committee, race is a social construct. Genetic tests only reveal genetic variables and while they can be used to associate a person to other people with similar gene patterns living together in different parts of the world, that's about all they can do. We all all one species.

The color of ones skin is a genetic variable.
Amount of melatonin, and that is affected by exposure to the sun.
Being perceived or self identifying as black involves more than shade of skin.

re⋅buke
Use rebuke in a Sentence
–verb (used with object)

When I said:

Wait...you mean we have different standards for judging people on how they act v. judging people on their skin color?

How terribly absurd and elitist of us

In response to the OP, was I disagreeing or agreeing with you?

Nikfail.

Must you constantly lie?

I said:

so you don't know if a person is black unless they bring the family photos with them? i'll leave aside the fact that that's not what you said the first time, captain beefheart.

nikfail

You do know that Plessy, of USSC fame, looked completely white, yes?

Epic Fail!
heh, read that wrong. Some people believe gender is a social construct, kittenkoder comes to mind.

Race is a social construct and we'd be more correct to use ethnic background but what can you do? Doesn't change my point.
Agreed. It's very confusing.

So when noose said:

well seeing how rednecks would be a sub group of what we would call white people not all white people are being maligned but when you say blacks are this or that you are speaking of all blacks

Neither. What he posted is called a non-sequitur.

When one maligns rednecks, they're maligning all rednecks. When one maligns blacks, they're maligning all blacks.

Nikfail.

Must you constantly lie?

I said:

No, I meantioned skin color. :cuckoo:

Yes, you did mention skin color. You also said:

The only characteristic you offer regarding "black" is skin color

Manilie.

So when noose said:

When one maligns rednecks, they're maligning all rednecks. When one maligns blacks, they're maligning all blacks.

Fail.

He wasn't talking about maligning some v. all rednecks. He was specifying the difference between a sub group of a race (whites) and all the members of a particular race (blacks).

So when noose said:

When one maligns intolerant bigots, they're maligning all intolerant bigots. When one maligns blacks, they're maligning all blacks.
Fixed it for you.

The color of ones skin is a genetic variable.
Amount of melatonin, and that is affected by exposure to the sun.
Being perceived or self identifying as black involves more than shade of skin.

It does, and most of those traits are genetic ones.

Must you constantly lie?

I said:

nikfail

You do know that Plessy, of USSC fame, looked completely white, yes?

yes, and i'm pretty sure that it's got nothing to do with the issue at hand.

carry on.

p.s. he's dead, so don't worry about mistakenly calling him a redneck.

When I said:

Wait...you mean we have different standards for judging people on how they act v. judging people on their skin color?

How terribly absurd and elitist of us

In response to the OP, was I disagreeing or agreeing with you?

Neither. You were agreeing with your own mischaracterization of what is contained in the OP.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back