A Glimmer of Common Sense In Louisiana?

Could this be a prediction of more enlightened times in Louisiana? I hope so, but don't this that's the case. I'm sure this bill will be reintroduced at a later date...either in Louisiana or another state occupied by lots of crazies, like Texas.

Rep. Thomas Carmody, R-Shreveport, scrapped his proposal to make the Holy Bible the official state book before it could go to a full vote of the state House of Representatives Monday evening. The bill had become a distraction, he said.

In introducing the legislation, Carmody always maintained he was not taking steps to establish a state religion, but rather to educate people. Critics have accused him of foisting faith inappropriately into the government sphere. Others thought such a designation would trivialize the Bible and its importance.

btw...the bill was later amended by the legislature to all versions of the Bible, essentially making Christianity the state religion.

There are plenty of anti-Constitution Americans who would vote for the bible being no only a state book, but a national book. Bet on it.

Louisiana is a good state, my parents go on vacation there a lot...I've been to Shreveport, but a tornado hit just as we were entering town..

Thanks for eating my cat and leaving a deuce in my toilet you slant eyed ancestor worshiper.

I guess the meds aren't kicking in yet. Anything to say about the thread topic, psycho?

There is no common sense in LA. It's a shit hole.

How many years did you live there, psycho? It must have taken a while to get to know every single resident well enough to determine that none had any common sense (leaving aside the laughable notion that YOU are qualified to make such a determination).

Forum List

Back