A predominantly White section of Baton Rouge has now been allowed to secede from the Black-majority Louisiana state capital.

St. George looks very suburban, like most of Baton Rouge. In the downtown I see huge apartment blocks and office buildings. I don't see any midsize buildings like rowhouses. Without fossil fuels and cars, most of the city might be demolished and rebuilt for more practical housing in a more walkable city. More remote suburban areas like St. George may be abandoned.

Why did they do this? this can o ky lead to increased division wnd segregation in other places. Perhaps poor manaement of taxes and accoiuntability for this misuse would smarten up politicians.

Well, go to Baton Rouge and see why for yourself. What is curious is that they didn't do that a long time ago.

CONGRATULATIONS to the people of the new city in Louisiana.

I hope that they can live in peace and order. That's how human beings should be able to live!!!

I believe that a somewhat similar movement to secede has failed in Atlanta. Very disappointing!

Maybe in the coming decades, more such secessionist movements will occur in this nation. (It would be great if, say, Chinatown in New York City could be granted some kind of autonomy, which would allow them to keep out violent undesirables.)
yeh, it's sad but I approve.

I can understand people wanting to secede from places like Portland, OR where I once lived (when i wasn't in my right mind... but didn't really know it)

Forum List

Back