A good reason why history is important

If all we know is the Goths rebelled against Rome, we lose the meaning of the lesson.

You're right. The lesson is that Goths have been rebelling against society since the beginning of time.

page-172-02.jpg

Anyway, there are lots of parallels to our own time we can find in history. You're the young dog, barking and bristling at every human that walks by, protecting your driveway and no mistake. I'm the old dog, seen so many humans walk by I don't bother getting up anymore. In short, I think you're overreacting a bit, is all.
No dementia lady. I don't agree. At all. There is a monumental difference between accepting immigrants and an invasion by another country. And 20 million Mexicans and Central American's crossing our border and breaking into our country illegally is an invasion.

You have to love how insanely disingenuous the modern-day liberal has become. A man wants to walk into the women's bathroom and rape a 12 year old girl? That's not a crime, that's just "freedom of restroom" for the transgender. A person from another country wants to sneak into the U.S. at night? That's not a crime, that's just "immigration". Obama wants to bypass Congress and create law by executive fiat? That's not a crime, that's just "Executive Orders" (even though not a one of them has a clue what an Executive Order actually is or what is was designed for).
I thought OP was referring to terrorist Muslims snuggling into the heartland and then turning on us like The Snake that Trump likes to tell about.
All the rest of your argument has nothing to do with the OP and I plan on thoroughly ignoring it.
Yea, I kinda took you gave up on life. "inevitable" is one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard of.
You don't care enough about the problems because you are the generation that fucked everything up.
If you knew history you would know that some in every generation blame the previous generation for its problems. Hindsight is 20/20.
Yea, because the young guys are responsible for 30 years of going down the toilet.
Thanks for that excellent insight.
Every generation inherits problems and difficulties and every generation creates or is faced with new ones that it will either handle and solve or pass on to the next.
I wont argue that. However, this one thinks that band-aids solve problems and literal insanity is somehow sound policy. Seems to me, anyways.

Other fact the op disregarded is in 330 ad
The Roman capital moved from rome to Byzantium.
Leaving the western Roman Empire ripe for distruction by the goths in 402 ad.
The goths were only a small part of the conditions that Rome succumbed to
Immigration was not one of them.

Last edited:
Your version of history is fear the Negro, fear the Jew, fear the Irish, fear, fear, fear. We've seen it time and again and it's always mostly just the childish fear of others. Fear is not history.
As always, you got your ass handed to you with facts and then resorted to falsely screaming "racism". Canada protects its own borders asshat. Are they "racist"? Answer the question. Don't run like a little girl. Be a big boy for once and admit you were wrong.
Well puddles, you can protect the borders, if you want to, but that won't stop you or the OP fearing the dreaded other.

And are you a racist? Without a doubt. That's the fear of children such as you.
LWNJ is :cuckoo:
Anyway, there are lots of parallels to our own time we can find in history. You're the young dog, barking and bristling at every human that walks by, protecting your driveway and no mistake. I'm the old dog, seen so many humans walk by I don't bother getting up anymore. In short, I think you're overreacting a bit, is all.
Okay, so it was a poem by Emma Lazarus, not a declaration from old Tom Jefferson, but we've always been a country that (sometimes reluctantly, kicking and screaming) opens our doors to people who want a better life. Like you already know, we are all immigrants here. To me, that's an important part of what America is. You don't agree?

No dementia lady. I don't agree. At all. There is a monumental difference between accepting immigrants and an invasion by another country. And 20 million Mexicans and Central American's crossing our border and breaking into our country illegally is an invasion.

You have to love how insanely disingenuous the modern-day liberal has become. A man wants to walk into the women's bathroom and rape a 12 year old girl? That's not a crime, that's just "freedom of restroom" for the transgender. A person from another country wants to sneak into the U.S. at night? That's not a crime, that's just "immigration". Obama wants to bypass Congress and create law by executive fiat? That's not a crime, that's just "Executive Orders" (even though not a one of them has a clue what an Executive Order actually is or what is was designed for).
I thought OP was referring to terrorist Muslims snuggling into the heartland and then turning on us like The Snake that Trump likes to tell about.
All the rest of your argument has nothing to do with the OP and I plan on thoroughly ignoring it.
Yea, I kinda took you gave up on life. "inevitable" is one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard of.
You don't care enough about the problems because you are the generation that fucked everything up.
That's not true. I'm not so far gone that I've become a Buddhist, yet. I'm not going to keep saying it over and over, though, because you've decided not to listen. Good talk. See ya later.

Every country in the world secures their borders, arrests people who enter illegally, and after their prison sentence, deports them. It is especially important that the U.S. follow these basic procedures considering we already suffered one 9/11 attack and Al Qaeda & ISIS is just dying to attack us again.

Liberals know it too. But they are so desperate to win elections that the will resort to violating the law and putting American lives at risk. It's a damn shame. But such is the cancer known as liberalism. It's eating America alive (just as cancer does to the human body) and if we don't find a cure for it quickly, it will kill this country (just like it killed the U.S.S.R., Cuba, Cambodia, etc.)

Every country in the world secures their borders, arrests people who enter illegally, and after their prison sentence, deports them. It is especially important that the U.S. follow these basic procedures considering we already suffered one 9/11 attack and Al Qaeda & ISIS is just dying to attack us again.
Not the 911 ploy again

Gothic War (376–382) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, against roman policy, they let a bunch of foreigners in their territory. 2 years later, they get overthrown.
Simply look at Texas. Mexico let a bunch of gringos in and the next thing you know.....
False comparison!
Perfect comparison.
Mexico lost half its territory because of the whites who had immigrated in within its borders.

Essentially, against roman policy, they let a bunch of foreigners in their territory. 2 years later, they get overthrown.
Simply look at Texas. Mexico let a bunch of gringos in and the next thing you know.....
False comparison!
Perfect comparison.
Mexico lost half its territory because of the whites who had immigrated in within its borders.
Nope but you just keep telling yourself that.

Mexican–American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

False comparison!
Perfect comparison.

Your ignorance of history is understandable, you're a leftist. But you really have no excuse for not reading your own links.

"The war with the United States followed in the wake of decades of Indian raids in the sparsely settled north of Mexico, which the avenger government-sponsored American migration to the Mexican province of Texas was aimed at buffering. Americans and some Mexicans revolted against the Mexican government in the 1836 Texas Revolution, creating a republic not recognized by Mexico, which still claimed it as its national territory. The 1845 expansion of US territory with its annexation of Texas escalated the dispute between the United States and Mexico to open war."

False comparison!
Perfect comparison.

Your ignorance of history is understandable, you're a leftist. But you really have no excuse for not reading your own links.

"The war with the United States followed in the wake of decades of Indian raids in the sparsely settled north of Mexico, which the avenger government-sponsored American migration to the Mexican province of Texas was aimed at buffering. Americans and some Mexicans revolted against the Mexican government in the 1836 Texas Revolution, creating a republic not recognized by Mexico, which still claimed it as its national territory. The 1845 expansion of US territory with its annexation of Texas escalated the dispute between the United States and Mexico to open war."
In reality that supports my pov not yours .
you calling someone else ignorant is not only ironic but high farce.

False comparison!
Perfect comparison.

Yep, uncontrolled immigration is why Mexico lost much of its nation.

False comparison!
Perfect comparison.

False! But you keep telling yourself that.

Perfect comparison.

Shitforbrains claims whites had nothing to do with the establishment of Texas.
More proof that leftardism is a mental illness.

False! I claimed nothing of the kind.
Odd that you went from whites immigrating to Mexico as the only cause for mexico losing most of its territory.
To making false accusations about something I never said .
Stupid much?

Odd that you went from whites immigrating to Mexico as the only cause for mexico losing most of its territory.
Stupid much?
Ignoramous is argueing against his own link telling how white immigrants into Texas led to first the Texas Revolution then later the Mexican American war.
What a pathetic dufus.

Stupid much?
Ignoramous is argueing against his own link telling how white immigrants into Texas led to first the Texas Revolution then later the Mexican American war.
What a pathetic dufus.
False! That's your simplistic version of what you wish I said.
My link supports my pov.

Stupid much?
What a pathetic dufus.
My link supports my pov.
What color is the sky in your bubble world.
Your own link shows you're an ignorant dufus.

Stupid much?
What a pathetic dufus.
My link supports my pov.
What color is the sky in your bubble world.
Your own link shows you're an ignorant dufus.
You wish.
The article says nothing about white immigrants in Mexico as the sole cause of it losing territories.
You whole bogus argument is based on that simplistic statement.

Forum List

Back