A key inflation measure rose to a 39-year high to 6.8 percent last month under Biden, as Republicans pounce on the bad economic news

The stock market isn't strong because of Biden but despite him. We are coming out of a pandemic. The economy itself is on very fragile footing, however. Look for it to take a major dump if/when Biden passes Build Back Better. There will be an initial bump and then a crash that a Republican that takes office will be blamed for.
Partially correct. With rates being artificially low for so long where else would pension fund and 401k managers invest their assets to garner a strong return? Bonds are way down due to the low interest rates. REITs are iffy due to the pandemic and more working from home. Currencies are unstable. There is the stock market and crypto...

Yeah, inflation is sooooo bad everyone is spending money....
Who is "everyone" that is not remotely true. Many in cold weather cities are petrified that heating bills will be tough to manage. 40% Year over Year increase if you have oil heat. Good luck!

Woo hoo. Oil and prices come down some, but of course, they are 30% higher than they were when Trump was in office in late 2020.
Yeah, I would hope so. A year ago in the the former president's pandemic hell our economy was shit street.

Who is "everyone" that is not remotely true. Many in cold weather cities are petrified that heating bills will be tough to manage. 40% Year over Year increase if you have oil heat. Good luck!
Sure, can you post information regarding consumer spending?

I do have to wonder if these same people we saying how stupid Reagan was when inflation was this high under him.
Having lived during that period, you have to be informed that Reagan inherited the inflation rate from Carter... I know cause I voted for Carter (BIG BIG MISTAKE because I thought he was smart) so I LIVED through that time!
Historically here is inflation history from that period: FACTS.
1977-- 1980 Carter
1981-1988 Reagan
1989-1992 Bush
1975-1990Infaction.png

Your argument is essentially, no one goes there anymore since it's so crowded.

otto105
Its not strong now and won't be as long a Bidung is the POTUS. The man is a walking, talking disaster that YOU voted for. Congrats

otto105
Its not strong now and won't be as long a Bidung is the POTUS. The man is a walking, talking disaster that YOU voted for. Congrats
Yes, I am very happy to have voted for President Biden.

Just look at our economy and markets from last year.

When were those payments again?

I'm not just talking about JUST stimulus or extra unemployment. I am talking about the raise in SNAP and the advance and now fully refundable child tax credits. People have more money to spend per month because they are either getting an advance(some of which will be in for a rude awakening on tax day) or actually getting free money from the government per month per child because it is given to those that pay no income taxes. $300 per child under 5 and $250 for each child 6-17. That is quite a bit of extra money per month to spend for some families.

Now, for stimulus checks. There are more coming. $1400/ adult and $500/child to those under certain income limits. A family of 5 with 2 kids under the age of 5 and 3 from 6-17, who pays no federal income taxes would get a $4300 stimulus check in Dec. in addition to their monthly $1350 child tax "credit" check that they receive monthly. Keep in mind, this doesn't include SNAP or housing allowances and this money is completely tax-free for them. $5650 after taxes in 1 month is equivalent to someone making at least 80k/yr. Granted, they won't get the stimulus every month, but they will get the child tax credit and all their other bills are paid for anyway. Can you see why they are not working and why they are spending money?

It is hard to keep up with all the freebies, isn't it?

Child tax credit: An extra $1,800 per kid? You could still get money after monthly checks end next week

Forum List

Back