A Little Background on Modern Impeachements

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Nixon.
Resigned before impeachment. Among the charges were his orders to do illegal actions. Someone says Nixon ordered me to do it and Nixon says no I did not order him to do it, tie goes to the President. One problem, Nixon taped himself giving the orders.

Reagan.
Iran arms deal. Testimony from everyone was Reagan never gave a direct order to do it. Zero evidence the President ordered it. End of the line.

Clinton.
She says he did, he says he did not, again - tie to the President. Except for one thing - the blue dress.

Trump.
Russia something, nobody can name any law violated. All testimony by the key players says Trump never ordered any illegal or even unethical actions. End of the line.

Moral of the story - you need hard verifiable concrete evidence in order to find anyone guilty in America. We all know the left love the Soviet style of justice where vague innuendos or your friend of a friend who did this and that so off to the gulag, but this is America.

Nixon.
Resigned before impeachment. Among the charges were his orders to do illegal actions. Someone says Nixon ordered me to do it and Nixon says no I did not order him to do it, tie goes to the President. One problem, Nixon taped himself giving the orders.

Reagan.
Iran arms deal. Testimony from everyone was Reagan never gave a direct order to do it. Zero evidence the President ordered it. End of the line.

Clinton.
She says he did, he says he did not, again - tie to the President. Except for one thing - the blue dress.

Trump.
Russia something, nobody can name any law violated. All testimony by the key players says Trump never ordered any illegal or even unethical actions. End of the line.

Moral of the story - you need hard verifiable concrete evidence in order to find anyone guilty in America. We all know the left love the Soviet style of justice where vague innuendos or your friend of a friend who did this and that so off to the gulag, but this is America.

Clinton was not impeached because of the sexual encounter with the Intern so his word against her word matter not but he was impeached because of the lie he told under oath which he was impeached by the House and was never convicted by the Senate.

George H.W. Bush is the person you should look at if you want to know who was behind the Iran\Contra Scandal while Bush was VP for Reagan.

Nixon was guilty but did the right thing by stepping down and it could be argue if Ford did the correct thing by pardoning Nixon.

As for Trump there will be another Ollie North and someone will fall on the sword to make sure Trump remain in power if and remember I wrote if Trump is found to have done something wrong or someone within his admin did something wrong.

Impeachment is impossible when Trump own political party control the House and then you need Democrats to convict in the Senate seeing the GOP will lack the votes no matter what and if Schumer has a brain in his head he would not Convict but let Trump sit there as a lame duck instead.

( Again this is IF anything is found that could lead to possible impeachment and conviction )

Censure is the best course of action when dealing with any President if something is found and leave them in power until the next election unless the crime is to the point of Treason.

Nixon.

Reagan.

Clinton.

Trump.

Clinton was not impeached because of the sexual encounter with the Intern so his word against her word matter not but he was impeached because of the lie he told under oath which he was impeached by the House and was never convicted by the Senate.

George H.W. Bush is the person you should look at if you want to know who was behind the Iran\Contra Scandal while Bush was VP for Reagan.

Nixon was guilty but did the right thing by stepping down and it could be argue if Ford did the correct thing by pardoning Nixon.

As for Trump there will be another Ollie North and someone will fall on the sword to make sure Trump remain in power if and remember I wrote if Trump is found to have done something wrong or someone within his admin did something wrong.

Impeachment is impossible when Trump own political party control the House and then you need Democrats to convict in the Senate seeing the GOP will lack the votes no matter what and if Schumer has a brain in his head he would not Convict but let Trump sit there as a lame duck instead.

( Again this is IF anything is found that could lead to possible impeachment and conviction )

Censure is the best course of action when dealing with any President if something is found and leave them in power until the next election unless the crime is to the point of Treason.
Again, for the 14,578th time - what law was violated?

Nixon.

Reagan.

Clinton.

Trump.

Again, for the 14,578th time - what law was violated?

See you can not understand the word if and I even put it in red and stated if and nothing about any laws violated at this time. So what part of If is too hard for you?

Let me guess you believe that I believe Trump will be impeached and I do not!

Why is it that those that voted for Trump believe everything written about Trump must either be something that smoke up his ass or it is accusing Trump of a crime?

Nixon.

Reagan.

Clinton.

Trump.

And yes, Clinton was impeached.

IMPEACHMENT: THE OVERVIEW -- CLINTON IMPEACHED; HE FACES A SENATE TRIAL, 2D IN HISTORY; VOWS TO DO JOB TILL TERM'S 'LAST HOUR'

Nixon.

Reagan.

Clinton.

Trump.

And yes, Clinton was impeached.

IMPEACHMENT: THE OVERVIEW -- CLINTON IMPEACHED; HE FACES A SENATE TRIAL, 2D IN HISTORY; VOWS TO DO JOB TILL TERM'S 'LAST HOUR'

Oh my God and I wrote he was impeached by the damn House did I not and was never Convicted by the Senate but it was not over the sexual act but over his lie!

What part of that was so hard for you to understand?

Let me guess you're next trick will accuse me of lying while I have not edited my post and my words are right there!

Forum List

Back