A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

Didn't you take an oath to defend the Constitution? Do you happen to know what it says? JW

The constitution says that "the people" as a whole are allowed to bear arms to form "well regulated militias"

Basically, there is a collective right for civilians to form an armed force to stand by in readiness to defend the country. The second amendment is therefore fulfilled by the existence of the U.S military

We've discussed your misguided interpretation of the 2nd Amendment on this site many times. The Bill of Rights enumerates INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS; it is not a collectivist treatise.

Who's sock is this guy?

Didn't you take an oath to defend the Constitution? Do you happen to know what it says? JW

Did you know that there's a wide variety of weapons that people can own?

You type as if those semi automatic weapons are outlawed no one will have a weapon.

Taking one type of weapon out of the hands of civilians isn't removing all weapons. So people are free to bear as many arms as they want.

Stop lying.

Its mostly you don't know the difference between an assault waepon abd a hunting weapon except one looks scarier then the other.

You type as if those semi automatic weapons are outlawed no one will have a weapon.

Taking one type of weapon out of the hands of civilians isn't removing all weapons. So people are free to bear as many arms as they want.

Stop lying.

Do you know the wide variety of religions that people have? Outlawing Islam doe not remove all religion.

Fucking Communist morons.

Getting a 99 isn't THAT rare. I got a 99 on the ASVAB as well. I also passed the DLAB without being fluent in any foreign languages either.

You don't need to know a foreign language to pass the DLAB, it measures a persons ability to lean a language, not what they know. And yes a 99 is exceptionally rare, I dealt with thousands of service records, knew hundreds of recruiters in all services in my 5.5 years in recruiting and was aware of 1. I'd also make a bet that you weren't in the combat engineers.

You want to make a bet on if I got a 99 on the ASVAB? If you make it worth my while I'll dig up my original contract that shows my score and that I was being accepted as a Crytpological Linguist. So make it worth my while and I'll scan and post it.

Where did I say you didn't? I said it was extremely rare. And I was right, you were no 12B.

Never said I was a Combat engineer. I said I got a 99 on the ASVAB. When I got the 99 they didn't make a big deal out of it... I was just told that is as high as you can get and it is not based on number of questions you get correct, but based on your score verses the percentages of the rest of the scores. So getting a 99 is great, but if you base it against the scores of a bunch of knuckleheads, it's not that big of a deal.

Well your obvious intelligence seems to not be much of an asset, if you were paying attention the OP who also claimed a prefect score, said he was a 12B.

And? you said getting a 99 on the ASVAB was such a big deal and hard to get. You even doubled down later and said you only saw one in 5 and half years as a recruiter. I said it wasn't that rare and I got one too. After getting the 99 I was told I could pick whatever job I wanted except those that required a college degree. I decided to take the DLAB and go for Crytpological Linguist because the training is in Moneterey, California.

So tell me then what these numbers mean. AFQT: 99 , GT 127 , EL 132 , and MM 124? I'm guessing the MM was the mechanical part of the test.

I am a veteran of the United States Army. I served as a 12B (Combat Engineer) in the 37th Engineer Battalion, part of the illustrious 82nd Airborne Division

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why any civilian needs or wants to own an assault rifle. During OSUT (a form of initial training where Basic and AIT are rolled into one course), we learned that our rifles were deadly weapons, designed solely for killing the enemy on a battlefield. When we trained with our weapons, we had to shoot a "qualification" test. We were presented with forty popup targets, one after another at different distances, from fifty to three hundred meters, all in very quick succession. We had to kill at least twenty three targets to pass the test, but most of us, including those of us who never fired a gun before, easily shot thirty or more targets. All this was in the span of less than two minutes, and we even had to reload once in that time. I don't get why any civilian needs to kill thirty people in two minutes, unless he is deliberately causing carnage and mass death.

The civilian AR15 is just a M-4 carbine by any other name. The only difference is that it does not have burst capacity. That is not nearly as big a difference as the NRA makes it out to be. We never, ever used burst mode in the military, since it wasted ammo, was inaccurate, and generally useless. Besides for that difference, the AR 15 is the exact same as the M4. The M4's features are designed to kill a large number of people in a short amount of time, including a detachable magazine which allows for rapid reloading and a buffer tube and muzzle brake which dampens recoil, so that a shooter can fire off a large number of rounds with minimal affect on accuracy.

All the arguments about " I need my AR 15 for hunting" or "I need my Ar15 for self defense" are entirely ridiculous. The 5.56 Nato round, which the Ar15 uses, is designed to pierce body armor. Which deer wears body armor? And your fantasies about shooting fifteen home invaders at once is just that: a fantasy which will likely never happen. The only real purpose of the AR 15 in American society is to kill large numbers of clubgoers, schoolchildren, or innocent bystanders at a time.

And for those of you who claim that "my Ar15 will protect me from tyranny," guess what, you're wrong. In my time in the military, I saw that no civilian rebellion would ever stand a chance against us. We have M1 Abrams tanks which can survive multiple rocket hits. We have drones which can bomb your house while being controlled by a person a thousand miles away. If worst came to worst, we have nuclear weapons which can quickly bring a seceding city or state into the stone age.

let's also talk about concealed carry. You are civilians. You are not deployed to a foreign country halfway around the globe. You are not fighting basically an entire for the sake of securing their oil supplies. You are not under constant threat of attack from people defending their homes from foreign invaders.

Therefore, you have no reason to carry a gun in public. Nobody needs to carry a handgun into mcDonald's or into a bank. You are not in a war zone.

And don;t give me the bs that concealed carry decreases crime. It has been proven, by STANFORD UNIVERSITY, that concealed carry actually INCREASES violent crime:

Right-to-carry gun laws linked to increase in violent crime, Stanford research shows

Trust me, I used to be an NRA member myself when i was 18. I bought into the propaganda because i was stupid, uninformed, and thought it was fun to play with guns. After joining the military, I learned to treat firearms, especially assault rifles, as tools of death and destruction, something which should be kept out of most civilian hands.

The right wing claims to respect veterans, so please listen to the words of a former soldier. I trained with assault rifles. I carried an assault rifle as part of my job. I can tell you that the military M-4 and the Ar-15 are nearly identical, and that no civilian needs a weapon designed to kill dozens of people in a matter of minutes.
I was Marine infantry and I realize the importance to Liberty of an armed general public and a military that will join them against an oppressive regime. The liberals are trying to lower the military standards to a level where they can put as many gays and other communist into the service in order to force tyranny on the nation.

"I cannot, for the life of me, understand why any civilian needs or wants to own an assault rifle."

Well, AR platform rifles are extremely cool and fun to shoot; and being modular allows for versatility as well.

For example, one can purchase a 300 BLK upper and use the 5.56 BCG, CH, and magazines.

The constitution says that "the people" as a whole are allowed to bear arms to form "well regulated militias"

Basically, there is a collective right for civilians to form an armed force to stand by in readiness to defend the country. The second amendment is therefore fulfilled by the existence of the U.S military
Wrong.

The Supreme Court determines what the Constitution means, including the Second Amendment, as authorized by the doctrine of judicial review and Articles III and VI.

Consequently, as a settled and accepted fact of Constitutional law, the Second Amendment enshrines an individual right to possess a firearm, pursuant to the right of lawful self-defense.

a "well regulated milita," aka one that received basic training and were under organized discipline and had a set chain of command

Times have changed and so has the Supreme Courts interpretation of the Constitution. They have found that individuals have a right to own guns without having to be in a militia. They also found that the Government has the right to restrict and regulate Guns as well.

The only real solution is to amend the Constitution.

Impossible as it seems.
No need to. No right is absolute, like yelling fire in a crowded movie theater. No child has the right to carry a firearm onto the playground. Government has a role to play but denying citizens the right to bear arms violates the intent. Otherwise why even have the second?

It made sense for the fledgling country of mostly rural farming communities. I'm not so sure that the FF's would have wanted everyone in the country to have access to rapid fire weapons that they couldn't even dream of. I mean weren't they still using mostly Muzzle loaders back then? They didn't have semi-automatic rifles with 50 round magazines.
Millions of people just like me have never killed anybody, that's why millions of people just like me have an absolute right to firearm ownership - including the harmless(on it's own Ar15)... lol
So take that politically correct bullshit and shove it up your ass…

Love it when you go full retard. Keep up the good work Zippy.

Stop lying.
Did you just accuse me of lying about something I didn't say? Lol ok

My Remington 700 bolt is more than enough protection. Way more than enough. Gun kooky folk will disagree of course.

My Remington 700 bolt is more than enough protection. Way more than enough. Gun kooky folk will disagree of course.

My evil eye and streets smarts is enough protection for me the past 51 years , my glock 9 mm is just for fun.

Oh yea and I have my blue pit.

My evil eye and streets smarts is enough protection for me the past 51 years , my glock 9 mm is just for fun.

If you wash your pits every once in awhile they won't stink or turn blue. Though I can see how the stick would keep people away and you protected.

If you wash your pits every once in awhile they won't stink or turn blue. Though I can see how the stick would keep people away and you protected.

Ya know I can see people's point about gun nuts they used to drive me crazy at my old job, so Fucking boring on how they had to carry all the time even going to walnart pfzzt please .

Ya know I can see people's point about gun nuts they used to drive me crazy at my old job, so Fucking boring on how they had to carry all the time even going to walnart pfzzt please .

The only thing that bugs me about gun nuts, is somewhat the same thing that bugs me about certain car and truck owners. They brag about the strength and size all the time like it is an extension of their personality. Just because you own a fast car, a huge truck, or a powerful gun, that doesn't make you special.

I'm not a gun nut, dont' even own one (cough cough)

But I do enjoy trying to hit graham crackers at 100yds

The only thing that bugs me about gun nuts, is somewhat the same thing that bugs me about certain car and truck owners. They brag about the strength and size all the time like it is an extension of their personality. Just because you own a fast car, a huge truck, or a powerful gun, that doesn't make you special.

Yea we know you morons like driving clown cars to save planet earth.

Forum List

Back