🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A new space race?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

China actually landed this 500lb rover on Mars properly, aka without airbags and such. I could be wrong but I think this is a first is it not? I know we've landed craft traditionally on Mars but not while carrying such a large mobile rover. The rover BTW is about 6ft tall. It's no toy.

Exciting times.

Space Force should have intercepted it and held it for ransom.

That's for your virus, China.
I like the idea of rekindling the "space race"
Competition drives innovation and I want to see a moon colony and legit Mars base before I die.

I don't see it being much or a race. We went to the moon with technology that doesn't even exist anymore, and no companies could even replicate. Much of the engineers drawings, specifications, and data disappeared over times.

Then to make it worse, Obama pretty much gutted NASA. We had to rely on Russia to send our astronauts to the space stations. Even worse than that, I wouldn't look for Biden to give our space program a boost. He has rocks in his head.

• Banned
Space Force should have intercepted it and held it for ransom.

That's for your virus, China.
I like the idea of rekindling the "space race"
Competition drives innovation and I want to see a moon colony and legit Mars base before I die.

I don't see it being much or a race. We went to the moon with technology that doesn't even exist anymore, and no companies could even replicate. Much of the engineers drawings, specifications, and data disappeared over times.

Then to make it worse, Obama pretty much gutted NASA. We had to rely on Russia to send our astronauts to the space stations. Even worse than that, I wouldn't look for Biden to give our space program a boost. He has rocks in his head.
Private enterprise has surpassed NASA and that's a good thing.

Forum List

Back