A perfect example of how the Democrats support the poor!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Cash for clunkers....

A deal created for those with disposable income that can afford to create more debt by purchasing new cars.

But what to do with all the new influx of used cars? We could do any of the following:
Donate them to the poor.
Auction them off and give the money to food banks.
Retrofit them for the handicapped.
Give them to returning vets via a national raffle.
Donate them to halfway houses to help exconvicts get a leg up upon a new release from prison.
Donate them to nonprofit organizations that help the poor.
Any other idea that contributes to giving the needy a leg up.....

All great ideas any liberal would love BUT I have a better idea!

Let's destroy them all to create a shortage of used & affordable cars that the poorest among us could desperately use. This way our union buddies can make even more money off a fake rush on new vehicles!

That is how much the left loves to help the needy!

I would guess alot of them were trashed anyways. All you had to do was be able to drive it in..
IDK man.
I guess they could have donated scrap metal :dunno:

Yes and we sell our steel and scrap metals to other countries and we get a lot of cheap plastic crap in return.

• Banned
I would guess alot of them were trashed anyways. All you had to do was be able to drive it in..
IDK man.
Even a trash car has value. If they didn't junk yards wouldn't exist. Parts parts parts

Call your local junkyard & price a replacement bumper or rear end

IDK man.
Even a trash car has value. If they didn't junk yards wouldn't exist. Parts parts parts
Good point. However, would it be worth it? You are talking alot of labor. Might be cheaper to just give them cash lol
maybe a tax payer funded junk yard? DC would be a great spot for it. Hell, half the junk is already there. Low overhead :)

• Banned
IDK man.
Good point. However, would it be worth it? You are talking alot of labor. Might be cheaper to just give them cash lol
maybe a tax payer funded junk yard? DC would be a great spot for it. Hell, half the junk is already there. Low overhead :)
This falls under the auction option.

Donate or retrofit the good cars and auction off the others to junk yards or recyclers.

Either way this asinine program was a golden opportunity to help others get a leg up and the Democrats wasted the opportunity.

IDK man.

Donate or retrofit the good cars and auction off the others to junk yards or recyclers.

Either way this asinine program was a golden opportunity to help others get a leg up and the Democrats wasted the opportunity.
Its crazy how average citizens have more sense than the dumbfucks our voting block puts in office.

• Banned
IDK man.

Its crazy how average citizens have more sense than the dumbfucks our voting block puts in office.
Obama was so eager to help his union buddies that he just didn't even consider the poor.

What other explanation is there? They wanted to guarante that there was a shortage to force new car purchases.

Cash for clunkers....

A deal created for those with disposable income that can afford to create more debt by purchasing new cars.

But what to do with all the new influx of used cars? We could do any of the following:
Donate them to the poor.
Donate them to halfway houses to help exconvicts get a leg up upon a new release from prison.

Let's destroy them all to create a shortage of used & affordable cars that the poorest among us could desperately use. This way our union buddies can make even more money off a fake rush on new vehicles!

If all of the new cars were bought at action rates, it would pull the rug out of the new car market. I can see that using the money from these unsold cars would be a great remedy for our debt, but really, new car prices would plummet.

Help the poor, give cars to thos coming out of prison...commendable but it cannot take away from those people who would lose their jobs in the car industry.

Thee only thing that could be usefu;l is for manufacturers to stop making so many extra cars so the the manufacturers take a loss.

Cash for clunkers....

Donate them to the poor.

If all of the new cars were bought at action rates, it would pull the rug out of the new car market. I can see that using the money from these unsold cars would be a great remedy for our debt, but really, new car prices would plummet.

Help the poor, give cars to thos coming out of prison...commendable but it cannot take away from those people who would lose their jobs in the car industry.

Thee only thing that could be usefu;l is for manufacturers to stop making so many extra cars so the the manufacturers take a loss.
Umm do you know anything about cash for clunkers?

We're talking about USED CARS not new ones

Cash for clunkers....

Donate them to the poor.

OH, I thought you were talkiing about new cars. There are abandoned airports that have thousands of new cars. Thy will never be moved again or owned by anyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cash for clunkers....

Donate them to the poor.

I would agree with you on your ideas. However, it would be nice, if those who received a car, and once they got in their feet again, that they give that car to another who needed it if it was in decent condition. Paying it Forward, if they could.

Forum List

Back